Stephenville, TX
Tarleton State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tarleton State University

Jeri

I would tell them to talk to the staff about what they think about the students because they get to see them at their best and worst. From what I have learned, the students are what make the school successful. It is very important to find the right college that fits that of the individual student. For me, Tarleton State is perfect, but for other students, it may be different. To make the best of my college experiance I got plugged into a College church group, got a job, and stayed busy and out of trouble. Alot of kids that come to college get hung up in the bar and drinking scene, so I would advise that they try to stay as focused as possible. It is hard for students to get out of the rut once they get in. To make the most out of college, a student should learn to prioritize and have a drive effort in school. That is the main key points that I can think of!!

Well this school has given me an amazing learning experiance, but the only thing that I wish I could have been made aware of is: the cost of school itself and the cost of living on and around campus. It is hard to estimate how much living really is. I recieved scholarships from my high school but they only helped the first year of school. I wish that the school could have given me kind of a heads up on how much it was really going to be.

I think that anyone can attend this school! There is cultural diversity and alot to do for everyone. Stephenville is mainly an agricultural community and there is alot to do if someone is involved with horses and rodeo, because it is ag based, the school primarily attracts Ag students. We have many other aspects but I am mainly involved in agriculture so I am kind of unaware of the other options at my school.

Keri

Their Football Team and Rodeo Team

Their Football Team and Rodeo Team

Find a place close to home. And make sure you like the environment. So be sure to visit and tour the collages before attending them. Don't bother with Junior collages if you want a four year degree. For tech. degrees their great.

Courtney

When searching for a college, you need to make sure that the academics come first. Every school has partying; some a little more than others. But you shouldn't decide on a college based on that. You need to pick one that will give you the best education for the price. And remember that you can make friends anywhere, but when college is over, it's over. Time to grow up and join the real world. It will be a lot easier to do if you have a degree from a well established university, instead of a "party school".

Their ag program, and their school spirit/traditions.

Their ag program, and their school spirit/traditions.

Visit the colleges you are thinking about, and ask students there how they enjoy it.

How friendly people are. You just feel at home and welcome at this school.

Matthew

Someone once told me that it doesn't matter where you go to college, they teach the same things everywhere. While parts of that may be true, I can't agree with the entire statement. The college experience should be about gaining knowledge for the betterment of oneself. For each person, the college experience is a truly uniquie opportunity to shape his or her own future by intensive study and research in an atmosphere created specfically for that purpose. In selecting a college, my advice is to visit potential schools and talk to as many people as possible about anything related to the university or its programs. Most schools offer a general tour of the campus, which are good for people who have never been on the grounds before. Don't settle with just this tour; try to arrange meetings with specific people who either teach in or administer programs in which you might be interested. If you can, talk to students about what they think of the school or its offerings. Get as much information ahead of time as you can, it will help, I guarantee it.

I wish I had researched more into the opportunities available as far as facilities, courses offered, and specifics about the school. I am embarassed to admit that I had not discovered the wonderful resources available in the library until the beginning of this semester (my fourth year)! There are many courses availble that can be used for upper level elective hours that may not be a requisite for any particular major. Had I known what resources were available, I might have had an ever better experience.

This school is perfect for someone who perhaps did not come from a high school program that required an extremely rigorous curriculum. The size of the campus makes faculty and facilites easy to access. While the city that the univerisity is in grows bigger ever year, the small town, good people idea of life is clearly evident. Students transitioning from smaller schools seem to get along well here.

From my own personal experience do not follow someone else to a college they want to go to. You never know what the future may bring and you'll probably will make decisions you regret. Pick a college that you think has "you" written all over it and do not settle for any less. This is a once in a lifetime experience and you need to make the most out of it! Get involved with groups and organizations (resume) and enjoy your life at this time to the full extent. It goes by faster than you think and when you reach the end and realize how much more you wish you had done, then it's just about too late to start.

The small classes give it a better student to professor ratio. Therefore, you get to know the professors more on a personal basis.

It is very country. Some of the people who go here do not really care about education, but more on making their parents happy.

I would say do your research. Make sure you really are getting quality education for your money. Consider everything when choosing where you want to be. Distance, cost, and resources are all big factors in picking a school to attend. Make sure where ever you go that you feel comfortable and that when you graduate you won't be swimming in debt. To make the most of your college experience you must get involved on campus. Find a group or club that you're interested in and become a member. Go to sports games, or become a part of Student Government. Whatever or where ever you choose, find something for you and put your all into it. What you get out of college is what you put into it.

I wish I had known that school would be so costly and that everything would keep going up more and more.

We are not a very diverse group. We are often not accepting of other less conservative views. We are placed in the Deep South and the Bible Belt, and we tend to cling to those values.

Claudia

I think that Tarleton in unique in that we have so many traditions that we love and keep up with.

I feel that one must go and try to visit whatever college or university they are planning to attend. Make friends and don't be too shy. Always keep in mind your morals and don't allow anyone to influence that way that you think and the way that you feel about your self. Get involved don't close the door on certain things just because they seem different or "weird".

I think that Tarleton in not diverse enough. Youy very seldom see people that are different ethnically.

Gayle

Before deciding on a college, visit the campus. Walk around and try to imagine yourself walking to class and being apart of that community. If you have to many doubts with the campus and you don't feel comfortable with the campus then it is probably not for you. Find out what the town itself has to offer for you. If a camp is provided, attending would be so beneficial. Not only could you make a life long friend, but it gives you a chance to learn about school tradition and the atmosphere of the school. Don't feel pressured to join an organization your first semester or year. Take time to discover what all organizations and groups the college has and what they are all about. Plus, i would suggest just getting accustom to college life and the work load before committing to a group. Be open to different ways of life and cultures, you will see lots of things! All in all, enjoy yourself get to know people (get out of your shell). This is your opportunity to be who you want to be and to discover your way in life.

The mentallity and attitude of the students is wonderful. I think the best thing though is the size. I call it the best undiscovered secret in Texas. Because of the medium-small size, you are more than just a number to the teachers. They strive to learn your name in class and recognize you around campus. The one on one experice you get with teachers helps to make you feel comfortable and to perform a the best of your ability.

I'm not just putting a generic answer, but i really can't think of anything that is bad enough to put here. I really love TSU and i'm so gald i'm a part of the school.

Tarleton State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.