University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

Since the University of Florida is a public university you are likely to find all types of students so the only type of student that might feel out of place here is anyone who doesn't like Football or the Gators(even then, we're known to make you love both before you leave). Most of our students are from within the state of Florida, but it seems like each day I'm meeting a new face from a different state. And we have a thriving community of international students with plenty of campus resources for support while away from home.

There is so much diversity at UF. Any type of race, background, or culture you can think of attends UF. I don't think anyone would feel out of place, there is a spot for everyone on campus. Students wear a variety of clothing to class. Some just wear sweatpants, but others like to wear jeans. There is a wide array of clothing worn. Students of all kinds interact with one another. They have come from all around the world to attend UF. Many of the students are politically active and show this in and around campus.

UF is actually very diverse - Students wear all sorts of things from sports wear to sweats to jeans and shirts to just professional work clothes. I even see older adults on campus who are going back to school for their degree now. Many students come to UF on Bright Futures and are from Florida. Sometimes they even have prepaid so they are well off financially. I see politically, students are divided up evenly between conservative and liberal. And YES everyone is always talking about how much money they will make.

My classmates are as diverse as the colors and textures of paint in a home improvement store. My classmates are from all over the world and have seen more cultures and lifestyles than I ever knew existed. My classmates are always ready to have a good time, though, and do not forget that the college years are supposed to be the best years of your life. My classmates are superior students, athletes, and innovators. My classmates are always prepared to lend a hand or share a laugh. My classmates are Florida Gators.

The students of the University of Florida are varied, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Walking around campus you're likely to encounter people who seem like they don't have the time to share a smile with someone else, much less a glance, but more often than not, if you get a chance to sit down and truly talk to your fellow students, they'll be more than willing to talk, and even better, listen. The University of Florida's campus can be big and scary, but you're not the only one that feels that way.

People here are eager to learn and share their knowledge with others. I never fail to see people express their individuality, either through their outward appearance or through what they have to say to others. Because of this, I am always meeting people who want to get to know me because we have similarities and differences to share. Overall, they have an appreciation for life and an understanding that the knowledge we acquire is something people share as a whole.

Diverse is the only word to describe the students at this university. The number of enrolled students numbers well into the thousands and there is too much diversity to label the students. Every individual will find like-minded peers as every group is represented well. There is virtually no chance of feeling out of place at this school. One of the hallmarks of this school is its diversity and I find it impossible to respond to this prompt.

The students at UF are so diverse. They range from all shapes, sizes, ethnicity, social backgrounds, etc. It is awesome to get to interact with such a wide variety of people. There are clubs and organizations for every type of student, including student government, La Casita, the Institute of Black Culture, Campus Crusade for Christ, Hillel, Chabbad, swimming, diving, cheerleading, rugby, Gators going Green you name it, we have it.

My classmates are unique, passionate, Gator-crazed citizens of the world, all of whom wish to change the world in great and unimaginable ways, whether it be through charities like Children Beyond Our Borders or Habitat for Humanity, or through their majors, such as a classmate I have that seeks to study spirituality's effects on health through her major in Neurotheology; they are the most outstanding, inspiring people in my life.

UF has a nice mix of every race, religion and sexual preference. I feel that all of these students are well accepted by others and have found their niche in Gainesville. There are specific clubs that certain groups frequent, including gay clubs and the indie nights hosted by other venues. Everyone eventually finds their place in a group of friends and those people can differ significantly.