Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Mary

Compared to the other schools that I was considering to go to this school had the best program for my major. The University of Findlay allows Pre- Vet students to work with animals and be able to treat them.

I would tell myself to take my homework and studying seriously. I would also tell myself to be confident in myself and be be more open minded.

University of Findlay is a great school for anyone that is thinking of going into Equestrian or Pre- Vet major. Also the university has a great Pharmacy program too. University of Findlay is in a medium city that has small mall and so this campus would be for someone that doesn?t really care about shopping and going to a lot of different places to hang out with friends. A person can go here if they like a medium size campus and can have different sizes of classes.

My advice would be to have a good balance between the different parts of your life.

The thing that I wish I knew before I started college is what the professors expect from their students.

A person who is ready to experience most of the things that are involved with their carrer choice.

Patrick

I recommend to "go with your gut instinct". Don't let someone else make the decision for you. If the only reason for looking at a college is because you think it will be the safest bet or because your parents want you to go there, then do not look at it for another moment. Life is never safe, and doing what your parents think is best for you only because you might be afraid of the consequences of not following the "beaten, or well known path" is never rewarding. Find the school that best matches yourself! Look at the campus. Do you seee yourself wlaking down the hallways every day for at least the next four years? Pay attention to the current students as they walk by. Do they seem happy or satisfied? Look at the extra curriculars and school organizations. Many times friends are made through these outlets, so make sure you can find at least a couple of groups that you can see youself joining. Last and most important, figure out if the college has your intended major, or at least some interesting majors if you are undecided once you start your college career.

I brag about the College of Pharmacy since I am a pharmacy student. Sixty students every year, including myself, are accepted into the profesional program right after high school as long as a 3.0 GPA is mainatined. This means that there is no competition between other pre-pharmacy students for a spot in the professsional program. An extra application, essay and interview were required to be considered for acceptance into the program. The university also has nationally known equestrian, pre-vet and physical therapy programs. Findlay tries keep up with in demand careers.

Logan

The primary thing that I would advise parents or students when selecting a college is do your research. Take into account every aspect of the college including costs, living arrangements, work opportunities, professors, class sizes, scholarships, grants, location, security, curriculum, and campus/community activities. To find this essential information the students or parents should look at the schools website, look at information provided by the school like brochures, take campus visits and tours, and talk to faculty and students.

I wish I would have known to get an internship as soon as possible, because I passed up an opportunity freshman year.

The worst thing about my school would be that it is a private school so it has high tuition costs.

Very student friendly, academically based university.

Very student friendly, academically based university.

The most important part about choosing a college/university is making sure it's where you want to be. If you feel like you won't fit in or won't get the most for your money, don't attend that college/university. It's crucial that you feel comfortable where you're going to school. Check out the campus life and make sure you get involved. Make new friends as much as you can, but stay academically focused. This is your future! Have fun making it, and do what you want with it!

Jessi

My advice is to check out the campus and housing, as well as the surrounding area to know what is available on and off campus for you. You should make sure that the school is about what your goals are and that there are things for you to do that you are interested in. The curriculum should be geared toward what your goals and ideas are, but the surrounding area on and off campus mean alot to. Make sure that there are things for you to do that you enjoy in your spare time and have some fun together with the new friends you will make!

I think the best thing about my school is the people here are all very friendly and helpful, I have made alot of friends from all over the country and am having alot of fun!

I wish I would have known it is hard to get an off-campus part-time job to help out with my finances.

Zach

Findlay is best known for the equestionian program. They are known nation wide for this program they complete at a very high level and have a very good program in this field.

My advice for anyone who is trying to figure out the right college for them would first be figure out what you want to major in and then base your college mostly off that. There are always going to be other intangables that will alter what college you want to go into, but your only going to attend that college for two to five years. Your major or future job your going to have to deal with for your entire life. So find a college that is going to best prepare you for your future job, get you a job after you graduate, and be willing to help you out along the way. I got lucky enough to find a college that is willing to do those three things and beyond and I hope you have the same.

I would have to say I brag most about the education department at Findlay. They are very helpful and willing to help their students no matter what. I tell them how their are around twenty teachers and they are have different parts of the field they specialize in. They make sure you get the most out of your education. I think this helps because one day you are going to be teaching students just like we was when we was in high school and elementry school and they want the best education for them.

Tracey

the pre veterinary program they had.

the pre veterinary program they had.

Parents and students need to be able to choose a place best for the student. Weather this means acidemically or socialiy or noteriety, students need to feel comfortable in the place they choose. If they are not comfortable, it will not be a good choice as the experience gained will not be as much as it could be at a diffferent school. Parents need to be flexible with their children in helping them decide where to go to. After all, it is the student's decision in the end. However, the student should be aware of financial budget so as to not become in debt in the future.

the maturity level of the students is rather low.

Amy

Go visit your college before you make any decision about where to go. And once you get there if you are unhappy, leave. College should be the best time of your life, do not stay becuase you think you are obligated to.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.