Findlay, OH
The University of Findlay

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Findlay

Alberta

Findlay is a very diverse University and they are helpful when it comes to the admission process. The admission people are helpful in answering any questions you may have as well as helping you to find a place to stay if you dont want to stay in the Campus housing. I choose Findlay because its a private school and has small classes that enable the instructors to get to know you and also help you with any school work. Last but not the least is the atlectices field as well as the gym is one of the nicest on campus.

If I know thenlwould study harderto enable me to get a good GPA. The foundation I lay inhigh school is whats going to take me through my college academic degree. So if I were to go back I would be an advocate for high school children to be serious and dedicated to their school work for instance someone wants to go into Pharmacy. I would educate them about what classes they need to take to strengthened them before they get toPharmacy school cos its adifficilt programin the sense that they are harder cls.have also started from a private school to get a good foundation and the skills I need to help me succeed in graduate school,Knowing that one comes from a poor background I would encouraged them to learn hard to get a good GPA to enable them to get schorlarships for college. This is pertaining to people coming from third world countries and not only that but also poor background about education in the U.S. I would educate them and insist in doing programs they can get jobs in even when they return back to their home country so they can educate the less fortunate ones.

My Teachers are nice and helpfu when you are having problems with school work. Thepeopleworking in the library are also helpful in searching for any articles in the data base. They help you in looking for books outside campus in Ohio library. They have schorlarships for outstanding students who are coming in and that help alot with the tuition since its a private school and the tuition is high compared to public schools. This awards given to studentsis very helpful especially for we the Minority students since coming from a third world country is hard to pay the tuition.

Chelsea

My classmates at the University of Findlay are diverse and open minded. The professors here encourage critical thinking and acceptance of others. We have a wide range of clubs and student organizations, so every student has a group that shares their interests. We have many non english speakers and exchange students as well.

The University of Findlay is unique in that it has small classes (20 students is the average) and all of the professors are easily accessible. It also offers equestrian, animal science, and pre-veterinary medicine majors and excels in those areas. I am in the equestrian program which is one of the most intensive of its kind in the United States. We ride every day with top professionals in the equine industry. The food here is also much better than the average university!

If I could give my high school self advice, I would relay the same information that I am currently sharing with my siblings. College is a whole new world, where you will without a doubt study hard, but also make new and lifelong friends. Going to college is an opportunity that I think all Americans should take advantage of. I have grown so much not only in knowledge but as a person. College has given me opportunities to volunteer, to meet new people, to network, and to learn. During high school I couldn't imagine ever growing up, moving out of my parents' house, and essentially doing almost everything on my own. I would tell myself not to worry, that things do get better, and there are some amazing people out there that are dying to meet you. I was bullied mercilessly in high school, but college has allowed me to really show people who I am and what I can offer.

Wesleigh

My classmates are friendly and very helpful. They are hard-working individuals that succeed in their classes and are always willing to help others.

I would tell myself not to give up and to always give my hardest effort. College has been a huge transition, but it's been a lot of fun. Keep trying hard and never quit studying.

Everyone would fit in at the University of Findlay. I am in a very small major, but still feel part of the entire University.

Lena

An education that focuses on a Christian perspective, while having one of the best graduate school acceptance rates in the country.

The professors, because they care, and the network of people that are around here, connected by a common faith and a belief we are doing the right thing.

Timothy

I felt at home here. People were helpful and friendly

I felt at home here. People were helpful and friendly

Take AP classes so you do not have to take them in college.

I had visited a couple more times so I would know my way around campus a little better

Joshua

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior high school self, I would let him know that it is okay that he takes things slow, but that he does not need to worry so much. The staff and faculty on campus are there to support him and have been in his shoes and God will also be there to take care of him. I would let him know that he should relax, continue to focus on writing, and apply for a few more scholarships. My younger self would also need to know that there are varying degrees of friendship, that not everyone he is going to meet is going to be a close friend, but many will be good friends who will see you through. I would also let him know to continue to be patient, that despite his fears, he is going to do just fine in college and in life. His journey would be slower than most, but in the end it would help him to grow into being a leader, into a person who could encourage and help those around him to the point that they too could move forward in their lives.

The size. The campus is not too big so as to be overwhelming, but it is large enough for you to find a group of friends that you will fit in with.

People focused on getting their school work done, and some socializing, but like a calmer atmosphere.

Tara

If i could go back in time and give myself advice about college life, i would tell myself that Findlay is not at all what you expect. Since its a mostly Equine dominated school i assumed the students there would be rich and stuck up. I came to Findlay without knowing anyone and no roommate to lean on, i assumed everyone would be mean to me because i was a freshmen. This was not the case at all, everyone was so warm and welcoming. I made friends within the first day, and within a month i found a best friend that im sure will be life long.

The best thing about The University Of Findlay is by far the upper classmen. They are so nice and helpful, if you ask a question they are more then happy to help. They will help you find classes, get books, and help you out picking teachers.

The worst thing about my school in my opinion is the meal plan. You have to have a meal plan while living on campus, the lowest plan still costs you $8,000 a year. For a student who is a picky eater or isnt able to make the meal times, its a waste of money.

misty

If I could go back and have a conversation with my high school self, I think I would tell myself the same thing everyone else would; to buckle down and work harder! I would also tell myself to not take a break from school. Although I was undecided about "what to be when I grew up", I would say to at least take the basic college courses and what you will figure out what to be in life. Life is so much harder than what a high school student realizes, especially without a college education. I don't think children really know or understand how the real world is and as much as teachers try to prepare you for life, one never really understands until they experience it for themselves.

The advice i would give my self, is college is a great experience and everything i have completed in high school will and does pay off in the long run. All the notes i ever took will come in hand so dont throw them out.. The one main piece of adivice i would give my self is too, know where the classrooms are before the first day of college and sit in the front and not be scared of the teacher or the fact that there are older adults in the classrooms, because everyone deserves a college degree.

Victoria

If I could give myself any advice as a high school senior it would be to start looking earlier in my HS career for scholarships and grants! I would have advised myself to apply to as many as possible and never give up hope! There are thousands of programs out there looking to help students, such as this one. I never had parents who pushed me to fund my future education and I often felt discouraged. I have found that there is nothing harder than wanting to go to college and not having the financial resources needed. So if I could go back in time, I would find motivation in the things that moved me. I would have started early and stayed on top of my progress scholarship hunting so that I could afford to attend the college I do without the daily worries about money. Filling out scholarships may be a long process, but it is quite the rewarding process.

The best thing about my University is the tight-knit community. With less than 2,800 undergraduate students we have a lot of school pride, especially since our Varsity Men's basketball program won the National Championship just a few years back. The small class ratio, constant campus events and dorm life all contribute to creating tight bonds among students in similar majors, and the such!

The University of Findlay administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.