Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

David

I believe SPSU is best known for having a very challenging program where a lot of students end up transfering to different institutions before they graduate.

David Dewald, This is yourself from ten years in the future. Turn off the television, take a step back from the people around you. Read the fountainhead by Ayn Rand starting today. You will find happiness by finding ways to create in this world with your own two hands, mind, and mouth. You can live in the dirt your entire life, or you can choose to rise torwards the sky; ten years from now you will value the dirt but prefer the sky. Learn the law, there is power there, push aside fantasy and focus on science and technology. Injustice is a reality of our world; you will know a nightmare of injustice most will never dream possible. Do not be ruled by fear. Fear is an unavoidable emotion, but your actions in the midst of that fear are what will define you as brave or cowardly. Surround yourself with order. Many people in this world float on the wind their entire life. Your happiness and peace comes most often when you are surrounded by cleanliness and order. Things dont just work out because you're innocent. You must fight with all your resources for justice to prevail. keep smiling.

I recently graduated from Athens Technical College and will begin at SPSU on the 16th of May. This question is difficult to answer because I have not begun any classes. I wish I had known the amount of scholarships available similar to this one.

Matthew

I feel that some of the higher points of SPSU are that the professors really are enthusiastic about the subject they teach; also they new buildings and student parking are in the best intersts, which I believe is the sign of a great college.

Really....nothing. I had a few friends that graduated from Southern Poly, and they were very happy with the education they had recieved. I also knew that I wanted to go to an engineering school.

William

My school is an excellent school but I believe it still has many different areas it can improve on.

Work hard because you are a genius and you have been passed the genetics to work at the Ivy League level. Your sister went to an Ivy League and finished it so that means if you work hard too and don't slack off and quit being lazy then you too can be a somebody. Don't forget that your ultimate goal in life is to make life better for the poor and homeless. Don't forget that there are thousands of innocent children in the world that are being exploited for human trafficking and prostitution. Someone has to save them and if you want to save them then you have to work hard and acquire a huge sum of money to be able to step into the dark side to reach out and save those less fortunate than you so that they can have a second chance at living a normal life like everyone else. There is so much more in store for you than this as this is just the stepping stones to saving the world and making a difference in the world but for all of this to happen you need to never give up.

The customer service to the students are not as good as they should be. They are inefficient in getting things done. For example, they took forever to process my financial aid. In addition, all the different services are located in different buildings throughout the campus when it would be a lot better if they were all in one location.

Christopher

Southern Poly is a practical school, that teaches application opposed to theory.

First I’d sit myself down and just tell myself to calm down. I'd let myself know that everything would be alright and that there is nothing to worry about. I’d tell myself that the ACT is a waste of time and to focus more on the SAT. I’d warn myself about the housing situation that he will experience his first couple of semesters, it’s going to suck. I’d inform myself that once you get to college there is no need to keep the same 8am-to-3pm schedule that you were used to in high school. I wouldn’t focus so much on explaining the importance of focusing on the books because I never had that issue. But I’d focus on the importance of scholarship hunting and I’d introduce myself to a few campus organizations. Also I’d give myself a long list of professors to avoid and I’d stress the importance of study groups. Final I’d tell myself not to be afraid of getting to know people, don’t be so cold and focused. I’ll let myself know that it’s okay to laugh with others sometimes.

If you are interested in hands on learning southern polytechnic is a great school, it is demanding but you will learn something thats very beneficial. Also another great benefit that you may not be able to find at other schools is the close relationship that may be formed between the students and the professors. With the small class sizes you can really get to know your professors.

bryan

First i gotta mention that i never made it to my senior year,i kinda took another route to the university i am at now, but i made it through alot of work and persistence. If i would be able to go back and give my self advice about college life and the transition I would first mention to myself that its great to meet new friends of different backgrounds that you will might keep for a lifetime. Another thing I would mention would be to keep your individualism and not to let any person or group to influence you unless its positive and progressive towards your future goals.

so far i consider the worst thing about my school is the class rooms with old furniture that are falling apart.

focused and enthusiastic people should attend. You need to stay focused and keep up with all your work to recieve a really good grade.

Eric

I would tell my past self to follow his instincts more and seek out some volunteer Anthropologic work in the Peruvian mountains for a year-or try GreenPeace- instead of following his then girlfriend to the state university school that she was planning on attending. I would tell him that after a year spent in a co-ed dorm tied to her hip, they would break up anyway and he would feel regret for not following his dream. He would feel lost and enter a tailspin that would eventually lead to leaving school without a Bachelor's degree. I would tell him that time is short for living a completely free life and that soon technology and mass hypnosis would chain humans to a meager life spent head down in a gadget, not thinking critically or failing to dream up creative solutions to issues that matter most. He would first disbelieve my shocking words but I would be viligant as I further encourage him to stay commited to his music studies, and perform on stage as often as could be arranged. I would say, "Eric...mediate every day on the goals you want to obtain and lead a simple life.!"

Brandon

I love my classmates. We all are helpful to one other and we constantly study together for classes.

Have fun, but make sure you get your work done at the same time. Started off college on a good note with a good GPA will set you up to have a successful next four years. At times you may feel like you want to give up and quit, but just keep on pushing forward and you'll get to where you want to be. Get to know your professors early in the semester, and make sure to keep in touch with your advisor. Doing this will ensure that you get the proper help when you need it, and may be the difference between getting an A and a B in a class.

I love how hands-on the education is here compared to schools like GA Tech. We really get to learn how to do things and be practical instead of just theoretical.

Jenifer

I would tell myself that no matter how much fun it seems to party and have a large social life that in the long run, it will be better to attend classes regularly and complete assignments on time. However, you can't just study. In order to deal with the stresses of school, you have to have some form of relaxation and fun. I would tell myself that it is okay to change your mind about your major, but if there are any doubts, change it earlier so that you won't delay your degree too much longer. I would tell myself that no matter how hard it seems that it will be worth it in the end, and that it could always be worse. But most of all, I would tell myself to learn to like ramen noodles, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and other cheap, quick foods because college is expensive, and the more you can save elsewhere, the easier it will be to afford it. I might even consider mentioning that it is okay not to date because of the requirements needed to make decent grades in school, and that your stress will be lower.

I wish I had known more about the area surrounding campus. It was somewhat of a culture shock for me when I moved here.

Someone who cannot work on their own without direction should not attend this school. People who are not able to push themselves to meet strict and short deadlines.

I would say, if you learn how to persevere then you'll be as good as gold. Unfortunately, you're going to have teacher's that don't care about your problems, counselors that give you bad advice, tutors that will be impatient with you, and my personal favorite, students that will steal your notes. The thing to remember is, the only person that you truly can change is yourself. Don't get discouraged when these things happen to you. Take these trials and make yourself better. Don't count on other people to make you better because they are going to disappoint you. Take whatever you have learned and make the world better through your actions. You are truly the one who is going to influence the world.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.