Stevens Point, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Emma

I love going to school here. I have a great number of opportunities to be involved and further my educational and career goals. The community of the University is close but has a wide range of people and interest that one is sure to find what they are looking for.

Brianne

Overall, it's a diverse campus with something for everyone the dorms may be a hard place to meet friends but people will never say no to an extra player for a game of ultimate of basketball. There's plenty of groups and organizations to find a home at. There's also plenty of dining options on campus as well as off campus so you'll never starve.

Kailyn

I think it's okay. Some professors and staff are helpful, some are not. Parking sucks. I live an hour away so don't know about the housing. They just made online classes have a $50 per credit fee which sucks. I don't know what things there are to do on campus, as I don't live there.

The lack of support if you've had a bad semester.

Summera
A lot to offer

A lot to offer

The food and dorms may not be the best, but the school itself is amazing. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved and to learn. There are a ton of leadership opportunities offered.

The most unique thing about the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point that that we make a serious effort to lesson our impact on this planet. This starts with garbage/recycling cans, dorm programs. Everywhere on campus there are subtle signs that remind us to lessen our impact. This is something that all universities do of course, but UWSP excels in every aspect to invole each student and faculty member to be green.

I do not need 200 words to answer this question. I would simply say to myself: "Go get 'em tiger."

The best thing about the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point is that it creates a moment when a high school steps onto this campus for the first time during a tour. I had this moment. This moment feels like home. UWSP makes every person feel at home and comfertable in their surroundings. When I was on my tour I didn't feel like I was on a tour. I felt as though I was walking the paths that I had always walked, even though I hadn't before. UWSP feels like home.

Kalena

I'm not sure what the stereotype of students at UWSP is. Perhaps that everyone drinks and parties a lot, not always true! Or that it is full of rednecks and country hicks, which is also definitely not true!

Bethany

My classmates are focused, driven academics ready to get out and make a difference.

The advice I would give myself is keep your head down your freshman year and observe the dymanics that are so different from high school. Do not try to skate through classes but put in the effort to do well in the first-year classes because it only gets harder from there. Do not get into trouble and find a group of people that share your beliefs and will be a good supposrt system. Having good friends you can vent to makes all the difference when things get rough.

The academics are the best thing about school because all the professors I have collaberated with are willing to work with me and help me understand the material when I need help. Most of the professors are very approachable.

Christina

Life goes by so fast, just take it all in and enjoy the moment that you are in. Every time you have an opportunity to learn, go for it, knowledge is power. We must all maintain an open mind because nobody knows everything, and we can all learn from the people we least expect to help expand our horizons.

How quickly the staff responds to our needs. They are extremely responsive and put our own needs before their own.

Finding time to make sure all school work is completed.

Carey

The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP) is best known for its natural resource program that gets national attention especially in the paper making program. Graduates of the natural resource program are (almost) guaranteed a in their respected field. The students with outstanding grades and commitment to the field have a job six months prior to graduation which speaks volumes to the program. UWSP is a green university and receives multiple grants from energy companies and or government programs all put together by the natural resource students and faculty.

The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is unique in two different ways that no other University could offer. First, the University strives on personal wellness for each student, faculty member, and the surrounding community. The first week and last week of every semester UWSP gives free massages, gym memberships, and other club memberships promote healthy living and a positive stress relief. Secondly, the faculty is student centered in and out of class that they become someone you would invite to your wedding. They care about your academic path and provide aid for your journey.

Carey! I only have two hundred words to prepare you for college and our future this upcoming fall! You will graduate in six years with three majors in Broad-field Social Science, History, and Political Science with international honors society memberships in each one. Upon graduation you will be an awesome long-term substitute teacher for the Wauapaca School District in which the faculty and student body will admire and want to hire you! Two years out of school you will become the Alternative Education-At Risk teacher for Merrill High School that has pushed failing students to graduate high school and go on to college! Without you, they would have failed and dropped out of high school! That’s pretty impressive don’t get me wrong! My advice to you is to enjoy your college experience by attending school functions as much as you can. In your six years at college you attended ZERO school functions. You spent your whole time studying and working forty hours a week which left zero time to enjoy college. College life is one thing I can’t get back and wish I could! Listen closely: Please enjoy college life and take my advice.

Molly

This school is perfect for a environmentalist.

This school is perfect for a environmentalist.

I would tell my high school senior self that "Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back." Don't be afraid to pursue your interests, even if others don't share the same interests or think your interests are strange. Put your happiness first, not your parents', friends', or professors'. Curiosity is the main driver for all your endeavors so don't squander the "free time" you have in college and instead take the time to explore all the questions you have. College is really about egocentrism, we are there to learn about ourselves and the topics that interest us. We need to make it about us, stay in our own hula-hoop and breakdown the monstrousity of a task that completing a college degree is so as not to overwhelm ourselves worrying about the future. Focusing on our fascinations in life is the most beneficial way to approach college, and I would advise my high school senior self to pursue my curiosities and push away anybody else's opinion. It's your life and your choice what you do with it.

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.