Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tulsa Community College

I think TCC is rather high-quality for being a community college. Most community colleges are looked down upon kind of, because they're cheaper and things like that, but I think TCC sounds better than a regular 4-year university. I haven't been to one yet, but none of the classes exceed 30 people. All of the professors I've had are enthusiastic with their fields and supportive of the students. I haven't really been to any other community colleges, so I can't really say it's unique, but it definitely stands out to me.

If I could commune with my high-school-senior self, I would most definitely tell about how everything will be fine. I know I was really scared about going to college, and I never wanted to do anything college-related. It was really a constant stress for me. But having actually been through a bit of college, it's not really that big of deal. No one will leave you behind intentionally. There will always be people who will help out. It's just high school with a bit more freedom. I've even had the chance to gloat to my friends that are still in high school! Thinking about it, this will probably be how I feel once I get settled into a 4-year university. I'm a bit nervous to transfer, but a bit excited at the same time, because I'll be learning all kinds of new things. Everything ends up okay in the end.

I think the most frusterating thing for me was that they don't really offer all the classes for the degree program I'm in (Japanese). They offer the degree program, so why not all the classes? It makes sense that there's not enough people for the class, but I don't think it should be a hassle to have them avaliable, especially when you have the staff. Other than all that, There's nothing particularly frusterating.

Caleb

Being a good stepping stool for students to transfer to a 4 year college.

Being a good stepping stool for students to transfer to a 4 year college.

Right now Caleb, you dont know what you want to do with your life. You just finished highschool and you want to take time off and not deal with school. But these next few year of school will either hold you back or launch you forward in your long term educational journey. Getting through college, both financially and academically, can be a daunting task. The work you put in it now will pay off in the future. Maintining your GPA may seem like a waste of time. You will want to not study late at nights, and just play video games instead. But keeping yourself academically strong will help you pay for college. You dont see this now, but trying to get scholarships and pay for school when you have a wife and child is extraordinarily difficult. The amount of responsibilites you have now are nothing compared to what you will have in the future. So take the time to do things right the first time. Put in the hard work now. This will save you much toil and work later. You will be greatful that you did.

This is a good school for students that are nervious about attending a big university. This college was a good transition out of highschool. The teachers care about the success of the students.

Marshall

One of the best Community Colleges in the country, they have a wealth of resources to help the students acheive their Associates Degree and their credit system is very easily transferrable to universities.

Anyone who is looking to complete the first two years of their Bachelors degree for a very reasonable price who can then transfer and complete their undergraduate at a 4 year institution.

JENNIFER

TCC is for students who are wanting a college experince but still want to live close to home, and have a smaller classroom si...

TCC is for students who are wanting a college experince but still want to live close to home, and have a smaller classroom size.

Learn how to mulitask, and manage your time! Most students in college have jobs sometimes more than one, some have children. We can all agree on one thing tho, and that is that most of us dont have all the time in the world to just focus on school only. I had to learn during the first year of college that i would be juggling school,work, and my daughter. You're going to have to learn how to be grown up and make choices for yourself, your parents can no longer help you when you forget to do your homework, or your computer crashes. These are things that you have to be ready for and know what to do when each happens! Dont procrastinate although many college students say that they like to wait untill the night before to study for a test..dont!! it'll only hurt you worse in the end when you get to upper level classes and you're not able to take in all the information at once. The last thing i would tell myself is..enjoy college it only comes once. Study, make good grades, and have fun!

I wish i would have known more about the resources they had. They offer help with tutoring math, stats, and english papers. I wish i would have utiliezed these more often instead of towards the end of leaing

To always follow your heart no matter what anyone tells you, because ultimately YOU know what you want, not anyone else. Find a place where your heart sings and you find your "nitch", because no one can tell you where you are happiest but you. Don't ever give up on your dreams, work with dedication, and do what others are not willing to do in order to be successful, because true happiness comes by following your dreams.

They do not have a complete BSN degree, but they provide affordable classes that will transfer to a good reputable Nursing Program. It would be much easier to received a Bachelors of Science Degree from Tulsa Community College.

One that does not plan on doing everything it takes to be successful.

taryn

I would not waste so much time. I would not let addictions overcome my dreams and I would concentrate on my goals and make them happen. On the other hand if I did not go thru what I have in life, I wouldn't have my family and the sucess I have and the acheivements I can attain.

Halito! I am Taryn Renee’ Maness-White, a member of the Choctaw Nation and I am graduating with an Associates in Sociology this May. My future plans consist of attending The University of Tulsa and studying Sociology with an emphasis on Cultural Anthropology. I do have a vocal quality that is accepting, but instead I chose to have my two kids: Dyllan Renee’-my daughter and Donnie-my son. By educating myself I plan to make a change for my children and discover different aspects of civilizations and cultures.

I have only had one problem with an online professor who obviously shouldn't be an online proff, since he didn't like receiving e-mails?

Miranda

I currently attend a local community college that provides a quality education in a diverse learning environment.

It attracts students from many different stages in life - high school, professionals, retirees. There are a variety of classes and schedules available that can suit any individual and help them further their education.

Dear Cheerleader Self, Friday night football and prom dresses won?t last forever. Pay attention in calculus - you will be taking it again in ten years. Do not under any circumstances fill out a credit card application until you graduate college and get a real job. The boy, Junior year? He?s bad news. Don?t waste your time. Don?t let fear of the unknown keep you from pursuing what you love. If you aren?t sure what that is yet, don?t worry. You will figure it out. (Hint: It is not accounting, so you can bypass that major declaration altogether.) Keep an open mind, explore your options, and don?t get caught up in your plans. They will change. You will change. At the same time, be aware that your work today will certainly affect your future. You will want to attend graduate school someday and they will want to see transcripts! So, study hard, have fun, keep in touch with old friends, and be open to new ones. Best of luck, 10 Year High School Reunion Self P.S. Did I mention your new calculus buddy is currently a senior at your high school? Small world.

TCC is a community institution for higher education that allows low- income students gain a degree in their desired major. They make available several courses of study and various resources for you to overtake your college career.

I would tell myself to start signing up for financial aid and scholarships immediately. Make sure that I hit the books on material for the ACT and take as many times as possible to get a more useful score. To start capturing a vision on the major I want to turn into a career. Establish insight on how to think and learn actively. Set long-term goals along with short-term ones to open doors for educational and career opportunities. Put up dough for a computer considering the majority of my professors can only be contacted through email. Nevertheless, in advance go and explore my college, paying particular attention to the floor of my major. Remember my values as it will aid with college and career goal setting. And not to worry there are a great deal of resources if I need assistance with anything.

Someone who is not inclined to putting in the hardwork and devotion it takes to succeed through school. Prosperity comes with a price and only those that are stuck on flourishing will be qualified to cash in.

Tammy

They care about their students. Free tutoring in every subject. Access to computers. Great campus.

Don't tell yourself that you are going to wait a year and then go to college, because it will not happen. Look at me, I am 43 years old and I can not remember any of the stuff I learned in high school. It will be so much easier if you go now while everything is fresh on your mind. You can get a good job after you graduate college, instead of living paycheck to paycheck like I did for the last 25 years. I meet student that are so much younger than me and wish I would of went after high school, because of our age gap I know that we can not be long time friends. Trust me you will not regret it. Good luck and I will help you anyway that I can.

There is not any kind of person that should not attent TCC. If you have to get your basics this is the place.

Tulsa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.