University of Central Florida

« See more reviews of University of Central Florida

Though the University of Central Florida is a formidable place to learn, sometimes the capacity to do so is inhibited by timing and spatial restraints. Many classes start within ten to fifteen minutes after the end of previous classes, and for students whose classes are spread across campus, reaching these new classrooms and buildings is sometimes difficult and taxing. Bicycles and skateboards are permitted and helpful, but without the aid of specified bike/skateboard areas differentiated from pedestrian walkways, one is more likely to collide with a pedestrian than make it to class on time.

Registering for classes is the most frustrating part of UCF. Most scholarships require at least 12 hours per semester and every semester I struggle trying to achieve that number while picking classes that pertain to my major. Registration is specific to your expected graduation date as well as you GPA, yet even with a relatively high GPA it seems futile to register for the classes you need. The pattern of registration has become a stressful month of trying to build a schedule with the scraps left over from seniors and constantly checking online for openings until a miracle comes along.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably the size of the school, making it difficult to interact with students from other majors and within majors. University of Central Florida is the 6th largest school in the country, and although it can provide some of the best opportunites for students, sometimes the large classroom sizes and "never seeing the same student twice" can make a difference when a student is trying to interact and get involved in his or her school. Overall however, UCF does provide many resources to help students get acustom to the size of the school.

I feel the financial aid department was very frustrating. This is my first semester at this school. I had the hardest time getting answers from the financial aid representatives. The person I would speak to over the phone would give me different information than the person I would see face-to-face. I even did some communication via email at the request of the phone representative. They didn?t respond to all of my communication and I had to literally call and visit them almost every other day to get assistance. Several of my classmates also experienced this problem.

I started the RN to BSN program at UCF three years ago. Aside from the last semester, my other courses were online. I enjoyed this type of learning, though I usually prefer going to campus to attend class. UCF's online courses are well organized. The only part of my experience that was "frustrating" would be trying to reach someone over the phone to answer questions. My advice for this situation is to tell students that need specific questions answered to physically go to the campus and see a guidance counselor. They will save a lot of time and aggravation.

I really don't find there to be any aspect of UCF that I find frustrating. I find many things to be most appealing about my attendance at UCF such as their advanced technology, system of choosing classes, the fact that anything you want to know about school you can find on the school's website, the accessibiliy and availability of my professors, the varied degrees and classes offered, the fact that the school wants to see you succeed, the availability of tutoring, the very advanced career center, and most of all the appeal of the campus. and campus life.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that a lot of students who go to this school go here because they didn't get accepted to another school of their choice. Students tend to wear clothing from other schools such as University of Florida, Florida State University, and University of Miami. This causes some tension among students on campus and can be frustrating for the students like me who really do love the University of Central Florida. Although the athletics at this school aren't the best it is important to be proud of where you go.

The poor Internet connection that students who don't reside on campus are privy to is increasingly frustrating. Seeing as how the school is so large, and one of the best when it comes to computer science and engineering degrees, one would assume that the available Internet connections would work rather well, especially considering the fact that more and more students are using their laptops to take notes and study. Because so few servers are available, the connection is not only slow but continually drops, or boots students off of the network.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the fact that it is so crowded. I know that the campus is suppose to be that way because it is a big university, but it can really be frustrating at times. Every line on campus is very long, the sidewalks are always very crowded, and there are so many people that attend the school that most of the student body has to stay off-campus because the school does not contain enough on-campus housing to accommodate everyone. I love UCF, but that can be frustrating at times.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the bureaucracy of the school system. It is sometimes confusing to know who can help you with academic-related instances. Once a problem arises, sometimes the long trail of paper work that follows can be especially frustrating of it all. The whole environment of offices, signature lines and paperwork can prove to be very troubling for an incoming college student if they are not provided with a proper knowledge of the bureaucratic red tape jargon of the university.