Stephenville, TX
Tarleton State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tarleton State University

Shawnte

I would tell my 17 year old self to be wise about future decisions that I make. Also to be true to myself and work hard for what I want in life because nothing will come easy. As well as good things come to those who wait and take the time to enjoy life while I'm young!

The friendliness of the students and staff!

How small it is and how boring it can get at times!

nicole

A very friendly, and loving family atmosphere and place.

A very friendly, and loving family atmosphere and place.

The advice that I would give myself would be to not stress as much. In our lives we stress and worry about everything imaginable. We worry from little things like worrying about what to wear to prom, to bigger more important things like world hunger. Our world will never stop worrying and being frantic over things and making sure that it all runs smoothly. If I knew now what I knew back then, I would be less stressed. Alot of us would be if we knew how our future would turn out. I have also grown closer to God over these few years since my high school life. Knowing then that I would be this close to such a loving Father and having a strong faith in Him, would probably changed my way of thinking for the better. I would of known to learn to just have faith and to trust in Him that everything would be okay in the future. Just to know that college is not as scary as people make it out to be, I have made so many friends this past two semesters that it is a blessing.

The worst thing I would have to say about my college is the roads, and the housing department. The roads need terrible fixing and the school as plenty of money to fix them, they just choose to use the money for other things. Also, the housing department is very unorganized and is frustrating at times. The dorms and apartments on campus that we live in are very nice, most of them are. The only issue is the way housing handles things.

Jordan

If I could speak to my self during my senior year of highschool I would tell myself to not worry what people think. Now that I've experienced a bit more of the world I have realized that there will always be people who don't approve and will find an excuse to exclude you. I would tell myself to get more involved and have fun reguardless of its social status. I would also remind myself to appreciate my family. Nothing makes you miss your mommy more leaving to live on your own. I'd tell myself not to gripe too much about hauling my sister to cheer practice or making dinner because someday I would find I miss her company and want nothing more than a stove to cook on. Finally, I would tell myself not to put too much pressure on myself to be perfect. There will be bad hair days, B's, and missed alarms. It is the days that you don't need an alarm to wake you and you don't care that your hair is a mess because you are so overjoyed to be able to get up and earn that B that counts.

Someone looking for a smaller, personal school. MUST BE SPIRITED, we bleed purple here and have lots of fun school spirit activities. The focus is on agriculture, teaching and nursing, but there are lots of programs and the faculty are here to help you succede. Because of the great teacher and nursing programs girls outnumber boys three to one... guys are WELCOMED! There are so many traditions here, and the faculty are mostly Tarleton graduates so it is a lot of fun. If you are from a small town, or you want to be, you'll fit right in.

The small classes are great! Each teacher really cares if individuals succede and are there to support you. Most of the professors are former Tarleton students and support the traditions and cellebrations. Our traditions are also great. We are known for the "Purple Poo," a secret spirit organization that host various traditions and show up when you don't expect them. They are covered from head-to-toe and use voice changers so no one can identify them. . Our Texan rider, Oscar P. (the founder's pet duck), and the plowboys are all iconic spirit participants.

Hunter

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college life and making the transition, I would explain that time management is very important. I would explain the importance of setting specific time aside every day to study the things that I had learned so that when a test came around, I would not have to cram the night before and be sleep deprived. I would also stress the need for sleep. Without getting enough sleep every night, you cannot fully apply yourself in your classes. It is hard to focus when you stay up all night with your friends. You can put time aside on the weekends to go out and have fun with all of your friends. You should set your week up for your studies. That way, your grades will reflect your hard work for future reasons when being interviewed for jobs after graduation.

I wish I would have known more about the campus layout before I came to this school. It was kind of confusing when I got here to begin my first semester.

I would have to say that the worst thing about this school is the parking. There are way too many people parking here and never seem to have enough parking without being a long way away from your dorm. There needs to be more parking lots that are more accessible to students that live in the dorm.

