Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulsa Community College

Bevely

If i could rewind time and whispher in the ear of the that girl finishing her senior year .I would tell her to have confidence within herself. Llisten to know one else but her heart. Apply to that four year university, and break away . Instead of getting stuck here for the next two years. Yearning for your chance to fly away. Step up to the plate so you want have to face all of the things i have to face all because i was afraid to chase affer my dreams. Living in a house full of sins. Dealing friends who want nothing out of life, but to trap a guy by having his baby. Hoping and praying every night that you want become like them. I would tell her that it is okay to be different. That I know that it's hurts now, but you will make it thought it.

Thebest thing about TCC is that it is free. That it gives me the opportunity to get an education even though I do not have any money. I feel truely blessed, because withput i am not sure i would even be attending college.

My classmates, though it differs from person to person, typically want a good education without costing their parents a fortune, and are eager and dedicated.

The main thing I would have told myself as a high school senior would be to have tried to become and officer in a club at school. I was involved in the National Honor Society, and other club, but I never held a position. Knowing what I know now about what colleges are looking for for scholarships, I definately would have strived harder to immerse myself into a school club. On a different note, I would have told myself not to be so stressed during my senior year and just enjoy it more. Senior year is stressful with all the tests, final grades, work, and applying for scholarships and acceptance to schools that I should have taken an extra breath or two and calmed down. I would have also mentioned that college life of course is no walk in the park, but that it can be very fulfilling and just plain fun!

Someone who is dedicated, hard working, efficient with their money, and either just has a desire to learn or would like Tulsa Community College to be a great and sturdy stepping stone to university should attend this school. It's a great community college and people wanting a better future should attend here to get them on that path.

Kiana

With its' four different locations, and huge variety of classes, Tulsa Community College is an excellent school for students who are not quite ready to leave the nest, but still want to pursue a post-secondary education.

1) Go to class! This is not anything like high school. Some professors give attendance points and those points can mean the difference between an A or B. 2) Get to know your professors. They have been through exactly what you are going through. Talk to them, email them, and call them. No matter how hard they may be on you?they do want you to succeed. 3) Treasure the long nights of uninterrupted sleep you are getting now, because nights like those will be few and far in-between once you start college. ?Sleep is a luxury, the time-oriented enjoy and the procrastinators covet.? 4) Always, always, always ask questions about whatever it is you do not understand. The worst mistake you can make is to sit there silently confused and try to play ?catch-up? right before your test. 5) Constantly know what your grades and gpa are. There is a plethora of scholarships and clubs that you are qualified for with the right grades. 6) And finally, LIVE IT UP! This will be one of the most challenging and fun transitions in your life. Do not be shy. Everyone is just as nervous as you are.

The best thing about Tulsa Community College is the professors. They are all down-to-earth and genuinely want us students to succeed. As boring as school can be sometimes, their individual teaching styles keep us eager to learn more.

Lynn

My classmates seem to be hardworking students who come from different ways of life including working parents to those just out of high school and new to the environment, all with the same goal of getting a degree and better way of life.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would tell myself that college is not just for the smarter and more well off students around me. I have had more opportunities moving around the country than any single student who has lived in the same area their whole life. Just because your grades are affected in a negative way does not mean that it is because you dont know what you are doing. Many teachers just do not understand how hard it is for a student to catch up at every new school. Take it slow and try to remember how that one special teacher taught you and apply it to your other subjects. Ask more questions without feeling intimidated, even though it seems everyone knows more than you. Talk to the career counselor early and find out about different careers so that you can try to figure out where your strengths are and work towards them while still in high school. Visit campuses around the area, even the local Community college, to get a feel of college life. Finally, know who you are and dont be scared of growing up!

Tulsa Community College is a great place to start for all students. It lays a strong foundation for students who are either getting a 2-year degree from TCC or who are like me, and pursuing a 4-yr degree at a private university. It has almost all the options any college student would want in a future career and Professors who are serious about what they do.

elizabeth

Tulsa Community college allows for smaller classroom setting making communication/help better between the student and professor. The school also has a variety of class schedules making it easier to work around any type of schedule.

I would tell myself to take things slow, and do not overload myself with work and school. More advice would be to not allow myself to get caught up in the freedom of college life, such as not having parents tell you that you need to study. The main advice i would tell myself is that school is the most important thing, and to always put it first.

The type of person best fitted for this typer of environment is someone who generally has a difficult schedule to work around.

Leesa

Tulsa Community College is very helpful, reliable, and a great way to experince education on a smaller scale before pursuing graduate school.

