Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Lindsay

It is a warm, welcoming, healthy learning environment.

It is a warm, welcoming, healthy learning environment.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would teach myself how to study. It wasn't hard for me to make friends in a new place and it wasn't hard for me to live "on my own" either. I had a hard time my first semester at the University of Findlay because I had never had to study before. I was one of those kids that stuff just came to easily, I rarely had to study and could just take notes in class and get A's in my classes. I believe that the key to being a success in college is knowing how to study and knowing that you want to graduate and become what you've always dreamed of becoming; for me it is a veterinarian. Without being told by my advisor, I may have never realized that the reason I was stuggling was because I wasn't studying enough.

I wish I would have known how much tuition goes up each year. This is quite an expensive school and the tuition only gets higher each year!

Ken'Tiara

The advice that I would give myself is not to attend the first college that I attended because the college did not teach me what I needed to learn. I, also would tell myself to learn to be more organized about all my work from then until college becuase a lot can change not just wth my study habits but with the way I will be learning. Another thing that I would tell myself is to help myself first before trying to help someone else because it will turn around and hurt you afterwards. Too, that college is not just about partying or even making new friends but it is about learning and getting all that you need to learn about the career that you wish to succeed in.

A person who likes to party and thinks that college is a joke its the type of person that should not attend this college. The reason being is because this college is one of the colleges that I can say is really trying to teach you what you need to know in your field of studies.

I have not came across any frustations from my college that I am attending.

Bethany

My classmates are excited to learn about their future profession and are very supportive of one another as well as generally cheerful and encouraging.

Dear Bethany, Please understand that this time of you life is meant to be a growth period. You are in the right profession and you are going to love it. You are going to make wonderful friends, but not everyone on campus will accept you and that is perfectly ok. Your identity is priceless. Do not worry about the small things, somehow they usually seem to take their own course . Do not be embaressed to ask others what they think or why they think that way; it will challenge them to look further. You can never do enough to help out other international students . They are loyal friends and fun company. Your teacher are going to investin you and support you. You are not alone in your struggles. Remeber to rest along with all the activites that I know that you will want to get involved in. You can not give your best if your body and your heart are exhusted. Know that you are never alone. With blessings, Future Bethany Parkhurst

I wish I would have known that it is to my benefit to be who I am and not the image of what I thought would be smart to become.

Joseph

Branch out. Get to know as many people as you can. If you sit back and watch the world go by, you will be wishing you hadn't later on in life. It is never a sin to be a nice person. Be kind to everyone you meet and respect yourself and all other people. If you give respect, you will get it right back in return. If you get respect, be humble, do not gloat, simply take it as a nice gesture. Remember, nobody had to give you that respect, you had to earn it. Communicate your feelings and emotions as clear as you can. Good communication is always key to success. Keep your ears open and just as importantly, keep your mind open. You never know when you will need somebody to help you out in the end. Be courteous. Always help others, not only when there is money or compensation involved. It IS ok to do nice things, just to do them. And most importantly, never forget who you are or where you came from. Nobody is ever better than anyone else. We are all equal and should be treated that way.

I would tell myself that this is the last year of high school and my grades and SAT score are top priority. If I could obtain a GPA of 3.7 I could receive a scholarship for $14,000 and this would be very helpful with succeeding. I would also remind myself that I have lettered varsity fastpitch softball since my freshman year and could also receive a scholarship for playing softball for the University of Findlay. Also, once my Bachelor's degree and CPA have been achieved my future will be bright and full of wealth.

I wish I had known at the beginning of my college career that I was going to transfer to the University of Findlay from Owens Community College so that I would have taken all of the transferrable classes; this would have saved me a lot of time and money. I also would have like to know at the beginning of college that attending a full-time status helps me obtain more grants and scholarships, thus making getting an education more feasible.

I am transferring to the University of Findlay next semester so I cannot really say what the worse thing about the college is, but what I hate about any new workplace or school is getting to know the campus and my way around. It will be difficult at first to avoid getting lost, but anything is achievable.

Mary

Compared to the other schools that I was considering to go to this school had the best program for my major. The University of Findlay allows Pre- Vet students to work with animals and be able to treat them.

I would tell myself to take my homework and studying seriously. I would also tell myself to be confident in myself and be be more open minded.

University of Findlay is a great school for anyone that is thinking of going into Equestrian or Pre- Vet major. Also the university has a great Pharmacy program too. University of Findlay is in a medium city that has small mall and so this campus would be for someone that doesn?t really care about shopping and going to a lot of different places to hang out with friends. A person can go here if they like a medium size campus and can have different sizes of classes.

My advice would be to have a good balance between the different parts of your life.

The thing that I wish I knew before I started college is what the professors expect from their students.

A person who is ready to experience most of the things that are involved with their carrer choice.

Patrick

I recommend to "go with your gut instinct". Don't let someone else make the decision for you. If the only reason for looking at a college is because you think it will be the safest bet or because your parents want you to go there, then do not look at it for another moment. Life is never safe, and doing what your parents think is best for you only because you might be afraid of the consequences of not following the "beaten, or well known path" is never rewarding. Find the school that best matches yourself! Look at the campus. Do you seee yourself wlaking down the hallways every day for at least the next four years? Pay attention to the current students as they walk by. Do they seem happy or satisfied? Look at the extra curriculars and school organizations. Many times friends are made through these outlets, so make sure you can find at least a couple of groups that you can see youself joining. Last and most important, figure out if the college has your intended major, or at least some interesting majors if you are undecided once you start your college career.

I brag about the College of Pharmacy since I am a pharmacy student. Sixty students every year, including myself, are accepted into the profesional program right after high school as long as a 3.0 GPA is mainatined. This means that there is no competition between other pre-pharmacy students for a spot in the professsional program. An extra application, essay and interview were required to be considered for acceptance into the program. The university also has nationally known equestrian, pre-vet and physical therapy programs. Findlay tries keep up with in demand careers.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.