Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Lena

An education that focuses on a Christian perspective, while having one of the best graduate school acceptance rates in the country.

The professors, because they care, and the network of people that are around here, connected by a common faith and a belief we are doing the right thing.

Timothy

I felt at home here. People were helpful and friendly

I felt at home here. People were helpful and friendly

Take AP classes so you do not have to take them in college.

I had visited a couple more times so I would know my way around campus a little better

Joshua

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior high school self, I would let him know that it is okay that he takes things slow, but that he does not need to worry so much. The staff and faculty on campus are there to support him and have been in his shoes and God will also be there to take care of him. I would let him know that he should relax, continue to focus on writing, and apply for a few more scholarships. My younger self would also need to know that there are varying degrees of friendship, that not everyone he is going to meet is going to be a close friend, but many will be good friends who will see you through. I would also let him know to continue to be patient, that despite his fears, he is going to do just fine in college and in life. His journey would be slower than most, but in the end it would help him to grow into being a leader, into a person who could encourage and help those around him to the point that they too could move forward in their lives.

The size. The campus is not too big so as to be overwhelming, but it is large enough for you to find a group of friends that you will fit in with.

People focused on getting their school work done, and some socializing, but like a calmer atmosphere.

Tara

If i could go back in time and give myself advice about college life, i would tell myself that Findlay is not at all what you expect. Since its a mostly Equine dominated school i assumed the students there would be rich and stuck up. I came to Findlay without knowing anyone and no roommate to lean on, i assumed everyone would be mean to me because i was a freshmen. This was not the case at all, everyone was so warm and welcoming. I made friends within the first day, and within a month i found a best friend that im sure will be life long.

The best thing about The University Of Findlay is by far the upper classmen. They are so nice and helpful, if you ask a question they are more then happy to help. They will help you find classes, get books, and help you out picking teachers.

The worst thing about my school in my opinion is the meal plan. You have to have a meal plan while living on campus, the lowest plan still costs you $8,000 a year. For a student who is a picky eater or isnt able to make the meal times, its a waste of money.

misty

If I could go back and have a conversation with my high school self, I think I would tell myself the same thing everyone else would; to buckle down and work harder! I would also tell myself to not take a break from school. Although I was undecided about "what to be when I grew up", I would say to at least take the basic college courses and what you will figure out what to be in life. Life is so much harder than what a high school student realizes, especially without a college education. I don't think children really know or understand how the real world is and as much as teachers try to prepare you for life, one never really understands until they experience it for themselves.

The advice i would give my self, is college is a great experience and everything i have completed in high school will and does pay off in the long run. All the notes i ever took will come in hand so dont throw them out.. The one main piece of adivice i would give my self is too, know where the classrooms are before the first day of college and sit in the front and not be scared of the teacher or the fact that there are older adults in the classrooms, because everyone deserves a college degree.

Victoria

If I could give myself any advice as a high school senior it would be to start looking earlier in my HS career for scholarships and grants! I would have advised myself to apply to as many as possible and never give up hope! There are thousands of programs out there looking to help students, such as this one. I never had parents who pushed me to fund my future education and I often felt discouraged. I have found that there is nothing harder than wanting to go to college and not having the financial resources needed. So if I could go back in time, I would find motivation in the things that moved me. I would have started early and stayed on top of my progress scholarship hunting so that I could afford to attend the college I do without the daily worries about money. Filling out scholarships may be a long process, but it is quite the rewarding process.

The best thing about my University is the tight-knit community. With less than 2,800 undergraduate students we have a lot of school pride, especially since our Varsity Men's basketball program won the National Championship just a few years back. The small class ratio, constant campus events and dorm life all contribute to creating tight bonds among students in similar majors, and the such!

The school is known for its great location and the many majors that it has. It is also know for their equestrian program and they have many different horse sites for the studying students. It is a small campus with a very friendly atmosphere

Take everything in school seriously, especially the SAT and ACT testing. You may think it was a joke then and not important, but it is the same thing with GRE for grad school. Scores mean everything and it can sometimes mean more scholarship money which will make life much easier when you have to start paying back your student loans!

An outgoing and entheusatic person should attend Findlay.

The hands-on program for Preveterinary students. We were given experience with large animals. This would not have been possible for me had I not attended The University of Findlay.

Go to college for the right reasons. An education is vital to your future and wellbeing. Remember who you are, and who you want to be, and stay focused. If you are unsure of what you want to do, that's okay! Everything will fall into place as long as you take classes that you enjoy taking. If the classwork just is not appealing to you, find class work that does excite you. The classes should be your main source of happiness in school. If you are not feeling certain classes, look into a different major, until you have found the right one. Never give up, and have fun!

The small class sizeenables you to talk to the professor if necessary. The hands on experience of the pre-veterinary program made this school my top choice for an education before veterinary school. Many of my experiences in science would not have been possible if it were not for The University of Findlay.

Melissa

The University of Findlay is best known for its pre-vet, equestrian, and pharmacy programs; also for its small, intimate class sizes.

I have learned that it is acceptable to not have my entire life planned out at this point in time. College is about experiencing new things and taking seemingly random, but interesting courses just for fun so find something you enjoy. At twenty years of age, it is alright to have unreasonable dreams and thoughts for the future. During my time in college, I have thrown away most of the life plan I had for myself and have started fresh. College gave me opportunities to try new things and make new friends from different backgrounds who have had so much to teach me. College has been the greatest learning experience for me; not purely in an academic sense.

The type of person who should attend The University of Findlay is one who wants to be connected to their learning experience. Small class sizes provide opportunities for interaction with peers and professors. A person who is not fond of large group settings would excel at this university

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.