University of Maryland-College Park

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-College Park

Looking at the flip-side, the University of Maryland definitely caters to professors and students alike who have research and STEM-based interests given that this is one of it's shining areas of academic interests and recognition. Also, the business school, properly known as the Robert H. Smith School of Business is both very aesthetically pleasing and generously funded, cause for much boastfulness within that particular college network of individuals on the university campus. Overall, students are given several opportunities, both in and out of the classroom who belong to both above-mentioned areas of academic interests.

The best thing about the University of Maryland is that the liberal arts education truly allows for a student to find their niche within the school. By requiring that the students be well-rounded and versed in areas of study outside of their particular focus, it makes for students with stronger skill sets to bring into the job market and real world. This diversity allows for strong foundations for future studies, but it also pushes students to be better and more experienced individuals who can weigh their options with little hesitation about the education on which their decisions are based.

The diverse population and the high quality education compete for the top spot on my list of positive attributes of Maryland. The wide range of types of people who attend University of Maryland contribute immensely to the atmosphere of the campus. The diversity also results in a vast array of student programs, appealing to every conceivable interest one would have. The benefit of the high quality education is obvious. Maryland offers varied and engaging classes. I can get voice lessons for college credit, for example. I can pursue my interests and learn from experts in those fields.

My school is a very diverse community and a great way to achieve an exceptional education in many ways. At the University of Maryland, one can meet people from different backgrounds and learn a lot about different cultures and lifestyles. These experiences will stick with a person and be beneficial for the rest of their life. The education that this university provides is a great opportunity for anyone to pursue a career. There aren't many schools such as UMD that have such a fantastic balance of social life, athletics and other extracurricular activities, as well as education.

The school represents 21st century America. We are diverse, understanding, and supportive. Every religion, race, and sexual orientation can be found on campus--no exageration. The academic environment is rigorous for those students looking for a challenge. There are opportunities available for those who strive to succeed. Success is not handed to students, they must work for it, and that is exactly how it should be. Being only a 7 mile train ride from the nation's capital and a 30 minute drive to Baltimore, it is not difficult to have fun either! The school is truly all-encompassing.

Learning is one of the most important things in our human lives and getting an education can not only help a student get into a meaningful career but education can also enhance any student's life. The cost of a quality education does keep some students from being able to further their learning; however, at my college, Western Piedmont, an excellent education can be attainted without a lot of financial stress. The best thing about Western Piedmont is that it is easily affordable while still providing a higher education for those who wish to takes steps toward their dreams.

I consider the best thing about my school is the James Clark School of Engineering. This engineering school is will allow me to complete my goal, which is to graduate from the University of Maryland with a degree in mechanical engineering. The engineering school is considered one of the best schools for engineering. The school teaches the students what they need to know, in order to accomplish what they want in life. The school also holds various events throughout the year to help the students. Finally without this school I would not be here at the University of Maryland.

Unquestionably, the best thing about this school is its school spirit. The fact that this university is so large may deter some potential students from attending, but they simply need to sit in the student section during a basketball game. From the long line forming in front of the arena hours before the start till the very end, watching Gary Williams talking to the reporters, students at the University of Maryland are united in support for the Terrapins. No matter how many students there are, there is an innate connection between all of us: pride in our school.

It is a highly respected research institution, we are doing cutting edge research that is published in magazines like Scientific American, and also because of this reputation there are a lot of famous intellectuals that come to give talks and lectures. Hearing from world famous individuals within academia is an opportunity that disappears once you leave school and not enough students take advantage of it. Between the close proximity to DC for internships and research opportunites, there is plenty of experience to be gained while one is still in school.

There are so many attributes that I love about the University of Maryland that makes this question rather difficult to answer but if I have to come down to one thing it would definitely be the diversity. Any school or instituition have their own level of challenging courses that all students must strive hard in to achieve good grades. I love the challenging courses that University of Maryland provides but the diversity is a reminder to myself that there are many others out there that are trying their best to make a place for themselves in the world,