Stevens Point, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Kailyn

I think it's okay. Some professors and staff are helpful, some are not. Parking sucks. I live an hour away so don't know about the housing. They just made online classes have a $50 per credit fee which sucks. I don't know what things there are to do on campus, as I don't live there.

The lack of support if you've had a bad semester.

Summera
A lot to offer

A lot to offer

The food and dorms may not be the best, but the school itself is amazing. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved and to learn. There are a ton of leadership opportunities offered.

The most unique thing about the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point that that we make a serious effort to lesson our impact on this planet. This starts with garbage/recycling cans, dorm programs. Everywhere on campus there are subtle signs that remind us to lessen our impact. This is something that all universities do of course, but UWSP excels in every aspect to invole each student and faculty member to be green.

I do not need 200 words to answer this question. I would simply say to myself: "Go get 'em tiger."

The best thing about the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point is that it creates a moment when a high school steps onto this campus for the first time during a tour. I had this moment. This moment feels like home. UWSP makes every person feel at home and comfertable in their surroundings. When I was on my tour I didn't feel like I was on a tour. I felt as though I was walking the paths that I had always walked, even though I hadn't before. UWSP feels like home.

Kalena

I'm not sure what the stereotype of students at UWSP is. Perhaps that everyone drinks and parties a lot, not always true! Or that it is full of rednecks and country hicks, which is also definitely not true!

Bethany

My classmates are focused, driven academics ready to get out and make a difference.

The advice I would give myself is keep your head down your freshman year and observe the dymanics that are so different from high school. Do not try to skate through classes but put in the effort to do well in the first-year classes because it only gets harder from there. Do not get into trouble and find a group of people that share your beliefs and will be a good supposrt system. Having good friends you can vent to makes all the difference when things get rough.

The academics are the best thing about school because all the professors I have collaberated with are willing to work with me and help me understand the material when I need help. Most of the professors are very approachable.

Christina

Life goes by so fast, just take it all in and enjoy the moment that you are in. Every time you have an opportunity to learn, go for it, knowledge is power. We must all maintain an open mind because nobody knows everything, and we can all learn from the people we least expect to help expand our horizons.

How quickly the staff responds to our needs. They are extremely responsive and put our own needs before their own.

Finding time to make sure all school work is completed.

Carey

The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP) is best known for its natural resource program that gets national attention especially in the paper making program. Graduates of the natural resource program are (almost) guaranteed a in their respected field. The students with outstanding grades and commitment to the field have a job six months prior to graduation which speaks volumes to the program. UWSP is a green university and receives multiple grants from energy companies and or government programs all put together by the natural resource students and faculty.

The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is unique in two different ways that no other University could offer. First, the University strives on personal wellness for each student, faculty member, and the surrounding community. The first week and last week of every semester UWSP gives free massages, gym memberships, and other club memberships promote healthy living and a positive stress relief. Secondly, the faculty is student centered in and out of class that they become someone you would invite to your wedding. They care about your academic path and provide aid for your journey.

Carey! I only have two hundred words to prepare you for college and our future this upcoming fall! You will graduate in six years with three majors in Broad-field Social Science, History, and Political Science with international honors society memberships in each one. Upon graduation you will be an awesome long-term substitute teacher for the Wauapaca School District in which the faculty and student body will admire and want to hire you! Two years out of school you will become the Alternative Education-At Risk teacher for Merrill High School that has pushed failing students to graduate high school and go on to college! Without you, they would have failed and dropped out of high school! That’s pretty impressive don’t get me wrong! My advice to you is to enjoy your college experience by attending school functions as much as you can. In your six years at college you attended ZERO school functions. You spent your whole time studying and working forty hours a week which left zero time to enjoy college. College life is one thing I can’t get back and wish I could! Listen closely: Please enjoy college life and take my advice.

Molly

This school is perfect for a environmentalist.

This school is perfect for a environmentalist.

I would tell my high school senior self that "Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back." Don't be afraid to pursue your interests, even if others don't share the same interests or think your interests are strange. Put your happiness first, not your parents', friends', or professors'. Curiosity is the main driver for all your endeavors so don't squander the "free time" you have in college and instead take the time to explore all the questions you have. College is really about egocentrism, we are there to learn about ourselves and the topics that interest us. We need to make it about us, stay in our own hula-hoop and breakdown the monstrousity of a task that completing a college degree is so as not to overwhelm ourselves worrying about the future. Focusing on our fascinations in life is the most beneficial way to approach college, and I would advise my high school senior self to pursue my curiosities and push away anybody else's opinion. It's your life and your choice what you do with it.

Lorelei

“College”? You mean “challenge”. Right now, you’ve got a bad case of Senioritis that’s going to need some heavy TLC in the fall when you head to college. Remember when you started high school and didn’t know anyone? That’s college, but at three times bigger, and way weirder. Remember how easy algebra class was? Not when you’re learning quantitative statistics and measuring the area under a curve in calculus. Most importantly, remember coming home to dinner, completing homework is less than an hour, and then chatting with your friends all night? The dog days are over when you have multiple exams in a single week. Mental preparation isn’t enough to combat the rigors of higher learning. You won’t get to sleep in. You’ll barely see your friends and family. You are going to be hungry all the time . Unless your precious hours are used for work instead of sleeping or studying, you’re going to be completely broke, and in debt. “Why put myself through all that stress?” you’ll ask. “Because,” I’ll respond. “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. And I know you can’t resist a challenge.”

I did not know that there were a huge variety of clubs devoted to protecting our environment, promoting sustainability, and encouraging development for green careers, wildlife conservation, and water resources. As a whole, they are not only devoted to what happens on campus, but what happens in the community and world around us, often reaching out to the citizens of Wisconsin to listen to their presentations and welcoming public particpation in the many events they hold throughout the year. They want everyone to understand how critical our natural resources are to human lifestyles.

You could call my school "po-dunk", if you'd like. While we're a college with a small city, we're surrounded by farms and forests; essentially, the middle of nowhere. Boredom is the soul-sucking con of this area, and there really isn't much to do if you're not an outdoorsy person. However, you do learn to appreciate nature with the forest preserve close by, and waking up to the sounds of birds chirping in the morning and the wind rustling through the trees instead of rumbling cars or wailing sirens in your dorm.

Rebecca

My school was rated number one for not only being the greenest campus around but we are well known for all environmental classes here.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, the first thing I'd do is slap myself and say "stay focused and be positive." Things can be very stressful at times and I need to remember to enjoy the little things. When life becomes too overwhelming, to stop and think before jumping into a decision. Most of all I'd admit to myself that life is about making mistakes and I will probably make many. As long as I learn from those mistakes is what's important.

Someone whose well balanced. Someone who can find the proper combination of being hard working in classes, and being a social butterfly out in public.

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.