Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Erin
Great! If..

Great! If..

I love the University of Findlay, but I'll admit I'm disillusioned with some parts. There are a few departments that have not wowed me. I adore all the professors within my department, but the housing office and financial aid office are also not always very accommodating either. The school would be amazing for the programs it's known for: pre-vet, equestrian, PT and OT. It's a good school, but I would just make sure that the housing and financial aid department is very clear with you from the start. Don't let them push you around.

Dajuana

None, School has a diverse make up of students who compliment one another.

None, School has a diverse make up of students who compliment one another.

Charasmatic, Friendly, Diverse, Intellictual!

Jackie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to work even harder in college. Don't get behind on your readings for classes and study even more than you think you should. But more importantly, be more outgoing. Get involved in more clubs, talk to more people and don't limit yourself to a group of people that you don't even know if you'll be friends with after freshman year. Keep yourself focused on your passion, the reason why you're going to college in the first place. Keep volunteering with people with disabilities because they'll be your entire world throughout college. But the best advice I could give myself is to just be happy, work hard, and have a great time!

Someone who doesn't like small schools.

My classmates i would consider as my family. I know they will always be there for me and I for them.

It does not matter what a school costs as far as tuition goes. You need to fallow your instincts and go to a school you fit into and not let people talk you out of it.

I wish I would have known what I wanted to do with the rest of my life sooner so I could have attended the college right after high school.

Tyler

In high school, I didn't understand the importance of taking as many classes for college dual credit as possibile. Not only are these classes cheaper in high school, but they better prepare you for the college environment. Classes in college are bigger, with less student-teacher interaction. Had I known then, I would have enrolled in as many college dual credit classes as possible in order to get some electives and even major classes out of the way before reaching college. That would jumpstart me directly into my major instead of taking the required general education courses. I could start college studying for the career I would like later in life. In addition, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. College is expensive. Not only must you pay for tuition, food and books, but also day-to-day living expenses. These could include rent, utilities, gasoline, course fees, etc. Therefore I would apply for all available scholarships and even save money from my job in order to provide myself with a suffiencient starting amount.

Madalyn

I think The University of Findlay is known for its Animal Science program. There are different tracks such as the Pre-Vet track and the Equestrian track within the Animal Science degree.

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would encourage my past self to do better in Physics, Anatomy and College English. These three classes my senior year have helped me tremendously in college. I complained a lot when I was taking these courses, but I am forever thankful I took advantage of my resources. I would also tell myself to complete as many scholarships as possible. I knew it was important but, I wish I would have searched for more that applied to my degree. The last piece of advice I would give myself would include shadowing. I wish I would have shadowed all of my local veterinarians and recieved as much experience as possible before starting my freshman year of college. This is very important not only for college and job applications, but for myself and to learn more.

Anybody that would like to further their education. This school has a wide variety of people and is very small and welcoming.

Kendra

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give myself advice about the college transition, I would tell myself to not hold back. I would tell myself to not doubt my talent and hard work. I would tell myself to not let others hold me back from being involved on campus. I would tell myself to be happy with who I am and to have the confidence to pursue my interests despite what others decide to do for themselves. I wish I wouldn't doubt myself, but rather go forward whole-heartedly and accept the posssibility of defeat. There are no regrets in trying.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is not going to commit themselves accademically.

I love my hands on experience working with the horses five days a week three hours a day. Not many schools can offer the amazing experience I get on a daily basis for my major. I love how shocked everyone is that I do these things that are directly related to my major on a daily basis and I just started college. I am very proud of our Western Equestrian Studies major.

If I could advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get more involved. I worked very hard in school, but I never took time to get involved whether it was in sports or school government. In college, I have learned that getting involved is both important and beneficial. It's a great way to make friends, and it looks good on applications. In high school, I always had my nose in the books. If I would have gotten involved more, it would have made my senior year ten times better. I didn't have very many friends, and I now see that getting involved makes more friendships possible. I never played any sports, and now I wish that was an experience I could have had. In high school, nobody told me to do those things. Although I can't go back to tell myself, I am always encouraging young students to get involved.

I wish I had known about all the golfcarts. The university has a lot of golfcarts for faculty members, and they are always in the way! I can't count how many times I've almost got ran over by the tiny things popping up from around the corner. They're actually not that hazardous. I just didn't expect them to turn up everywhere, and quite frankly, I get a little jealous when I see them and I'm walking in the rain with my forgotten umbrella.

All of the freebies! As we know, the University of Findlay is very expensive. Despite the high costs, I have received many things for free. There is always give aways such a t-shirts, movie tickets, and concert tickets. I currently have eleven UF shirts, and I havent paid for one of them. My friends and family always give me a hard time because I get all these free shirts, but I keep them for myself. I suppose I should stop rubbing it in their faces.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.