North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Dagmawit

I would advice my self to work hard and do good with my school work. And also to apply more school so i could choose. I would also tell my self to apply for more scholarship and visit school that i am applying so i could see the campus life and the class room structure.

I wish i have known that MLS department would have told the students that they have a very small chance or do not have a chance to be a senior because of the lack of space in the laboratory.

Not having enough labratory space for upcoming senior but accepting lots of freshman.

Mohamad

My school is really famous for its marine-biology program. I am not even in that program but I know if I did want to be in a program like that then I would definetly come here for it.

Take highschool seriously. Listen to your teachers. Do all of your homework and projects and researches. Take the SATs more than once. Look up colleges and take tours of them. Ask people about their college and work experiences. Develop good study habits. Save money! Learn how to cook! Live life no regrets.

Someone who really wants to get away from home. Someone who owns a car to get around. Someone who likes nature. Someone who likes peace and quiet. Someone who likes a relaxed enviornment. Someone who likes being in large classes. Someone who would like a big campus versus a smaller one.

Evan

A large difference in students across majors. Engineering, nursing, and biology are known to be very hard, so students of these majors are more academically focused. The liberal arts and business majors seem to have a lighter workload and therefore more social time.

Everyone seems to be very accepting of each other, making it very easy to find new friends and keep old ones. There is such a variety of personalities that it is highly likely you will find people that you will fit in well with.

Don't stress out about what life will be like as a college student. The reality is that its just another stage of life, and it certainly is no more drastic than the change from middle school to high school. Your peers will be more mature than they were in 9th grade and they will be going through the same life change. In high school you teachers may not have recognized your individual motivations and talents, but your college professors will respect you as an accomplished adult with a purpose in life. Over the next four years of college they will come to see you more as a peer and less of a student. Although immense, the freedom you will obtain must be respected for what it is. The authentic freedom gained from college is the ability to tell the world who you really are. Your college experience will act as a pencil sharperner for your life. Depending on how you manage yourself you'll emerge as a fully defined pencil ready for a specific task or a piece of wood dulled by improper use. Work hard but enjoy college as is and everything will fall into place.

Chris

My classmates studied just as hard as I did, but also enjoyed going out and having a good time.

Although college is about growing your education and knowledge, I believe it more beneficial for personal growth and the transition from youth to adult. I would advise myself to always say yes to social activites and be as out going as possible. Go out with friends, meet new people down the hall and in classes, even if you are alittle uncomfortable. It is very important to do you work in school, but if you can rush through your homework to go out with your friends I'd say do it. I'm not saying don't do your school work, but I do believe time spent with friends is just as crucial to college. Its not the times in class that you remember most, but the time spent with friend.

Non-engineering students have a much larger social life then engineers, and sometimes it is hard to stay focused on studying

Jeffrey

UMass Dartmouth is a school of many values and cultures.

UMass Dartmouth is a school of many values and cultures.

Most of my classmates have been helpful and cooperative, though many could be described as eccentric.

"So I do end up building that time machine?" "Of course." "Why did you come back to talk to me? Haven't we always dreamed of going to Japan's Edo Period?" "Yeah, I'll do that later. Listen, I have some important things to tell you about college." "What's that?" "Don't take yourself too seriously." "Why do you say that?" "You'll miss out on friends and opportunities." "Wow, look at me. I mean, you almost seem wise. What else did you want to tell me?" "Relax. Do the coursework and then just relax when the tests come. You already know enough. Worry only causes wrinkles." "But what if I fail?" "You won't, not unless you worry. The nerves will take away your focus." "Is that all?" "No, there's one last thing." "I'm listening." "Keep working on that time machine."

Our school is best known for it's diverse programs and affordibility. Most students that attend UMass Dartmouth have homes that are close by. A lot of students choose to attend UMass Dartmouth because of its location also. While it is not in a completely urban area, everything you could possibly need is close by.

I have only been through one semester of college but I have already learned many valuable life lessons. In college, just like a "real world" type job, you are informed when important assignments are due but you are not constantly reminded. It is important to write these assignments down or keep a mental note of them so that they are not forgotten about. Also, you must be able to manage your time well. For example, when you graduate and obtain a job say it is one that involve going through a computer system and shipping items to a reat number of people. If someone of higher authority tells you that you must ship "list #4" today, you must keep that in mind, and don't forget! You will not be reminded throughout the day. Then in that list there are 500 customers. You must move a swift pace because there is not enough time where you can just kick back and relax. You must know how to manage your time so that you can get everything you need to get done, done on time! Those are the two MOST IMPORTANT and most valuable things that I have learned so far.

The best thing about UMass Dartmouth is the number of majors they offer to students. They have many options and unlike some other well - known schools, if you decide you don't like your declared major after a semester or two you can switch. However, if you attend a school that is strictly focused on engineering, for example, that change may become a lot more difficult.

Michelle

My college experience has allowed me to become a better person, not only for myself but for my children as well. I strive everyday to be the best and do my best in everything. I have been known as 'the over achiever' and take pride in those words. I push hard in every direction and encourage others to do the same. In my college journeys, I have found myself being a leader and helping others succeed in what ever they put their minds to. I enjoy helping anyone who needs extra guidence or hand in a journey of their own. I have found that my efforts have shown my kids to strive for everything their minds could imagine. I have finally became that role model that I have always dreamed of for my kids. My college experience has changed me for life. It has changed me for the better and will make me the best at all I attempt in life.

Vanessa

I have gotten an amazing education and met the most incredible people. I feel like I learn something new every day, which is extremely important to me.

People that want the most bang for their buck

My college experience has been amazing. I have gained insight into what is really important in life. It's not all about going to parties and having fun. It is about pushing yourself to the limit to achieve you dream. My ultimate dream is to become a Nurse Practitioner. I am on my way to becoming an RN, and from there I will continue until I reach my goal. Being in nursing school has made me grow up fast and realize how important an education really is. No one can ever take an education away from you. Along the way I have made great friends and met some amazing people who have helped me get through some of the toughest years of my life. In conclusion, my college experience has awarded me with great friends, maturity, a tremendous amount of knowledge, and above all, has helped me in the process of acheiving my dream.

The nursing program is great. The teachers are very knowledgable and the students are goal oriented and intelligent.

A hardworking, goal oriented person who is willing to put in the extra effort.

nathalia

I have learned that it is necessary to have a college degree to have a better paying job. And also many employers pick college graduates over high school graduates, and college graduates are more likely to make more money.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.