Geneseo, NY
SUNY College at Geneseo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Geneseo

If you are not planning on joining greek life, do not attend SUNY Geneseo. Every single dynamic on campus is dominated by greek life. That being said, if you are planning on doing greek life, be prepared for six weeks of unnecessary hazing and for frat pledges, utter hell. The school is aware of the hazing but says that it is out of their control. Countless illegal activities and various physical harrassments and assalts occur within the fraternity houses and again, the school and local police do not do much to prevent or punish these actions. While this is a problem in most schools, because Geneseo is such a small campus, it occurs more often than one would think.

Geneseo really feels like a home away from home. The campus is beautiful, the people are friendly, the academics are decent, the food is okay, on-campus housing is comfortable and usually clean, and there's lots of ways to be involved whether it's greek life, sports, or clubs.

Riley

Wonderful school. Academically stimulating but there are also a million ways to be involved that don't directly involve academics. Everyone on campus is incredibly inclusive whether its a club, sport or greek organizations. The Professors and Staff are amazing; it is very rare to find a staff member who is unqualified or offputting.

Joseph

I could not be more grateful for my time at SUNY Geneseo. At this college, thanks to the excellent and caring professors I have enhanced remarkably as a student. My abilities to write, read, and think critically are just a few skills that have seen a massive improvement during my years at Geneseo. Not only are the academics at this school wonderful, but I have had so many opportunities to get involved in the community. I am involved in the symphony orchestra, jazz ensemble, and am in a rock band with other students. All this would be impossible without the support and the encouragement from Geneseo, its professors, and its student body.

Alison

The campus is pretty. There are many conceited students. I enjoy the small town surrounding the campus. Some residence halls are better then others. The academics are as rigorous as expected. If you are not involved in clubs, sports or Greek life you can have difficulty making friends.

Adam

I believe that Geneseo is a great college for the classic introvert since many people that are in Geneseo are introverts. It's a great place for getting a good education but has a tendency to be cliquey, where if you aren't in a fraternity/sorority, you aren't cool.

My first impression of Geneseo was fields: lots and lots of fields. My family and I had driven over from Buffalo, taking the back way. Which, of course, led us through miles upon miles of expansive farmland. It was gorgeous, but there was a sense of monotony and boredom: is this what Geneseo would be like? I didn't set my expectations too high. After all, I had already been on countless college tours-- luckily, this would be the last, I thought. How correct I was about that statement. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with the scenic views of the Genesee Valley, the old-school mixed with the perfect amount of modern architecture, adorable college-town, and the welcoming community. Everywhere I went I saw people smiling and laughing. People were studying, others playing frisbee. Some were simply sitting and enjoying the view of the valley from the famous Geneseo gazebo. What did they have in common? They all seemed remarkably happy here. By the end of my tour, I decided I would apply early-decision here, and it was a decision I have not regretted for an instant. Geneseo is the ideal blend of rigorous academics that will challenge you and an engaged and welcoming community. Everyone at Geneseo has a certain drive to succeed, and is reflected in everything they do, from studying late nights to collaborating with excellent professors in field studies and projects. The faculty is composed of top notch professors from countless fields, ready to assist you in your learning, as well as friendly and accommodating staff who are always available to answer any questions you may have. Alongside excellent faculty and staff, a welcoming community is there for any support you may need, including Mental Healthcare Facilities. The community here at Geneseo is extremely open to new experiences, and are determined to create productive change in society. At any given day, you can find students petitioning for environmental issues, raising awareness about breast cancer, or even raising money to support non-for-profit organizations. A key aspect of Geneseo is its volunteerism and eagerness to help the community. Countless clubs are designed for the sole purpose of helping others. However, that is not he extent of involvement on campus. Our community works tirelessly to make everyone feel welcome, and one way we do this is by offering a wide variety of clubs for all interests. Ranging from cultural clubs to performance clubs, Geneseo has something for everyone. A main goal here at Geneseo is to help students reach their full potential. As such, Geneseo has countless programs and opportunities to help students do just that. Whether you wish to pursue an internship, study abroad, learn something you may not have otherwise pursued, or become a leader, Geneseo offers a wide variety of programs to help you achieve what you want to achieve. One of their unique program is the GOLD program, a leadership-program unique to Geneseo that is designed to turn students into leaders in their community through a series of workshops and certificates. An incredible opportunity that gives students the chance to become more involved on campus while simultaneously teaching them the skills needed to become a leader. Alongside the wonderful community and opportunities Geneseo provides, a wonderful town is always there for enjoyment. Complete with countless stores and restaurants, the Town of Geneseo is a scenic and historic place where you will find countless activities. From bowling to movies, or simply relaxing in a park, Geneseo has it all. With its scenic location overlooking the Genesee Valley and its renowned sunsets, Geneseo is truly a sight to see. Geneseo is truly a wonderful place, that has helped me grow not only s a student but as a person. I have made so many incredible memories and friends in the short time I have attended here, and look forward to my time here in the future. I love SUNY Geneseo!

Cindy

Geneseo is a very small campus in a rural area. There really is not much here unless you drive up to Rochester. Geneseo is known to be pretty competitive and in my opinion, classes are kind of hard. Professors are usually there to help you during their office hours or through email. There are also tutors that can help you in different subjects. Because the campus is small, you'll meet a lot of people, such as in class, clubs, or in your residence halls.

Azulmar

It's an amazing school with great educational opportunities and a thriving student life.

Edwar

it's a difficult university but one that will help you grow and prosper if you actively participate​

SUNY College at Geneseo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.