Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

My classmates i would consider as my family. I know they will always be there for me and I for them.

It does not matter what a school costs as far as tuition goes. You need to fallow your instincts and go to a school you fit into and not let people talk you out of it.

I wish I would have known what I wanted to do with the rest of my life sooner so I could have attended the college right after high school.

Tyler

In high school, I didn't understand the importance of taking as many classes for college dual credit as possibile. Not only are these classes cheaper in high school, but they better prepare you for the college environment. Classes in college are bigger, with less student-teacher interaction. Had I known then, I would have enrolled in as many college dual credit classes as possible in order to get some electives and even major classes out of the way before reaching college. That would jumpstart me directly into my major instead of taking the required general education courses. I could start college studying for the career I would like later in life. In addition, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. College is expensive. Not only must you pay for tuition, food and books, but also day-to-day living expenses. These could include rent, utilities, gasoline, course fees, etc. Therefore I would apply for all available scholarships and even save money from my job in order to provide myself with a suffiencient starting amount.

Madalyn

I think The University of Findlay is known for its Animal Science program. There are different tracks such as the Pre-Vet track and the Equestrian track within the Animal Science degree.

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would encourage my past self to do better in Physics, Anatomy and College English. These three classes my senior year have helped me tremendously in college. I complained a lot when I was taking these courses, but I am forever thankful I took advantage of my resources. I would also tell myself to complete as many scholarships as possible. I knew it was important but, I wish I would have searched for more that applied to my degree. The last piece of advice I would give myself would include shadowing. I wish I would have shadowed all of my local veterinarians and recieved as much experience as possible before starting my freshman year of college. This is very important not only for college and job applications, but for myself and to learn more.

Anybody that would like to further their education. This school has a wide variety of people and is very small and welcoming.

Kendra

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give myself advice about the college transition, I would tell myself to not hold back. I would tell myself to not doubt my talent and hard work. I would tell myself to not let others hold me back from being involved on campus. I would tell myself to be happy with who I am and to have the confidence to pursue my interests despite what others decide to do for themselves. I wish I wouldn't doubt myself, but rather go forward whole-heartedly and accept the posssibility of defeat. There are no regrets in trying.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is not going to commit themselves accademically.

I love my hands on experience working with the horses five days a week three hours a day. Not many schools can offer the amazing experience I get on a daily basis for my major. I love how shocked everyone is that I do these things that are directly related to my major on a daily basis and I just started college. I am very proud of our Western Equestrian Studies major.

If I could advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get more involved. I worked very hard in school, but I never took time to get involved whether it was in sports or school government. In college, I have learned that getting involved is both important and beneficial. It's a great way to make friends, and it looks good on applications. In high school, I always had my nose in the books. If I would have gotten involved more, it would have made my senior year ten times better. I didn't have very many friends, and I now see that getting involved makes more friendships possible. I never played any sports, and now I wish that was an experience I could have had. In high school, nobody told me to do those things. Although I can't go back to tell myself, I am always encouraging young students to get involved.

I wish I had known about all the golfcarts. The university has a lot of golfcarts for faculty members, and they are always in the way! I can't count how many times I've almost got ran over by the tiny things popping up from around the corner. They're actually not that hazardous. I just didn't expect them to turn up everywhere, and quite frankly, I get a little jealous when I see them and I'm walking in the rain with my forgotten umbrella.

All of the freebies! As we know, the University of Findlay is very expensive. Despite the high costs, I have received many things for free. There is always give aways such a t-shirts, movie tickets, and concert tickets. I currently have eleven UF shirts, and I havent paid for one of them. My friends and family always give me a hard time because I get all these free shirts, but I keep them for myself. I suppose I should stop rubbing it in their faces.

The University of Findlay is a very diverse atmosphere.

The University of Findlay is a very diverse atmosphere.

I have grown in more than one way since High School and if I had the chance to go back and give advice to myself I would without a doubt take the opportunity. First and foremost I would say take as many college prep courses as possible and work hard to receive the best grades in all the classes. If you do not understand something ask questions until you do understand. Focus on school first and friends second. Although friends are important, planning for your future is imperative at this time. Do not worry about what others say or think of you because once you’re in college chances are they will not be around anyway. If you choose to slack off it will take you much longer to graduate college. Some may tell you that college is not a possibility for you but, do not listen. Remember you can do anything and you can be anything however, you must work hard to get there. Time is of the essence so choose to not waste one more moment.

justin

I would lie. I personally do not half the greatest study skills, but i still get A and B grades easily. If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself that I need to buckle down and go the extra mile. However, knowing myself, I would have blown this off like the others who told me that I needed to imporve my habits. Therefore, I would exaggerate the necessity of imporving my habits. I would essentially scare myself into thinig that if I did not change my habits, that i would have a horrible life. This would then make me have a reason to imporv my studies and cause me to got better grades now. It would also form the habits necesarry to keep my grades up throughout all my school years ahead of me.

