Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

The University of Findlay is a very diverse atmosphere.

The University of Findlay is a very diverse atmosphere.

I have grown in more than one way since High School and if I had the chance to go back and give advice to myself I would without a doubt take the opportunity. First and foremost I would say take as many college prep courses as possible and work hard to receive the best grades in all the classes. If you do not understand something ask questions until you do understand. Focus on school first and friends second. Although friends are important, planning for your future is imperative at this time. Do not worry about what others say or think of you because once you’re in college chances are they will not be around anyway. If you choose to slack off it will take you much longer to graduate college. Some may tell you that college is not a possibility for you but, do not listen. Remember you can do anything and you can be anything however, you must work hard to get there. Time is of the essence so choose to not waste one more moment.

justin

I would lie. I personally do not half the greatest study skills, but i still get A and B grades easily. If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself that I need to buckle down and go the extra mile. However, knowing myself, I would have blown this off like the others who told me that I needed to imporve my habits. Therefore, I would exaggerate the necessity of imporving my habits. I would essentially scare myself into thinig that if I did not change my habits, that i would have a horrible life. This would then make me have a reason to imporv my studies and cause me to got better grades now. It would also form the habits necesarry to keep my grades up throughout all my school years ahead of me.

The worst that I hear and see is unfotunetly the teachers. There are some teachers who are not always the greatest at teaching and definitly hurt the students's education. The phrase "passing depends on what teacher I get" is a common phrase throughout college and here is definitly no different. Thankfully not many teachers are this way, but there are enough to warrent a slight problem.

I would definitly say that I talk about the students the most. The Findlay students, no matter what year, are always friendly to everyone that comes, whether it be high schoolers on visitation days or upper classmen helping out the younger years with their course work. Everyone is kind and helpful to everyone else, making the enviroment for learning absolutely perfect for any kind of student.

Michelle

If I could go back in time and give advice to my undergraduate self, I would tell them two things: make sure to get an internship and double major! At the time I had no idea how invaluable internships are when seeking employment. Not only do they give you a skill set and experiences that can be applicable in whatever career you choose after graduation, but they also show potential employers how you handle yourself in a real world, professional setting. Internships are also a good way to test out the career you think you want before committing yourself to it. My major was something a bit esoteric, Japanese, and I really wish someone would have given me the advice to still pursue a degree in what I was interested in, but to also double major in something that would give me more skills in the working world. Being able to speak a foreign language is great, but I would be even more marketable if I had matched that with something practical such as business or accounting. These pieces of advice would have been invaluable to me, but unfortunately some things can only be learned in hindsight.

I wish I had looked more into my degree program and had made sure that there were internship opportunities for it. I also would have made sure that there were opportunities to study abroad. I don't want to say that my degree was a waste of time and money as I made some wonderful friends through it, but I could have gotten better opportunities and a more rewarding education elsewhere.

The worst thing about my school was the guidence system. My previous college spoiled me as I could choose my own courses and have an academic counselor who knew what they were doing approve it. My academic counselor at Findlay was not familiar with the requirements for my degree and as a result, I almost did not graduate on time. Planning the next semester was always an arduous task with me almost having to beg and threaten to get the classes I needed to fullfill my requirements.

Colin

There are a few things that, as a high school student, you don't realize are extremely important in transitioning into a great college student; one of which is time management. In high school, I would come home and do things that were fun to me and forget about the days work at school until around 10 o'clock in the evening. This attitude as any kind of student does not equate to a good student's attitude. In college time management is absolutely imperative to getting good grades and reducing the stress put on yourself (by allowing proper sleep, getting homework finished earlier, etc.). Another piece of advice that I would have give myself as a high schooler would have been learn to study and learn to do it often. In high school I did not have to study and in college studying is necessary. I did not know how to study going into college which meant that my first few weeks were much more hectic than they needed to be. Studying is something that needs to be done often and effectively in college and in high school I did not know how to do that.

The University of Findlay offers its students modern facilities and tremendous professors. Without a doubt, the best thing about my school would be those two things. My school provides its students some of the best and highest quality professors a university can offer. They are extremely involved in your curriculum and are concerned about your education. The University of Findlay also gives its students the latest in lab and classroom technology. These are the best things that the University of Findlay offers its students.

Students who are interested in extremely large universities and big sprawling campuses shouldn't attend the University of Findlay. The campus is small and localized and houses only around 4,000 undergraduate students. If you are someone looking for a large university in terms of campus size and student body, then the University of Findlay most likely is not your type of post-secondary institution.

