Stephenville, TX
Tarleton State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tarleton State University

Brett

Anyone who wants the "college experience" at a place that offers many majors that can only be found otherwise in tiny private colleges or overly expensive campuses.

I brag about how new all the structures around campus are, and how young the music program is.

Candice

Tarleton is an awesome school. It is small which means that you get more attention from the teachers. The history of Tarleton is pretty interesting and every chance Tarleton gets they make sure to include a little bit of our history and connect it with present day life. It's also a very friendly enviroment everyone knows everyone and it is easy to get around.

Prepare yourself for homesickness! It happens and it is no fun. Seniors get "senioritis" I get it but it will kick your butt when you get in college and realize you couldv'e been a few classes ahead if you would've registered for dual credit/college classes. If you do register for these classes DO NOT BLOW THEM OFF! College is expensive save yourself time and money and pass the classes! Speaking of money, SAVE IT! I don't think there is anything worse than realizing you don't have money to buy anything! Above all, have fun your senior year just not too much fun.

Worst thing about my school would have to be parking! It's a hit or miss kind of deal you either get their too early, too late, or just in time. Parking garages would be a great deal of help along with our parking lots.

Macayla

Smaller college runs about 13,000 students. It is in a small town, which gives it a fun and calm environment. Very welcoming and offers a lot of transitioning activities. It feels like a big family.

Friendly, majority of them are small town country folk. Usually very polite, and willing to help with anything.

The wiser choice would be to tell my high school self to actually study, do my work, and care more about my grade so i could get in to the schools I wanted. In high school I didn't care about any of that, the teachers just passed me on not really caring since I didn't care. To be honest that was my wake up call, I dissapointed myself by not doing everything I was capable of academically. So I would tell my high school self nothing, because learning from my mistakes opened up a new chapter in my life. It lead me to push myself so I wasnt the me I was in highschool. Which resulted in a high GPA and being on the Deans List all semesters i have been in college. So I would tell my high school self to enjoy life and learn from mistakes.

Baylor

My best friends. We hang out, have fun, and do homework all the time.

My best friends. We hang out, have fun, and do homework all the time.

Get an off campus living place as soon as possible and get an on campus job as soon as possible

A person who wants a free ride, should not go here.

Sophia

Tarleton State University is a tradition-filled, friendly, school that offers a great education for a relatively affordable price.

Tarleton State University is best known for being far more affordable than other universities.

Dear High School Self, I know you won't make it to senior year. You'll make the decision to drop out hardly into your junior year, so you can work and then start college early. I'm not writing to change your mind; I'm writing to tell you that it is the BEST decision you'll have made for years. College is not easy, but that is irrelevant because you are so much stronger than you realize. Keep moving forward, and don't forget that love is the key to literally everything: your social life, your education, your family. Keep doing your best, and your best will get you everywhere you want to be. Good luck (even though you don't need it when you work as hard as you do), College Self

Tiffany

I would tell myself to try not to be shy because it is important to make friends in college. They could be friends to last a lifetime. I would tell myself how important it is to keep an open mind and try things you never have before because college is all about learning what the real world is like outside of highschool.

I wish I would have known how important it is to get involved in student activities and be a well rounded student both for the college experience and for future careers.

Tarleton is a small school. Many of the students here a from rural areas. If you like a country way of life this it the college to attend. It have a very good agricultural and nursing program with mostly small classes.

Tuan

I should have told myself to spend more time looking for scholarships before moving to college. I should have tooken more time to fullen gather my knowledge with the college environment so I can have familiar myself somewhat before rooting myself here. I would tell myself that there's really nothing to worry about, and definitely go to class everyday because just missing one day could mean you miss some really important information that you needed to hear.

Any person who wants to focus their school work in a calm, relaxed evironment where everybody is nice and friendly to each other. Anybody who wants to be able to focus on their school work, but who also still want to be able to have a social life with the people around them should attend Tarleton. Honestly, this place is for everybody because it is diversified in people's background, and everybody has respect for everybody else.

Though Tarleton can be great for just about anybody, it's still based in a small town in the country. There's a lot of open space. It may not be for some people; especially people who are more urbanized. This is a great evironment for anyone who likes a calm, relaxed environment. For the people who are more city based, they won't find this place very satisfactory.

sidney

Tarleton State University is best known for its traditions. From the midnight purple pancakes, to the bonfire, to the silver bugle hunt, Tarleton has traditions like no other that bring together its students to bond and strengthen our love for this school.

Don't stress about what is going to happen when you go to college. Don't stress over who your roommate will be, if you will get a good or bad professor, or if it's going to be the right school for you. Worry about all of that when you get there. Make the best of your senior year and participate in every event because you only graduate from high school once. Spend lots of time with your friends and make good bonds with some of your teachers. Once everyone leaves for college, you won't be able to see your high school friends and everyone will be going their separate ways. Those teachers you make good relationships with, might be the ones you need for recommendations for resumes and job applications. Lastly, spend as much time as you can with your family. They're the ones that love you and want to see you succeed in college. You're their baby, and it will be hard on them to see you start the next chapter of your life. Without them, do you think you would have made it this far? Show them some appreciation and love them back.

Tarleton State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.