The worst that I hear and see is unfotunetly the teachers. There are some teachers who are not always the greatest at teaching and definitly hurt the students's education. The phrase "passing depends on what teacher I get" is a common phrase throughout college and here is definitly no different. Thankfully not many teachers are this way, but there are enough to warrent a slight problem.

I would definitly say that I talk about the students the most. The Findlay students, no matter what year, are always friendly to everyone that comes, whether it be high schoolers on visitation days or upper classmen helping out the younger years with their course work. Everyone is kind and helpful to everyone else, making the enviroment for learning absolutely perfect for any kind of student.

Michelle

If I could go back in time and give advice to my undergraduate self, I would tell them two things: make sure to get an internship and double major! At the time I had no idea how invaluable internships are when seeking employment. Not only do they give you a skill set and experiences that can be applicable in whatever career you choose after graduation, but they also show potential employers how you handle yourself in a real world, professional setting. Internships are also a good way to test out the career you think you want before committing yourself to it. My major was something a bit esoteric, Japanese, and I really wish someone would have given me the advice to still pursue a degree in what I was interested in, but to also double major in something that would give me more skills in the working world. Being able to speak a foreign language is great, but I would be even more marketable if I had matched that with something practical such as business or accounting. These pieces of advice would have been invaluable to me, but unfortunately some things can only be learned in hindsight.

I wish I had looked more into my degree program and had made sure that there were internship opportunities for it. I also would have made sure that there were opportunities to study abroad. I don't want to say that my degree was a waste of time and money as I made some wonderful friends through it, but I could have gotten better opportunities and a more rewarding education elsewhere.

The worst thing about my school was the guidence system. My previous college spoiled me as I could choose my own courses and have an academic counselor who knew what they were doing approve it. My academic counselor at Findlay was not familiar with the requirements for my degree and as a result, I almost did not graduate on time. Planning the next semester was always an arduous task with me almost having to beg and threaten to get the classes I needed to fullfill my requirements.

Colin

There are a few things that, as a high school student, you don't realize are extremely important in transitioning into a great college student; one of which is time management. In high school, I would come home and do things that were fun to me and forget about the days work at school until around 10 o'clock in the evening. This attitude as any kind of student does not equate to a good student's attitude. In college time management is absolutely imperative to getting good grades and reducing the stress put on yourself (by allowing proper sleep, getting homework finished earlier, etc.). Another piece of advice that I would have give myself as a high schooler would have been learn to study and learn to do it often. In high school I did not have to study and in college studying is necessary. I did not know how to study going into college which meant that my first few weeks were much more hectic than they needed to be. Studying is something that needs to be done often and effectively in college and in high school I did not know how to do that.

The University of Findlay offers its students modern facilities and tremendous professors. Without a doubt, the best thing about my school would be those two things. My school provides its students some of the best and highest quality professors a university can offer. They are extremely involved in your curriculum and are concerned about your education. The University of Findlay also gives its students the latest in lab and classroom technology. These are the best things that the University of Findlay offers its students.

Students who are interested in extremely large universities and big sprawling campuses shouldn't attend the University of Findlay. The campus is small and localized and houses only around 4,000 undergraduate students. If you are someone looking for a large university in terms of campus size and student body, then the University of Findlay most likely is not your type of post-secondary institution.

Chelsea

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably give myself the advice to avoid getting sick with the awful virus known as senioritis. I would tell myself that even though I was taking fairly easy classes at my high school and community college and I knew I would get an A anyway, to not slack off and do the minimum work required. It really kills you your first sememster of college at an actual university. Also, I would tell myself to get to know my roommate better before I came to school. For example, text her more, find out her interests, and what we had in common. I would have told myself to prepare for homesickness and for separation anxiety from my dog. Finally, I would have informed myself to not be afraid of being myself as soon as I arrived, because it makes it a lot harder now.

I consider the worst thing about the University of Findlay to be that most people go home on the weekends. U of F is completely against alcohol (which I have no problem with) but a lot of people leave to go to other schools or to go home to party on the weekends. This leaves school a pretty boring place sometimes. I believe that if more people stayed things would be exceptionally different.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Findlay is that there is a considerable difference in the male to femal ratio. Because U of F is known for its outstanding Pre-Vet program, and most aspiring veterinarians are females now, there are a significant more females here, which is great for the guys, but frustrating for the girls.

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.