Tulsa Community College is best known for it's different campuses, professors who will do anything, in regards, to helping students pass the courses, and their variety of organizations students can join in helping their education.

I would tell myself to get involved with everything possible my senior year of highschool and as a college freshman. To be able to focus more on a career that is stable and not based on monitary value. To join a soriety, they will not only help with socialization, but with education as well. I would tell my self to concentrate on finishing, and not allowing my self to get overwhelmed with what's going on in the world. I need to be able to study on my subjects as being a Teacher, put my focus on graduating with my Bachelor's degree and to be able to make good decisions for the time being and my future, so that I will not have to look back at the poor decisions I made.

Shawna

My classmates are a mix of traditional and non-traditional students.

My classmates are a mix of traditional and non-traditional students.

In retrospect, if I could return to myself as a senior in high school, I would advise myself to do whatever it took to complete my degree as soon as I graduated. As a non-traditional student and divorced mother of two daughters with sole custody, I find it more challenging to attend school now. I work 3 part-time jobs to allow me to work around my own college schedule as well as the activities and school schedules of my children. If I could return to myself as a senior in high school, I would want to show myself a movie of what my future held as it stands today. I would probably point out certain things like the dark circles and bags beneath my eyes from a lack of sleep, the cost for babysitters and childcare that I incure while in class and away from my daughters, as well as the absence of a social life and hobbies.

Tulsa Community College is an institution that allows people of all backgrounds, ages, and nationalities to attend. The college has an extensive variety of courses and schedules to accomodate any student or person wishing to attend. They offer a number of locations to students as well. TCC is the kind of school for all students.

Jevarlo

The best way to describe my classmates at Tulsa Community College is dynamic. The student body of my college encompasses High School students, International students, Working Professionals, Current Educators, and even retired individuals. I thoroughly enjoy the interactions I share with my classmates as it is a learning experience for both my classmates and myself. Simply by conversing with an International student, Working Professional, or retired individual I am able to take a brief step inside their world.

If I could go back in time and talk with myself as a high school senior, knowing what i know now about college life and making the transition, I would give myself this advice which was first given by bill gates himself. "Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades; they will give you as many chances as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bare the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life." The purpose of giving myself this information would be to spur me to realize that college is nothing like high school. It is long, expensive, time consuming, difficult, but the trade of all these difficulties are a future. Television shows and movies depict a grand life of an easy coming unequivocally but this simply is not true. By telling myself this quote i would invite myself to champion the halls of my academic Studies, knowing that the end justifies the means. Yes, friends may be forsaken, parties unattended, late nights never undertaken but nothing worth having is easy, and everything worth having is obtainable.

I consider the long waiting list to speak with a counselor at Tulsa Community College to be the worst thing about my school. Despite dispersing a student body across 4 campuses Tulsa Community College still suffers from a 60-150 minute wait to talk with an academic counselor, regardless of what time of year it is. During enrollment periods this is to be expected, but the counseling office is always this busy. Granted, the college has attempted to remedy this issue by offering course enrollment and academic advisement online but more often than not these methods are more problematic.

Kylie

the teachers and students you come in contact with

the teachers and students you come in contact with

I would not change a thing about my choice of school, but my classes look in to them alot more.

some of the TCC campuses don't have alot of class option.

Amber

It's personal touch. The classes are small and inviting, and the professors are very friendly and helpful. You can tell that this is a college that really wants to help you succeed. I originally attended a university and acquired an associates degree, but honestly I left that school feeling like a nobody. After 6 years, I decided to return to school to follow my true passion, and I couldn't have picked a better college. It fits me and our community very well.

The fact that it's so close to my home was definitely a determining factor. I have a 3 year old daughter, so traveling was really out of the question. Also, it is known for having one of the best veterinary technology programs in the state. These factors made it my number one choice over any other school.

As a high school senior, I was ready to get out there and start living life. I started college, but then rushed into getting married at a young age. The relationship didn't work, and we divorced. I took time off from school to get my life and my head straightened out. The time off hurt my ambition, and I almost didn't go back to finish my degree. I finally did go back because I was only a semester away from finishing. As I was finishing my degree I came to the realization that this wasn't the career tract that I wanted. I was so distracted by my "life" that I hadn't focused on where I wanted my future to go. I spent the next 6 years trying to figure out what I really wanted to do with my life. Luckily, I did. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior; I would tell myself to focus on myself and my ambition to succeed. There is only so much time we are given, and once you make a choice in your life it's very difficult to change it.

Tulsa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.