Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulsa Community College

TCC is a community institution for higher education that allows low- income students gain a degree in their desired major. They make available several courses of study and various resources for you to overtake your college career.

I would tell myself to start signing up for financial aid and scholarships immediately. Make sure that I hit the books on material for the ACT and take as many times as possible to get a more useful score. To start capturing a vision on the major I want to turn into a career. Establish insight on how to think and learn actively. Set long-term goals along with short-term ones to open doors for educational and career opportunities. Put up dough for a computer considering the majority of my professors can only be contacted through email. Nevertheless, in advance go and explore my college, paying particular attention to the floor of my major. Remember my values as it will aid with college and career goal setting. And not to worry there are a great deal of resources if I need assistance with anything.

Someone who is not inclined to putting in the hardwork and devotion it takes to succeed through school. Prosperity comes with a price and only those that are stuck on flourishing will be qualified to cash in.

Tammy

Don't tell yourself that you are going to wait a year and then go to college, because it will not happen. Look at me, I am 43 years old and I can not remember any of the stuff I learned in high school. It will be so much easier if you go now while everything is fresh on your mind. You can get a good job after you graduate college, instead of living paycheck to paycheck like I did for the last 25 years. I meet student that are so much younger than me and wish I would of went after high school, because of our age gap I know that we can not be long time friends. Trust me you will not regret it. Good luck and I will help you anyway that I can.

They care about their students. Free tutoring in every subject. Access to computers. Great campus.

There is not any kind of person that should not attent TCC. If you have to get your basics this is the place.

I would tell myself to work harder and not let my grades fall as badly as they did. I would also tell myself to work on more college aplications to get into a better school, so that if i were to get sick i wouldnt have to drop and then be going back two years later, getting ready to be married and having a baby on the way.

David

I would honestly tell myself that I should have focused more in high school. I regret not doing well and slacking off while I was in my senior year! Often students tend to get lazy towards the end of the year! This is exactly what I did. My dream was to start attending ORU in the fall of 2009, but the finances were not available, only because of my stupidity. There are consequences. Stay focused and do the best that you can even though it seems like the year is taking forever to get over!

I think that the professors would have to be the best thing in my school at this point in my college career! They are always willing to help me out with whatever I need. They are very understanding with life situations, but also expect much out of each student. All of my professors are highly qualified to teach in the area in which they do.

Well I plan on transferring to Oral Roberts University in the fall of 2010. Although I do wish I would have known that the financial aid process was going to take as long as it has!

ricky

Nothing is more important than higher education. Go straight there and don't let anything distract you.

a fitness center on campus, extensive student activities coordination, and the easy layout of all the required enrollment stops.

Amariah

When I graduated high school I purchased a small home and made the payments by working over 60 hours a week waiting tables. I picked up as many shifts as I could to pay for school and my bills, even if those shifts were during class times. After several semesters of not knowing a major I graduated with an Associates in Liberal Arts. Talking to myself as a senior I would tell me that I'll always have enough money to meet my bills; "Do not skip class to work!" I would also tell myself to try; "Without trying you can make lots of Bs and As, but make a little effort and you can make all As easily". Also, not to take a lot of random classes just to learn about something more. It's great to learn more about everything you can, but those add into your hours, and when you finally decide what you want to do, you will have nearly 100 hours that do not count towards your degree, and you will have to ask committees to allow you to finish your second Associates degee.

The worst thing about Tulsa Community College is the inconsistency with which subjects are taught. One instructor may have open book tests for a class, while another requires students to not only memorize all the formulas, but to know the material inside out and backwards. For example, knowing the instructor's intepretation of the vocabulary and choose it from three there textbook definitions. So, an A in one class would not equal an A in another class. Students bounce around between campuses choosing the 'easiest' teachers to ensure that they receive the highest grade with minimal effort and learning.

The most frustrating thing about Tulsa Community College is the online course filling up so quickly. Students love the fact that they can attend college and complete the coursework on their own time. Sitting and listening to a lecture is rarely helpful because the time that is spent studying exceeds the lecture hours tremendously. There is a very limited number of online courses, and they fill up quickly.

Ryan

Tulsa Community College is less expensive than 4-year universities and great benefits like Tulsa Achieves for extra tuition money and amazing professors that give you the information you need to succeed.

If I was to go back in time to visit myself in high school and give myself information about my college choice and future decision I would tell myself to be confident and make sure that I remember important deadlines and follow all the guidelines and rules my parents have given me.

The worst thing about my school is that there are not enough parking places because whenever I get there too late I can't seem to find a parking spot.

Garrett

My school offers several classes for a variety of majors.

My school offers several classes for a variety of majors.

I would tell myself that I should not worry so much about my future because I have plenty of support and resources to assist me in making good decisions that will lead to the life I want to have. I would also tell myself that I need to set clear and distinctive goals and work harder to achieve them.

The close proximity to my home and the variety of classes.

Ryan

My classesmates are very good friends and are fun to be around.

My classesmates are very good friends and are fun to be around.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to prepare to study hard and make sure to follow my parents rules and get into the habit of applying for scholarships so that I could succeed in the rest of my college life.

I tell my friends that my school is a very organzied and peaceful way of learning.

If I could talk to myself in High School I would remind myself to remain disciplined. In High School there were so many rules that I felt babied and couldn't wait to get out. And then when I had all the freedom in college I did not rise to the challenge. I have had mostly A's in High School and I would have told myself it is important to attend class and study in order to keep up with your GPA. I would have said, "Emily, stay focused." I would also tell myself not to be distracted by social life. I think I was trying to feel like I could go out any time I wanted. I would remind myself I am doing well not to partake in many activities that my peers do because they are a deterrent on the path to my success. I would say keep up the good work, you have found a good balance between work and play. And lastly I would tell myself be smart with your money, because textbooks do not grow on trees. I would tell myself do not worry about working so much, worry about keeping up your grades.

The worst part about TCC is the diversity, and the tuition waiver they offer. Although I pay for my school, a vast majority or the students attend school for free because they live in and graduated from Tulsa County. It means that not everyone is serious about their schooling. And while I know not everyone is on the same level it is very frustrating for professors to teach on a more basic level to accomodate all who are attending. They might try offering different levels of classes to better suit all of the diversity in the college.

TCC has a wide range of degree programs to choose from. The campus I go to has thousands of kids but there are still small class sizes. The teachers understand that we are all working college students on different paths and are very helpful in trying to get us where we want to go. There are always Universities there showing us all of our options for further growth after our associates degrees or time completed at TCC. The location is close and in a good part of town and the facility is newer compared to other colleges and universities.

Tulsa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.