Taylor University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Taylor University

Lindi

I have really enjoyed my time at Taylor! The professors are great and are very genuine and intentional. Classes are challenging and I feel that they are adequately preparing me for my career. There are a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities to be involved in, no matter what your hobbies and passions are. Taylor has a great sense of community and even though we are located in a small town we find ways to have fun.

Lakeisha

Overall the professors really care about their students and encourage them to think critically about their beliefs and current events that may be going on. There's a lot to do on and off campus for being in a small town. The faculty encourages students to get involved in the community and to not stay in the Private Christian University.

TU is a very unique school. It has its ups and downs, but it is not for everyone. Since the school is located in Upland, Indiana (in the middle of nowhere), there is not much to do in the area. Also, there is a great amount of stereotyping at this school that is very hard to avoid.

Makayla

This is a great environment to learn how to live your life as a Christian and how to apply this lifestyle in a professional working environment. We are encouraged to explore who God created us to be and become our true selves with many friends and mentors who are always willing to listen and embark on this journey with you.

Hollie

I think taylor is a great place to grow and learn make lifetime friends and live in a,community. I firmally belive that Taylor is a great next step after graduating. For me Taylor has always been my top college and then I visited the campus and knew that's were I needed to be because it is such an amazing college.

Matthew

I can't imagine a college environment that I would prefer over that of Taylor University's. Taylor has easily become my home that I will desperately miss over the summer. Here, most everyone is willing to have meaningful conversation as well as do crazy things around campus. It's a ton of fun and wouldn't trade my time here for anything!

Hanna

Taylor is an amazing college to attend. It is the perfect size where you do not know everyone, but wherever you go, there is always one person you do know. Another aspect that drew me to Taylor is the spiritual component of every class. Most classes begin with a teacher or student leading a prayer or devotion. I am living in English Hall and the dorms are amazing. we have a suite-style living area and it is great for forming a community. There is plenty of room for visitors in our living area and Friday and Saturday nights are a blast when everyone wants to relax together with friends. I have made so many new friends this way in my first two months.

Madelyn

I love Taylor University. The professors are always available and engaging in class. The community on campus is incredible and there are so many clubs to join. There is not much to do around campus, so we have a lot of crazy and fun traditions. My classes for my major are so helpful in preparing for my career and my college adviser is dedicated to getting me internships and jobs after college.

Chelsea

I like Taylor University, when I visited the people there were really welcoming. I like that Taylor University is a Christian University where they have many extracurricular activities where I can get involved in my community, and this University has so many majors to choose from.

Abby

I love it and that's why I'm moving from "a visitor" to "a current student" this fall. Taylor is an absolutely wonderful school in many areas, but the reason that I chose it is its community. Even though I've only been on campus three times, I've always felt like I belonged. Nearly everyone was welcoming and kind to me, and even offered to pray for me.

I love this school with all my heart. People might complain because we are in the middle of nowhere, but honestly, I think that brings the students together. We have crazy traditions and genuinely care for each other. We invest in each other's lives. The friendships I've made here will last a lifetime.

I am only a freshman, and I love it so much at Taylor. My grandma graduated from there in 1958 and learned about their culture and different things about the school through her. Really great school! The only issue I have is the pricing of the school. It is nearly 46 thousand dollars A YEAR for school.

Shannon

For people who want to dig deeper in their faith, definitely the place for me. I found my best friends and husband here. I believe this place is life changing because of the great mentors you meet and people by your side. This place will always be special to me.

Overall I love Taylor University. The student life is a very involved community that creates a special place to live, learn and grow. Campus traditions are a huge part of student life that bring everyone together with a sense of school pride. Professors at Taylor truly care about the success of their students, and the smaller class sizes allow for a personal student-prof relationship that fosters academic success and spiritual growth.

Overall, I enjoy Taylor University and the opportunities it has given me. I have found great spiritual, relational, and educational success throughout my time here, and I know I will continue to grow as time goes on. Some educational departments are stronger than others, but the community here is something very special which to me was more important than the national rank of the university. I appreciate my professors and their personal motivation to help students even when they are off the clock. I also love how invested they are (usually) in our individual lives as well. They truly want to get to know their students which is encouraging for me and makes me more motivated to do well in class.

Maggie

It's a good school, that focuses on Christ. Some of the facilities could use some upgrading, but overall it is pretty nice. The people are super nice and intentional community is a big focus on campus. The professors are good at theirs jobs, and care about the students.

Lyndsey

I think my university is a great school. It is a clean, close, and safe environment. It is a Christian school so it an alcohol-free campus. We never get broad because the school provides events to do and to help meet new people all the time. So I believe that Taylor University is a great school were you can get not only a well-rounded education but a life worth living with sports, events, jobs, and free time with friends. That is why Taylor University is a great school, but I just wish it did not cost so much to go there.