Chelsea

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably give myself the advice to avoid getting sick with the awful virus known as senioritis. I would tell myself that even though I was taking fairly easy classes at my high school and community college and I knew I would get an A anyway, to not slack off and do the minimum work required. It really kills you your first sememster of college at an actual university. Also, I would tell myself to get to know my roommate better before I came to school. For example, text her more, find out her interests, and what we had in common. I would have told myself to prepare for homesickness and for separation anxiety from my dog. Finally, I would have informed myself to not be afraid of being myself as soon as I arrived, because it makes it a lot harder now.

I consider the worst thing about the University of Findlay to be that most people go home on the weekends. U of F is completely against alcohol (which I have no problem with) but a lot of people leave to go to other schools or to go home to party on the weekends. This leaves school a pretty boring place sometimes. I believe that if more people stayed things would be exceptionally different.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Findlay is that there is a considerable difference in the male to femal ratio. Because U of F is known for its outstanding Pre-Vet program, and most aspiring veterinarians are females now, there are a significant more females here, which is great for the guys, but frustrating for the girls.

Alberta

Findlay is a very diverse University and they are helpful when it comes to the admission process. The admission people are helpful in answering any questions you may have as well as helping you to find a place to stay if you dont want to stay in the Campus housing. I choose Findlay because its a private school and has small classes that enable the instructors to get to know you and also help you with any school work. Last but not the least is the atlectices field as well as the gym is one of the nicest on campus.

If I know thenlwould study harderto enable me to get a good GPA. The foundation I lay inhigh school is whats going to take me through my college academic degree. So if I were to go back I would be an advocate for high school children to be serious and dedicated to their school work for instance someone wants to go into Pharmacy. I would educate them about what classes they need to take to strengthened them before they get toPharmacy school cos its adifficilt programin the sense that they are harder cls.have also started from a private school to get a good foundation and the skills I need to help me succeed in graduate school,Knowing that one comes from a poor background I would encouraged them to learn hard to get a good GPA to enable them to get schorlarships for college. This is pertaining to people coming from third world countries and not only that but also poor background about education in the U.S. I would educate them and insist in doing programs they can get jobs in even when they return back to their home country so they can educate the less fortunate ones.

My Teachers are nice and helpfu when you are having problems with school work. Thepeopleworking in the library are also helpful in searching for any articles in the data base. They help you in looking for books outside campus in Ohio library. They have schorlarships for outstanding students who are coming in and that help alot with the tuition since its a private school and the tuition is high compared to public schools. This awards given to studentsis very helpful especially for we the Minority students since coming from a third world country is hard to pay the tuition.

Chelsea

My classmates at the University of Findlay are diverse and open minded. The professors here encourage critical thinking and acceptance of others. We have a wide range of clubs and student organizations, so every student has a group that shares their interests. We have many non english speakers and exchange students as well.

The University of Findlay is unique in that it has small classes (20 students is the average) and all of the professors are easily accessible. It also offers equestrian, animal science, and pre-veterinary medicine majors and excels in those areas. I am in the equestrian program which is one of the most intensive of its kind in the United States. We ride every day with top professionals in the equine industry. The food here is also much better than the average university!

If I could give my high school self advice, I would relay the same information that I am currently sharing with my siblings. College is a whole new world, where you will without a doubt study hard, but also make new and lifelong friends. Going to college is an opportunity that I think all Americans should take advantage of. I have grown so much not only in knowledge but as a person. College has given me opportunities to volunteer, to meet new people, to network, and to learn. During high school I couldn't imagine ever growing up, moving out of my parents' house, and essentially doing almost everything on my own. I would tell myself not to worry, that things do get better, and there are some amazing people out there that are dying to meet you. I was bullied mercilessly in high school, but college has allowed me to really show people who I am and what I can offer.

Wesleigh

My classmates are friendly and very helpful. They are hard-working individuals that succeed in their classes and are always willing to help others.

I would tell myself not to give up and to always give my hardest effort. College has been a huge transition, but it's been a lot of fun. Keep trying hard and never quit studying.

Everyone would fit in at the University of Findlay. I am in a very small major, but still feel part of the entire University.

Lena

An education that focuses on a Christian perspective, while having one of the best graduate school acceptance rates in the country.

The professors, because they care, and the network of people that are around here, connected by a common faith and a belief we are doing the right thing.

Timothy

I felt at home here. People were helpful and friendly

I felt at home here. People were helpful and friendly

Take AP classes so you do not have to take them in college.

I had visited a couple more times so I would know my way around campus a little better

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.