Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I actually realized about college I would say: College is alot different from high school and you have to take everything seriously. It is alot harder than high school and making the transition from high school to college is probably the hardest part. You have to be confident and not afraid to speak up. In high school teachers didn't really care when you said you do not want to speak in front of the class, and I was one of those people, I hated talking in front of the class. When I started college the teachers there didn't take no for an answer, you do what they say. The advice I would give myself as a "high school senior" is to take things more seriously and actually prepare myself for things ahead of time instead of waiting for the last minute to do everything. College is not a big party, like most teens think, college is your future.

Jessi

Sierra College is an excellent community college with a helpful staff that priovides the building blocks for one's future.

Looking back now, i wish i would have researched ALL my options before making my final college plans. There may have been some opportunities that i passed up that would have really benefited me now. But in the end, one does not have to have all the answers in high school. College is all about finding yourself and figuring out your future. Expect the unexpected, and stay strong and focused. Keep striving for what makes you happy and you will suceed.

The worst thing at Sierra College would have to be the little support it receives from its own student body. It seems students dont make the effort to be active in representing their college and fighting for it, especially now with all the financial distress Sierra is experiencing.

Layne

Don't sweat the small stuff. Don't feel pressured to attend college immediately, much can be learned from the work-force. When an opportunity presents itself, grasp it. Much will change in your life, but it will be an amazing and gratifying journey. You have no idea what is in store for you. Smile.

After many years in the work force, from age 19 to 24, I have finally returned to school. I am currently on the President's List, and continuing to surpass scholastic expectations.

Sean

I would tell myself not to take college so easy it is a huge step between high school. I would also tell myself to meet a consuelor more so i could set up a better plan for my degree and not waste so much time on unesscary classes.

Some one who has to work to support themselves either being an older adult or someone that doesnt have too much money avialable to them yet want to attend good colleges.

How many cheap it is compared to going to universities right of high school. That you can recieve that same education and transfer to your desired school saving thousands of dollars a year in tuition.

Savannah

I would tell myself to get rid of the guy because he is holding me back and hurting me. Then I would tell myself to work harder and get on track with scholarships. Keep my head up and do not let high school drama knock me down. Get started with my life earlier so it did not hit me as hard and live my life. Actually be happy with where I am going and who I am. Self- esteem helps loads when transitioning.

That growing up is very hard and if your not ready for it it will hit you in the face with reality. That things after high school are not a piece of cake.

Student's that are not willing to do the work and try. I know most people believe you can skate through community college, but honestly you still have to work and keep focused don't let yourself get too overwhelmed.

George

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice about my future, I would tell myself to pursue what I really love. While i have figured out that I should study my passion, I wish I would've realized it earlier. When choosing a course of study, many people are concerned about practicality as opposed to passion. Because of this, they often choose something that they are not truly dedicated to or do not love; they go for a field or job that is considered "stable." The fact of the matter is, however, that no matter what you love, there is always an opportunity for you. I wish I would have began studying music earlier in my college career; I would have enjoyed school much more. I am glad that I made the change now, and I find myself more deeply interested in going to school and continuing my education. If you do what you love you'll never have to work a day in your life, and I now truly understand the relevance of that statement in my life.

I wish I had known of all the resources available to me before i came. Knowing that there all a variety of ways to get the help I need is always something that is comforting in your first year of college. There are counseling and career connections, as well as alot more financial aid than i thought I could earn. There are so many things to help you in so many ways.

If you are a person who is financially set back, Sierra is good for you. With a wide variety of financial aid available and a low cost to attend, this college allows you to learn at a price that won't put you in debt. Even if you aren't severely strained financially, Sierra is a great way to save money before jumping into a larger university. If you are not sure of a major, Sierra is a great place to go to find out. Utillizing counseling and career resources help you to figure out your future.

Brianna

Sierra College is best know for its nursing and firefighting programs, and for being the best community college in the state.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior and tell myself what I know now about college and making the transition, I would tell myself that there is no shame in going to a junior college and that the classroom enviornment is very welcoming. At my high school, students were pressured to go to a four year university right out of high school and were told that it was best if that school was away from home. I would also tell myself that the classes are very interesting, that I would already know many people in those classes, that the transition wouldn't be as hard as I thought it would be, and that on top of all of this I would still get good grades and have a great college experience. I would also point out that my time at a four year university (especially in this time of decreased class offerings) would be made easier by having all of my general education classes already done, and that I would save a huge amount of money. This is what I would say if I could go back.

There is nothing really bad about Sierra College, but the one thing that could be better would be school spirit. The only people who really go to the games or participate at Homecoming are the players, the cheerleaders and their friends and family.

Randi

In most of my classes, the students usually are fully interested in the subject and they often are very communicative in the classroom.

I would tell myself that I need to make sure to not only use the time in the classroom wisely, but I also need to take time outside of the classroom to study. I must study beyond what the professor's have discussed during class and to set up meetings with my professors to discuss what I should study more in depth. I would also tell myself that there are many resources when I'm in need of assistance, so don't be afraid to use them!

The type of person that should attend Sierra should be a hard working student who is looking to acheive a goal successfully. There are many different educational routes that a person could take while attending Sierra. Therefore a person could attend if they have a specific goal in mind or if they need to search through the many different classes to find what catches their attention best.

Sierra College is a gorgeous campus, full of greenery and foilage with the spaciousness that allows one to take a deep breath and really soak in the welcoming atmosphere.

The students at Sierra College are a highly diversified group of eager learners with representatives from every age group, ethnicity, and culture.

I would have much to say to my highschool self if ever given the opportunity to do so. I would, first and foremost, warn myself about the importance of deadlines and good work ethic. Applications must be turned in at least on time, if not as early as possible before the deadline. I would tell myself not to hesitate to go see a counselor about possible academic pathways, and remind myself that an academic counselor can mean the difference between a goal reached and a goal unfulfilled. I would work to encourage myself, and to reinforce my ambitions. I would remind myself that many people are not 100% sure of what they want to do when they graduate highschool, but that immersing myself in an academic atmosphere and trying different things will greatly help to make up my mind regarding my future career. Lastly, I would warn myself against the dangers of taking time off between highschool and college, as many people who do so never return to the college track.

Kimberly

In college, there are a so many different types of people raging in age, race, and views on topics. It is intersting to hear so many different views from so many different people.

Dear Kim as a High School Senior, I know your last year of high school was a fun filled year with little stress and little work. However, get ready for 4 years of long study hours and working hard to keep that GPA up. When you get into college you realize how important taking the time to really study is. You realize how important it is to read ahead in your textbook and to always pay close attention in class. You learn to study at every break you have and don't take any time for granted. Start building these habits and ideas into your life now as a high school senior. It will make that transition into college so much eaiser. Save every penny you can. College is expensive and you really don't realize the vaule of a dollar until you see your bank account at zero. Work harder than you ever had, that work will pay off with scholarships someday. College is tough but if you stick it out and do your best you will reach the end of that long road ahead. Sincerly, Kim as College student

The worst thing about school is probably the extra stress. I feel that now I am paying for my education I have to get straight A's. I study harder in college than I ever had to do in High School. My High School did not prepare me for college. The college homework load and tests are much harder than High School ever was. I have to put forth my best effort all the time just to keep my A. College is a lot of work and more stress, but I know that someday it will pay off.

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.