Alma

I would advise myself to prioritize all my activities, reminding myself that even though sports and academic extracurricular activities are important, applying to college is even more important. I would tell myself “Young lady, you better start applying for those scholarships and all the financial aid you can get!” It’s such a big realization now; I would literally force my high school senior body to do all those things first. I would also tell myself to get prepared for the overload of soon to come college assignments by studying more in high school. Last I would remind myself that I’m only a in high school once and to take all the free time to have fun before the dread adult age comes in.

TSU is very remote of any major shopping, entertainment, and dining places. To live at TSU means you will need a car to escape the hectic campus and get to your desired destination. TSU has a very big agricultural emphasis meaning all other programs and majors get very little attention. If you are looking for a school of diversity this is definitely not the school.

Anyone considering an agricultural related major should definitely consider this school as a top option.

I would recommend focusing on my studies first, and social life a distant second. It is important to find and make friends that have similar interests and education goals. Study hard and find study partners. Also, always ask your professors/instructors if you are experiencing difficulties, or have any questions regarding the course materials. Do not ever feel that you must figure things out on your own. Have fun, do not get too stressed, and take the time that you need to refocus, if you are feeling overwhelmed. You are there to get an education, and that must be the primary focus of your time at school. You must also try to include activities that you enjoy doing that are outside of studying in order to make friends and enhance your college experience. Overall, make the most of your time at college educationally and socially. Focus on good grades!

It allows me to take classes away from Stephenville, in Waco. The courses are the same, I receive the same degree(s), and am able to remain in Waco, where I live and work.

It was sometimes difficult to contact the financial offices.

Bryan

I think the most important aspect of my college experience is time management. I drive many miles just to get to work and back and when I add in the 2 trips to campus for night classes, I easily put over one thousand miles on my Corolla. Not only do I have to schedule when I can study and make appointments with doctors, but I also have to predict when I will be due for an oil change to keep the engine covered under warranty. The most valuable experience at college is attending night classes with adjunct faculty. These people work during the day and teach a class at night and don’t mind bringing in their experiences to share with everyone. Without these people bringing in their own experiences, college students wouldn’t know what to expect and wouldn’t succeed as well in the real world after graduation.

Anyone that wants to have fun and get a great education. If you want to feel lost in a crowd go to a bigger institution, nothing else.

We don't mind getting dirty. People come to class dressed appropriately and occasionally have to come in from the farm and no one cares.

The thing I've gotten out of my college experiance so far, is the amount of self confidence I have gained. I realize now that I have high standards for myself and for my education, and that I will not settle for easy classes just to get my degree easier. I like to be challenged, and I love to learn. I have realized that the "college experiance" for me does not include any participation in partying or cutting class, but rather a well rounded schedual full of hard work and commitment to my field of study.

The kind of person who should not attend this university is the kind of person looking for a structured, well rounded university. This school, I have found, is more of a party school than anything. I am trying my best to leave this university for one that takes education more seriously.

The thing I brag about most when I tell my friends about my school is my job. The university, despite it's many falws, has givin me a great job that pays better than any job I've ever had.

Corby

The campus, although agricultural based, has a wide variety of degrees plans.

The campus, although agricultural based, has a wide variety of degrees plans.

Classmates are majorily conservative but still open-minded to other's opinions.

I began studying at this school with the idea that I knew the personality of the students and the ideals the teachers had. Which, for the most part was an accurate depiction., but not 100% correct. I have met people from all parts of the country and the world, and earned friendships with proffessors and other students that have opened my mind to all new ideals and ways of thinking. I also came into the school with a set of very close friends, and will leave with an even larger number of people that I trust, and can talk to on a day to day basis. Whenever I tend to have any trouble or stress with school and working excessively, my friends I have met and the teachers who I have befriended encourage me in every way.

John

It has a beautiful campus with a smalltown feel that provides students with a feeling of oneness.

My college experience has afforded me the opportunity to embarke upon a profession that I would not have be qualified for had I not attened college.

Tarleon State University is part of the Texas A&M universty System. It has a beautiful campus with a smalltown feel that provides a big city education. TSU was one f he best experiences of my life.

Tarleton State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.