North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Chris

My classmates studied just as hard as I did, but also enjoyed going out and having a good time.

Although college is about growing your education and knowledge, I believe it more beneficial for personal growth and the transition from youth to adult. I would advise myself to always say yes to social activites and be as out going as possible. Go out with friends, meet new people down the hall and in classes, even if you are alittle uncomfortable. It is very important to do you work in school, but if you can rush through your homework to go out with your friends I'd say do it. I'm not saying don't do your school work, but I do believe time spent with friends is just as crucial to college. Its not the times in class that you remember most, but the time spent with friend.

Non-engineering students have a much larger social life then engineers, and sometimes it is hard to stay focused on studying

Jeffrey

UMass Dartmouth is a school of many values and cultures.

UMass Dartmouth is a school of many values and cultures.

Most of my classmates have been helpful and cooperative, though many could be described as eccentric.

"So I do end up building that time machine?" "Of course." "Why did you come back to talk to me? Haven't we always dreamed of going to Japan's Edo Period?" "Yeah, I'll do that later. Listen, I have some important things to tell you about college." "What's that?" "Don't take yourself too seriously." "Why do you say that?" "You'll miss out on friends and opportunities." "Wow, look at me. I mean, you almost seem wise. What else did you want to tell me?" "Relax. Do the coursework and then just relax when the tests come. You already know enough. Worry only causes wrinkles." "But what if I fail?" "You won't, not unless you worry. The nerves will take away your focus." "Is that all?" "No, there's one last thing." "I'm listening." "Keep working on that time machine."

Our school is best known for it's diverse programs and affordibility. Most students that attend UMass Dartmouth have homes that are close by. A lot of students choose to attend UMass Dartmouth because of its location also. While it is not in a completely urban area, everything you could possibly need is close by.

I have only been through one semester of college but I have already learned many valuable life lessons. In college, just like a "real world" type job, you are informed when important assignments are due but you are not constantly reminded. It is important to write these assignments down or keep a mental note of them so that they are not forgotten about. Also, you must be able to manage your time well. For example, when you graduate and obtain a job say it is one that involve going through a computer system and shipping items to a reat number of people. If someone of higher authority tells you that you must ship "list #4" today, you must keep that in mind, and don't forget! You will not be reminded throughout the day. Then in that list there are 500 customers. You must move a swift pace because there is not enough time where you can just kick back and relax. You must know how to manage your time so that you can get everything you need to get done, done on time! Those are the two MOST IMPORTANT and most valuable things that I have learned so far.

The best thing about UMass Dartmouth is the number of majors they offer to students. They have many options and unlike some other well - known schools, if you decide you don't like your declared major after a semester or two you can switch. However, if you attend a school that is strictly focused on engineering, for example, that change may become a lot more difficult.

Michelle

My college experience has allowed me to become a better person, not only for myself but for my children as well. I strive everyday to be the best and do my best in everything. I have been known as 'the over achiever' and take pride in those words. I push hard in every direction and encourage others to do the same. In my college journeys, I have found myself being a leader and helping others succeed in what ever they put their minds to. I enjoy helping anyone who needs extra guidence or hand in a journey of their own. I have found that my efforts have shown my kids to strive for everything their minds could imagine. I have finally became that role model that I have always dreamed of for my kids. My college experience has changed me for life. It has changed me for the better and will make me the best at all I attempt in life.

Vanessa

I have gotten an amazing education and met the most incredible people. I feel like I learn something new every day, which is extremely important to me.

People that want the most bang for their buck

My college experience has been amazing. I have gained insight into what is really important in life. It's not all about going to parties and having fun. It is about pushing yourself to the limit to achieve you dream. My ultimate dream is to become a Nurse Practitioner. I am on my way to becoming an RN, and from there I will continue until I reach my goal. Being in nursing school has made me grow up fast and realize how important an education really is. No one can ever take an education away from you. Along the way I have made great friends and met some amazing people who have helped me get through some of the toughest years of my life. In conclusion, my college experience has awarded me with great friends, maturity, a tremendous amount of knowledge, and above all, has helped me in the process of acheiving my dream.

The nursing program is great. The teachers are very knowledgable and the students are goal oriented and intelligent.

A hardworking, goal oriented person who is willing to put in the extra effort.

nathalia

I have learned that it is necessary to have a college degree to have a better paying job. And also many employers pick college graduates over high school graduates, and college graduates are more likely to make more money.

laura

I have gotton a lot of of my college experience, between classes and the social life I am a new and different person. I know who I am, where I am going, and what is important to me. I have learned how to be independent but still know how to ask for help when I need it. I have learned further information on important topics like morals, health, laws, and writing. I have learned how to live and cooperate with other people around me on daily basis. I have learned why education is so important, if I want to succeed I need to continue my education. I have gotton good grades for doing hard work and realized it is really rewarding. I have made friends that I feel will last a life time. I have gotton involved in my school and found that it is enjoyable to be apart of the community.

The worst thing about my school is the atmosphere. It is really depressing like a jail cell.

Rashida

The unique thing about this school is how financially affordable it is and it is also in a great location there are so many job opprotunites available nearby.

College is a great learning experiance. You not only learn things from books but you also learn about life and yourself. Everyone changes in college because it is such a fufilling experiance I honestly see no reason why one should not attend college.

The best thing about this school is the opprotunites. There are amazing professers here and so many internships available.

Justine

I began college immediately after highschool. I assumed it was "just the next step". I was told that I "had to go in order to get a good job". I went to college to become a nurse. In the four years that I attended I became more than a nurse. I became an individual, an independant young woman will career goals and aspirations. In the four years I attended college I made lifelong friends, I bacame oriented to student govronment and played a large role in public relations within my campus. Had I opted out of going to college, I would not have had the opportunity to be as succesful as I am today. College teaches a young person discipline, time management, prioritization and socialization. A college education is invaluable in today's economy and had I not attended, I would not have a successful career as a registered nurse or aspirations to become a nurse educator.

There is no one kind of person that should attend this school. It is made for everyone. There are hundreds of campus organizations, sports and recreational activities to participate in. You just have to be willing to join!

UMASS Dartmouth is a very large campus, so initially it is difficult to figure out where your classes are located. Once you get the hang of all of the buildings, it is a peice of cake... all of the buildings are set up similarly!

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.