Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin-Madison

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Madison

Casey

To find the right college, I would say just go with your instincts. Visit the schools you are considering and see where you could picture yourself (or your child). I had absolutely no clue where I wanted to go to school but once I stepped onto the campus at UW-Madison I could see myself there and felt the most comfortable. Don't waste time comparing ratings, choose the school where you feel most at home. To make the most out of the college experience, realize that grades are not the most important thing (they may be important if you are trying to attend graduate school after, but they are not your only priority). Personally, I believe my college experience was more valuable socially than academically. I don't mean to downplay Madison's academic excellence- I just think the life-long friends I made are more valuable than anything I may have learned.

Probably the lack of diversity - it is a great school and I absolutely love it but it is wrong that mostly all of the minorities on campus are on sports teams and have been recruited. We need more diversity!

Emmanuel

Classmates were very driven students who were very career conscience. They were the most competitive students a fellow student could ask for because they required that you push yourself to your maximum potential.

The most important factor to consider when visiting a college to determine if it is a best fit for you, is talking with current students, not just the tour guides. Interacting with students and asking them how much they enjoy the college is the best feedback you could get when determining the how other students feel about the decision they made in attending that prospective university. You can read a students body language and facial expressions when describing how they feel about their school. Typically wide smiles clue you into the fact that they are enjoying their college experience. While college is about getting the best education, it is also about developing as a person. Being away from home for the first time gives a person a sense of individualism that makes them realize they are now on their own. College is about experiencing many different things to find out who you truly are. Make the most of your college days, because one day you're going to look back on them and realize you would not want to change a single thing about those days. Live, learn, and discover who you are.

How amazing the atmosphere is. UW-Madison is such an amazing college town. There is so much to do in the city when looking to take a break from your academics. It was once voted the number one party school in the nation, which means we know how to party and have a good time.

Emma

In high school, I had convinced myself there was one university I belonged at. Unfortunately (or rather fortunately for me) upon visiting this instiution, I realized it was not the school for me. Conversely, after visiting a school I had not focused much of my attention on, I realized it very much was the perfect school for me. To truly gauge a school, it is imperative that applicants visit before making such a crucial, life-altering decision. It is only when visitng a school that a prospective student can really sense and feel what a school is about, and possibly see themselves there in the future.

The school spirit here is incomprarable.

The student-proliferated segregation of in-state and out of state students.

andrew

stay on top of your work early, it is very easy to get behind

stay on top of your work early, it is very easy to get behind

weigh all your options, think about your priorities first, and be excited to grow up and mature and learn about yourself.

weather. very cold, makes you not want to go to class.

Picking the right college to go to is one of the most difficult decisions that I have ever made. I chose to forgo a large scholarship to attend the University that I am currently an undergraduate at. I also chose to go out of state. I know that it seems strange, but there really is a feeling of "rightness" when I stepped on the campus for the first time. The biggest piece of advice that I can give is to keep your mind open. Don't worry too much about finances, and never give up on the school of your dreams. As far as making the most of the experience, make sure you get involved with at least a small group your first semester. Stay in the dorms for 2 years ( I know it sucks...but then you really know people well enough to say if you can live with them or not), and just because you now have a huge amount of freedom, don't let classes slip so you can have fun. In the long run, it really is about finding a balance between work and play and once you do you'll love being in college.

Sometimes it seems to focus more on the sporting events when it comes to the funding instead of the school bulidings.

Someone who can't handle lots of competition, work and large lectures.

Yao

Great scholarships available. Advisors were very helpful and advising me about the various majors available on campus. There are posters about how to be environmentally friendly hung around campus. Most people who attend this school are valedictorians. There are high expectations to do well here.

Visit the campus. If you like how it feels when you are there, attend it.

Campus is beautiful. There are a lot of resources available for help. Classmates and Friends are always there for you. You definitely get to learn a lot about yourself here.

Ryan

Wisconsin kids (sconnies) and east coast jews

Wisconsin kids (sconnies) and east coast jews

Go to a local bar college with your child for lunch, sit at the bar and just talk to the bartender and people around you. You will get the most honest opinion of the area, and certain tips about what to see to help you make up your mind.

Lack of career placement for east coast students

Jason

When searching for a college that is right for the prospective student, it is important to look at all the school has to offer and also to look at the surrounding community. Looking up the statistics of schools can give insight to what the classes may be like and if the college is affordable for the degree that will be seeked. Not only are the classes important but the living area also since that will have a massive impact on the student's life and ability to learn/study. If the city is too big or small for the student, then he or she may feel out of place which would in effect be harmful to their studies. Also having access to stores and entertainment can provide the student with necessities and a way to relieve stress. A general rule to go by is that if the student will be happy in their environment then everything else should fall into place.

A person who is strongly motivated, goal oriented and in search for a job after college should definitely research this university.

Blake

It is a wonderful campus environment that allows you to create your own niche based on your interests and goals.

Finding the right college has many factors associated with it. I believe that the quality of education you receive at a college is based primarily on your own desire to learn and educate yourself. The college is only there to provide you with the tools for your future, it cannot force you to learn or to gain experience. I suggest looking for the college that will most closely match your own needs and desires as you perceive them. Do not expect college to fulfill desires for you that you are not willing to work for though.

More about what I wanted from my future. All of the choices were available to me and the only thing tht limited me was the fact that I was unsure at first of what i wanted to do in my life.

University of Wisconsin-Madison administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.