Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

khalid

college is a very important transition in a student's life becuase it is the stepping stone to becoming what you always wanted to be as a little kid. I would say that all the hard work and light nights staying up doing homework and studying will pay off. If i want something i have to go get it and not just stand there hoping that it will come to me. There are a lot of things out there that i can do but the most important thing is that i do something that i would love to do.

This university has a great engineering program to where it is very competitive with the top egineering school here in the state of Georgia that would be Georgia Tech. The number of students enrolled are not alot which makes it good for a better student-professor relationship where the interaction between students and professors are at a high level. The university is in a very remote area and the traffic is not too busy which makes an ideal university for students who want an easy commute to school but also want the feeling of being close to alot of businesses.

That we have a great engineering program that competes with Georgia Tech and that you actually learn not only the theoritcal aspect of the egineering and construction industry but also the technical aspect as well. I have had great professors and mentors that have inspired me to become a better student and motivated me to do the best i can. I have learned soo much from my professor where i have become confident in taking on new challeges that i might encounter in my career as well as in my personal life.

Debra

Knowing what I know now at 26, Id tell myself to prepare for life. Life and death. I never appreaciated how important it was to learn something everyday. Coming back to school after years of not learning is difficult. I would tell myself that school is life, learning is life. All the things I thought were so important were meaningless and life only gets harder after. I tell myself to listen to my father, he was your biggest supporter. Id tell myself that these are the only years you have to make him proud. Id tell myself not to drop college because he passed away the same month college would have started for me when I was 18. I would tell myself not to give up, when your going through hell keep going. Dont just do whats expected, exceed. Id tell myself that working hard makes things easier. So if I could tell my senior self what I know now at 26 Id have my Master of Arts in Education by now. I'd be prepared.

Luke

My advice would be to care more about what I studied. When I was in high school I just wanted to be finished. I didn't care about what I was studying. All I wanted was my degree. Now that I am going to college I have to pay for my school and I actually care about what I am studying, even if it has nothing to do with my major. I have found that the classes I care about the least, even if they aren't very difficult, are the classes I struggle in the most. But when I go into a class with the attitude that I want to learn and not just waist my money, not only do I do better in the class, I actually learn more. If I had cared more about what I was studying in high school then I would have an easier time today in college. I would have learned more and been more prepared my college level courses. So my advice is, even if you're not paying for it, take advantage of it, want to learn, and you will be a smarter more prepared student in the future.

Southern Polytechnic is a great school because of the teachers. The teachers really want to help their students and are always availible after class or in their offices. On top of that the class sizes are small so the teachers are able to interact with students much more than other schools.

Someone who wants smaller class rooms, who wants to be able to communicate with their teachers and not feel like they are just one student out of one hundred students in a class room. Someone who wants to be taught by a professor and not a teacher's aid.

Karick

My school is known for technology and architecture majors

My school is known for technology and architecture majors

The first thing i would tell my myself is that college is fun however college also has a higher academic standard. I would make myself aware that in order to succeed academically in college i have to improve my work ethic. I would also suggest to my high school self to start reading more. It is very common in many classes that teachers have mandatory reading assignments and it would help me complete those assignments if I already have a sense of reading on a daily basis. The most important thing I would tell myself is about time management. Knowing how to manage your time in college is critical and the more efficent I am, the better off I will be academically and socially in my college life.

The best thing about my school is the classroom sizes. We generally have a number of students no higher the 40 in a class room. This allows the teachers to actually get to know the students

Maili

I would tell myself to pay attention to every moment of high school. Value every up and down that I encounter, and write it down. There is not experience comparable to a person's senior year, and it is a shame to have trouble remembering the most important parts. I would also tell myself to value and define the true relationships I had. Those people will be with you throughout college, no matter how far away they are. Everyone else will just be acquaintences. Another important point would be to consider what you want out of life. Think about the type of person you want to be, rather than how much money you want to make. In the end, it is your character that will take you places, not the number on your bank account.

It has great engineering programs: the only mechatronics program in the south east Small school and great professors/staff: professor get to know you and help you. People that care about school. School helps you find a job/internship/co-op.

Someone that doesn't like to succeed and achive goals.

Joshua

I believe any person could attend this school and enjoy it. People that enjoy not only lerning about new technology, but also using new technology would enjoy SPSU. We have hands on learing in almost every class, and the teachers are great at helping you understand the material. If you like small classrooms and teacher interaction (not a class taught by a T.A.) then this is the place for you.

Mostly I brag about all the great technology that I am getting to use and learn about. i tell them about my programming abilities that I have gotten from SPSU and being graded for these by making a Video Game. I also tell my friends about the Game Jams that my shcool sponsers where we stay up for 48 hours and make a game for competition.

Dave

They are outgoing, understanding, and intelligent!

They are outgoing, understanding, and intelligent!

College is about learning about yourself; how fast can you understand a concept that is given to you, how you intereact in different environments, and how you can develop as a person in terms of maturity and professionally. College is the gateway to the 'real world', and it is easy to mess up if you can not adjust to the transition. Highschool prepares you for college, however, they sppon feed you most of the way. If I could go back in time to talk to myself, the biggest thing I would stress is time management. College is expensive so most students also work part-time or even full-time to pay expenses; housing, meal plans, supplies, ect. I did not think time management for college was any different than highschool, but I was wrong. In college, you have to learn the materials more on your own, not to mention how tedious lab reports, final projects, and design classes can be. College is also about having fun, so another I would say is, join as many clubs and organizations as possible. You should never go through college alone, because you never know when you'll need the help!

Southern Poly is a school where students sit in small classes of about 10-30, maybe 40, students, depending on the subject. The professor has the ability to get to know you and is more willing to work you, because of the smaller class size. Southern Poly is an engineering school with both technology and engineering degrees. This works as an advantage compared to other school because you get to experience either hands-on or theoretical teachings. Overall, if you enjoy one-on-one teaching styles, work well with your hand, think outside of the box, it's for YOU!

Erika

If you already know your major. Don't bother taking courses that doesn't correlate with your decided major. Also, you don't need to be honors or AP at everything - meaning don't overload unnecessary workload. Just do well in the courses that are required or pre-requisite for your major.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.