North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

matilda

always remain focus because only you can do the work to get you there...your drive and determination are the only things that will get you to the end of the road. so always imagine how bad you want it and keep moving towards the prize...but as long as you stay focused the prize is the only thing you will be able to see because it will be many things that will or try to break you focus and steer you in other directions but remained focus on what you want in life.

Julie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college, I would tell my self that college is nothing like they show it on Tv. I would have told myself to study during the summer prior to the first year of college in order to prepare for the difficult freshmen classes that would await me. I would also tell myself to of take some challenging classes, such as honor classes that would benifit me during senior year. One important thing I would say to me is to not fall under peer pressure because "no one cares more about yourself more than you." One last thing that I would tell myself is to a well foundation on topics about my major before going into college. I am a Biology major and I always ask Myself "why didn't I take more chemistry courses?" I now realize that if only I had prepared for college instead of letting college prepare me, I would not be struggling sometimes just to get by. So knowing these things, I would have warned myself that "college is not school, college is your life."

The thing I consider to be the best at my school is the tutoring center. I like this because it gives students an opportunity to achieve success and do well accademically. The toturing center is open to all and does not limit any student from attending. They have numerous time scheduals that work perfectly with one's class schedual. I have to say that the toturing center is one of the reasons why I really love this school.

What I consider the worst about my school is the fact that students are allowed to smoke near the classroom entrances. Everytime I have to go to a class, I have to take a scent of burning cigarettes into my nose, which sometimes burns my nostrills. If there was anything that I could change at my school, it would be the privilege to smoke on near campus.

Bybiose

To really focus on my financial aid and scholarships and please do everything a head of time. I would also tell myself to be realistic and understand what I can do and can not do. Even though I already knew this I would tell myself to pick my major first and not go undecided.

I wish I knew the size , how the school is trully a four year college so you chould take 5-6 classes a semester and more about the coin program.

Any type of student can attend this school.

Mary

my classmates are very scared with each other no social contact

my classmates are very scared with each other no social contact

I would definitely tell myself to work harder in high school. Coming from a back ground of low income family I have learned a lot. But the most important lesson learn is to connect myself with more resources. I felt that I didn’t know a lot about colleges’ because my family status on education is very poor. I being the first to go to college did not know where to start or even how to apply. Looking back I wish I would have research more or ask more question about colleges and getting a career. All I knew was that I wanted to be successful and getting an education was the key to success. Finding the right resources is very important because it provides answers to my questions. So, looking back I wish I had more knowledge and the more resource to get a head start in life.

i think the most frustrating thins is that the school is more concern about how the school look like raher than helping student use the money towars finanial aids or making more study room available.

Chelsea

My school is filled with so many diverse people and clubs that make everyone feel at home.

As a current college student, there are so many things I wish I could have told my naive high school self. As a freshman, I wish I knew how much each individual test, quiz, and homework assignment really does count, and how fast it adds up to determine my own future. As a Junior, If I had started looking at colleges sooner, the process would have been much easier. Lastly I wish I had known that you can become anything you want. As a junior my Pre-Calculus teacher told me engineering as a major was out of my reach and that I could never become an engineer. Because of that teacher, I was down on myself for quite some time but once I realized how badly I really did want to be an engineer, I began applying to colleges. Now I know never to let anyone slow you down or stop you from what you want and I wish I could tel my high school self this.

The most difficult obstacle I have come across at my school is focusing on my work. Many other of my friends have different majors with much less homeowork and very easy exams. I have to put hours of studying and tutoring time in when I could be having fun with my friends. I'm glad I really do love my major and am able to focus because I want to do well in my classes.

Cassandra

I would tell myself to apply for any and every scholarship that came across my way because looking back on it now and seeing how much money some of my friends won from scholarships I knew that it could've been me also. I would force myself to write and revise all my potential scholarship essays better and continue to apply for them no matter how many I won. Because now with all the expenses that college has brought to me, I regret not having a couple more hundred dollars in my pocket to pay for books, supplies and fees. And I would make sure that the high school me would take advantage of every oppportunity that came my way.

I wish I had known that smoking on college campuses in general were this prevelant. I am not a smoker and I know the risks of second hand smoke so I was under the impression that the school would have designated areas for smokers to go to rather than being able to smoke anywhere at anytime on campus. Many people, like myself, have allergies and the smoke just makes everything worse for us.

Dagmawit

I would advice my self to work hard and do good with my school work. And also to apply more school so i could choose. I would also tell my self to apply for more scholarship and visit school that i am applying so i could see the campus life and the class room structure.

I wish i have known that MLS department would have told the students that they have a very small chance or do not have a chance to be a senior because of the lack of space in the laboratory.

Not having enough labratory space for upcoming senior but accepting lots of freshman.

Mohamad

My school is really famous for its marine-biology program. I am not even in that program but I know if I did want to be in a program like that then I would definetly come here for it.

Take highschool seriously. Listen to your teachers. Do all of your homework and projects and researches. Take the SATs more than once. Look up colleges and take tours of them. Ask people about their college and work experiences. Develop good study habits. Save money! Learn how to cook! Live life no regrets.

Someone who really wants to get away from home. Someone who owns a car to get around. Someone who likes nature. Someone who likes peace and quiet. Someone who likes a relaxed enviornment. Someone who likes being in large classes. Someone who would like a big campus versus a smaller one.

Evan

A large difference in students across majors. Engineering, nursing, and biology are known to be very hard, so students of these majors are more academically focused. The liberal arts and business majors seem to have a lighter workload and therefore more social time.

Everyone seems to be very accepting of each other, making it very easy to find new friends and keep old ones. There is such a variety of personalities that it is highly likely you will find people that you will fit in well with.

Don't stress out about what life will be like as a college student. The reality is that its just another stage of life, and it certainly is no more drastic than the change from middle school to high school. Your peers will be more mature than they were in 9th grade and they will be going through the same life change. In high school you teachers may not have recognized your individual motivations and talents, but your college professors will respect you as an accomplished adult with a purpose in life. Over the next four years of college they will come to see you more as a peer and less of a student. Although immense, the freedom you will obtain must be respected for what it is. The authentic freedom gained from college is the ability to tell the world who you really are. Your college experience will act as a pencil sharperner for your life. Depending on how you manage yourself you'll emerge as a fully defined pencil ready for a specific task or a piece of wood dulled by improper use. Work hard but enjoy college as is and everything will fall into place.

Chris

My classmates studied just as hard as I did, but also enjoyed going out and having a good time.

Although college is about growing your education and knowledge, I believe it more beneficial for personal growth and the transition from youth to adult. I would advise myself to always say yes to social activites and be as out going as possible. Go out with friends, meet new people down the hall and in classes, even if you are alittle uncomfortable. It is very important to do you work in school, but if you can rush through your homework to go out with your friends I'd say do it. I'm not saying don't do your school work, but I do believe time spent with friends is just as crucial to college. Its not the times in class that you remember most, but the time spent with friend.

Non-engineering students have a much larger social life then engineers, and sometimes it is hard to stay focused on studying

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.