Upland, IN
Taylor University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Taylor University

Lindi

I have really enjoyed my time at Taylor! The professors are great and are very genuine and intentional. Classes are challenging and I feel that they are adequately preparing me for my career. There are a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities to be involved in, no matter what your hobbies and passions are. Taylor has a great sense of community and even though we are located in a small town we find ways to have fun.

Matthew

I can't imagine a college environment that I would prefer over that of Taylor University's. Taylor has easily become my home that I will desperately miss over the summer. Here, most everyone is willing to have meaningful conversation as well as do crazy things around campus. It's a ton of fun and wouldn't trade my time here for anything!

Lakeisha

Overall the professors really care about their students and encourage them to think critically about their beliefs and current events that may be going on. There's a lot to do on and off campus for being in a small town. The faculty encourages students to get involved in the community and to not stay in the Private Christian University.

Makayla

This is a great environment to learn how to live your life as a Christian and how to apply this lifestyle in a professional working environment. We are encouraged to explore who God created us to be and become our true selves with many friends and mentors who are always willing to listen and embark on this journey with you.

Joyce

Generally, everyone is here to thrive. The outliers are those who are not. Many of the students are leaders, whether or not they have titles. On my wing alone, at least half were high school valedictorians. People smile at each other when they pass, even if they don't know each other. The majority of people go to chapel even though it's not required. The majority of people are self-driven and want to be better people. It is not hard to find people who are intentional about relationships with others, God, and themselves. It is hard to find a sour person or to never be asked how you're doing at Taylor.

Tori

We are very unique because, as I said earlier, we are very focused on community. We have all kinds of events on campus that help bring the students together, like the Silent Night basketball game, MyGen, and more. We also do alot of activities with our floors and wings. For example, my floor, third English, has an event every year called Broomball. If you're not familiar with any of these events, you should definitely look into them.

If I could tell my high school self anything, it would be to savor high school, but be ready to make changes in college. I remember how eager I was to graduate as I neared the end of my senior year, but after that actually happened, I was terrified. I was so scared of the unknown that college would bring me. Looking back, I realize how foolish all those feelings were. I can honestly say that Taylor University is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have made friendships that I know will last a life time and I have grown in my faith and academics. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me and high school self, you should be beyond excited.

I love Taylor University because of all the great students and faculty there. We are very focused on community and everyone is very kind and welcoming. I also enjoy worshiping the Lord with my peers and professors, knowing that I have the support that I need, both spiritually and academically.

Elyse

Taylor University focuses on creating a community through education, spirituality, and residence life.

My classmates are either fiercely conservative or fairly liberal hipsters.

Don't be afraid to be yourself. You'll end up spending too much time trying to maintain a false image and miss out on some really great friendships. Get involved in the things you're interested in and don't wait until you feel like you've established yourself. There are a lot of really good experiences to be had in campus clubs and they aren't as lame as the ones in high school. Don't let anyone make you feel stupid for taking a while to pick a major. You will graduate on time, so don't just pick something to please everyone, you'll figure it out. Studying abroad is really hard, but entirely worth it.

Luke

Taylor has been named the number one Midwest University in the category Best Regional Colleges for the seventh year in a row. This shows the amazing effort that the students and faculty put into their work throughout the year. Not only is it an honor to be named for this award, but to do it seven years in a row in truly incredible.

If I were given this opportunity, I would have to tell myself many things. First of all, I would tell myself to make sure I have good relationships with the teachers that I am leaving in high school and the professors that I will be meeting when I come into Taylor University. Along with getting to know my professors, I would tell myself to make sure my efforts are at their highest when I start out in some of the classes that are required for the first semester of my freshman year. These classes can be used to start with a higher GPA which will make college a lot less stressful. Lastly, I would tell myself to get to know the upperclassmen that I live around, and that have the same major as me. This will allow me to ask questions when it comes to scheduling and the best ways to study for certain classes. If I knew these three tips going into college, I would have had an even greater time than I have had already.

Christopher

Taylor is located basically in the middle of nowhere - not within easy driving distance to any major city. But, as I stated above, they provide a plethora of activities and events on campus to provide students with a large variety of options to stay connected with other students, as well as with the small local community.

This school is very committed to not only providing an excellent education in many different fields, but also equipping each student with a solid Christian evangelical faith. They are very intentional in helping young people understand what it means to not only call oneself a Christian, but to also live out one's faith in actions, attitude, personal and professional decisions, relationships, and career goals. They provide tons of opportunities for interaction with peers and building releationships through educational, social, and spiritual activities and events. This is a great school to attend!

Carolyn

Taylor is know as the best college in the Midwest per U.S.News & World Report survey, "America's Best Colleges". Naturally we are known for acedemics because of this. Taylor is also know for its vibereant intentional community. As far as athletics go, we are probably best know for Silent Night.

My advice for myself as a senior in highschool would be to remember that there is more to life than school. Throughout highschool studying was my life because I really enjoy it. Through college I have begun to see the importance of developing friendships with classmates. There is so much one can learn from those around one if you reach out and start the conversation. Being shy isn't an excuse. Chances are some of the people surrounding you are shy as well. Being willing to step out of your confort zone is really important to developing the ability to take advantage of the many oppurtunities that present themselves at college.

Taylor is a Christian school, so students should expect to have faith intergrated into the classroom. Students should be willing to be challenged acedemically, but ready to have a ton of fun at the same time :)

Taylor University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.