Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulsa Community College

taryn

I would not waste so much time. I would not let addictions overcome my dreams and I would concentrate on my goals and make them happen. On the other hand if I did not go thru what I have in life, I wouldn't have my family and the sucess I have and the acheivements I can attain.

Halito! I am Taryn Renee’ Maness-White, a member of the Choctaw Nation and I am graduating with an Associates in Sociology this May. My future plans consist of attending The University of Tulsa and studying Sociology with an emphasis on Cultural Anthropology. I do have a vocal quality that is accepting, but instead I chose to have my two kids: Dyllan Renee’-my daughter and Donnie-my son. By educating myself I plan to make a change for my children and discover different aspects of civilizations and cultures.

I have only had one problem with an online professor who obviously shouldn't be an online proff, since he didn't like receiving e-mails?

Miranda

I currently attend a local community college that provides a quality education in a diverse learning environment.

It attracts students from many different stages in life - high school, professionals, retirees. There are a variety of classes and schedules available that can suit any individual and help them further their education.

Dear Cheerleader Self, Friday night football and prom dresses won?t last forever. Pay attention in calculus - you will be taking it again in ten years. Do not under any circumstances fill out a credit card application until you graduate college and get a real job. The boy, Junior year? He?s bad news. Don?t waste your time. Don?t let fear of the unknown keep you from pursuing what you love. If you aren?t sure what that is yet, don?t worry. You will figure it out. (Hint: It is not accounting, so you can bypass that major declaration altogether.) Keep an open mind, explore your options, and don?t get caught up in your plans. They will change. You will change. At the same time, be aware that your work today will certainly affect your future. You will want to attend graduate school someday and they will want to see transcripts! So, study hard, have fun, keep in touch with old friends, and be open to new ones. Best of luck, 10 Year High School Reunion Self P.S. Did I mention your new calculus buddy is currently a senior at your high school? Small world.

TCC is a community institution for higher education that allows low- income students gain a degree in their desired major. They make available several courses of study and various resources for you to overtake your college career.

I would tell myself to start signing up for financial aid and scholarships immediately. Make sure that I hit the books on material for the ACT and take as many times as possible to get a more useful score. To start capturing a vision on the major I want to turn into a career. Establish insight on how to think and learn actively. Set long-term goals along with short-term ones to open doors for educational and career opportunities. Put up dough for a computer considering the majority of my professors can only be contacted through email. Nevertheless, in advance go and explore my college, paying particular attention to the floor of my major. Remember my values as it will aid with college and career goal setting. And not to worry there are a great deal of resources if I need assistance with anything.

Someone who is not inclined to putting in the hardwork and devotion it takes to succeed through school. Prosperity comes with a price and only those that are stuck on flourishing will be qualified to cash in.

Tammy

They care about their students. Free tutoring in every subject. Access to computers. Great campus.

Don't tell yourself that you are going to wait a year and then go to college, because it will not happen. Look at me, I am 43 years old and I can not remember any of the stuff I learned in high school. It will be so much easier if you go now while everything is fresh on your mind. You can get a good job after you graduate college, instead of living paycheck to paycheck like I did for the last 25 years. I meet student that are so much younger than me and wish I would of went after high school, because of our age gap I know that we can not be long time friends. Trust me you will not regret it. Good luck and I will help you anyway that I can.

There is not any kind of person that should not attent TCC. If you have to get your basics this is the place.

I would tell myself to work harder and not let my grades fall as badly as they did. I would also tell myself to work on more college aplications to get into a better school, so that if i were to get sick i wouldnt have to drop and then be going back two years later, getting ready to be married and having a baby on the way.

David

I would honestly tell myself that I should have focused more in high school. I regret not doing well and slacking off while I was in my senior year! Often students tend to get lazy towards the end of the year! This is exactly what I did. My dream was to start attending ORU in the fall of 2009, but the finances were not available, only because of my stupidity. There are consequences. Stay focused and do the best that you can even though it seems like the year is taking forever to get over!

I think that the professors would have to be the best thing in my school at this point in my college career! They are always willing to help me out with whatever I need. They are very understanding with life situations, but also expect much out of each student. All of my professors are highly qualified to teach in the area in which they do.

Well I plan on transferring to Oral Roberts University in the fall of 2010. Although I do wish I would have known that the financial aid process was going to take as long as it has!

ricky

Nothing is more important than higher education. Go straight there and don't let anything distract you.

a fitness center on campus, extensive student activities coordination, and the easy layout of all the required enrollment stops.

Amariah

When I graduated high school I purchased a small home and made the payments by working over 60 hours a week waiting tables. I picked up as many shifts as I could to pay for school and my bills, even if those shifts were during class times. After several semesters of not knowing a major I graduated with an Associates in Liberal Arts. Talking to myself as a senior I would tell me that I'll always have enough money to meet my bills; "Do not skip class to work!" I would also tell myself to try; "Without trying you can make lots of Bs and As, but make a little effort and you can make all As easily". Also, not to take a lot of random classes just to learn about something more. It's great to learn more about everything you can, but those add into your hours, and when you finally decide what you want to do, you will have nearly 100 hours that do not count towards your degree, and you will have to ask committees to allow you to finish your second Associates degee.

The worst thing about Tulsa Community College is the inconsistency with which subjects are taught. One instructor may have open book tests for a class, while another requires students to not only memorize all the formulas, but to know the material inside out and backwards. For example, knowing the instructor's intepretation of the vocabulary and choose it from three there textbook definitions. So, an A in one class would not equal an A in another class. Students bounce around between campuses choosing the 'easiest' teachers to ensure that they receive the highest grade with minimal effort and learning.

The most frustrating thing about Tulsa Community College is the online course filling up so quickly. Students love the fact that they can attend college and complete the coursework on their own time. Sitting and listening to a lecture is rarely helpful because the time that is spent studying exceeds the lecture hours tremendously. There is a very limited number of online courses, and they fill up quickly.

Ryan

Tulsa Community College is less expensive than 4-year universities and great benefits like Tulsa Achieves for extra tuition money and amazing professors that give you the information you need to succeed.

If I was to go back in time to visit myself in high school and give myself information about my college choice and future decision I would tell myself to be confident and make sure that I remember important deadlines and follow all the guidelines and rules my parents have given me.

The worst thing about my school is that there are not enough parking places because whenever I get there too late I can't seem to find a parking spot.

Garrett

My school offers several classes for a variety of majors.

My school offers several classes for a variety of majors.

I would tell myself that I should not worry so much about my future because I have plenty of support and resources to assist me in making good decisions that will lead to the life I want to have. I would also tell myself that I need to set clear and distinctive goals and work harder to achieve them.

The close proximity to my home and the variety of classes.

Tulsa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.