Stevens Point, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Shannon

UWSP is an environment-first mid-sizzed school with involved faculty and active students.

Enjoy every minute because you only get to live each day once. Never stop pushing to be the best you can be and you will be surprised at what you can accomplish. Use all the resources you have, because someone else already wishes they had. Don't be afraid to speak up-there's no such thing as a stupid question. Call your parents ! They will miss you , you will miss them, and they make really good care packages. If it all gets to be too much and you don't know what to do, stop and really think about whre you want to go. If your decision won't matter in ten years, don't sweat it and save yourself the cortisol. Never be afraid to let everyone see you try, because if you aren't trying at life, you aren't really living at all.

UWSP is midsized so professors are accessible but it is big enough for some diversity in te professors, students, and opportunities offered.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would reasure myself that going to a community college would be worth it. It not only saves money but it's a great transition into college life. Also to use every resource I can, the tutoring center or get to know the teacher if possible, it prepares you for any kind of homework or tests that get thrown at you. The biggest advice I would give to myself as a senior going into college would be to have fun with it and not to work so much. I felt like my whole community collge experience was full of two jobs, volunteering at the hospital and being a full time student. I am greatful I got to have all those opportunities but I wish I would have just taken some time to be a kid and have fun, but the college experience is not over. I will take all of this advice with me to the university and remember to keep my heads in the books and get good grades but not to be afraid to take it out for an occasional fun college adventure.

Heidi

University of Wisconsin Stevens Point is a small-town, friendly, inviting, accessible college that provides all basic needs of succeeding in your college career.

Dear 18 year old me,I know you are uncertain of what lays ahead, but I want you to exude the self-confidence that radiates through you, even when you don’t feel it. You will arrive at various forks in the road, hurdles in your path. I want you to hold on strong to your morals and have faith that you will prevail, even when it seems impossible. Stay focused, and dedicated. Keep your sense of good judgment and hold your standards high. Speak up when things bother you, dare to stand out, be the first and be a leader. Do something that scares you everyday, push through those uncomfortable experiences. I know you be tempted to quit, but endure because in the end the sense of personal growth and accomplishment is a high that will cause you to “raise the bar” higher, continuing to develop into a strong, confident member of the professional world. Relish the moments helping others, and recognize that it makes you feel complete. Overall, maintain your sense of humility, you’re going to be fine.Your Later Self.

Individuals that prefer the big-city feel with sky scrappers, malls and 24-hour hustle and bustle, in addition, those whom expect the campus to be busy on the weekends. Those that prefer large lecture halls and numerous teaching assistants that will not remember their name. Unfriendly, negative individuals will not enjoy this school. Those that do not like nature and green environmental focus.

Hillary

If I would go back in time to help my high school self out I would have studied more. I wish I could go back in time and do so much better in high school, that way I could have gone to a better school and been able to get more scholarships. I also would go back and join more clubs and have volunteered even more. On top of all of that I also would have saved my money instead of speeding it on useless things. But there is no going back, there's only looking forward. It's not about what we did in the past, it's about what we choose to do with our future.

Anyone with low income or looking for a place to continue their education should come here. It's mainly a natural science school but they have plenty of other majors as well.

I brag about the location of the campus and how pretty it is year round.

Nathan

Pick the college that you feel you can benefit from the most. Also pick a school that you can see yourself attending for a few years. The main reason that you are spending this amount of money is to get the best education that you can. That is why that should be the first priority. The second priority should be if you are able to see yourself enjoying the campus itself. You are going to be living there for almost a full year at a time so it is important to enjoy the place that you are at. This is the best advice i could give myself and any other senior about how to choose a college that is right for you. Advice for making it in college is to study harder then you ever have before and turn all assignments in on the due date.

The types of people that shouldn't come to UWSP are people who don't want to interact with anyone at all. There is so much going on around campus that it is pretty hard not to get involved in some way.

The most frustrating thing about UWSP is printing homework and having to turn in hard copies of an assignment along with turning it in online.

Dakotah

The classmates were very helpful, especially as a freshman. College is a new thing for everyone and it felt nice to know that I could go up to someone and ask them a question that seemed pointless even though they happened to be thinking the same thing you were. It is a smaller university which made it easier to get to know classmates better.

To study more. Make sure that I don't slack off my senior year because it is very important for the future and it is very beneficial. Whether it be for scholarships or what not, colleges still look at your high school grades, and definitely be involved. Especially in volunteer work. Colleges always ask what you have been involved in may it be volunteer work or paid work. It is very beneficial to step aside from thinking of yourself and think about others. You might learn something along the way.

I think the worst thing about the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is that you kind of feel like a number more than a person, especially if you came from a small high school. In high school, teachers made sure you got your homework down and were on task, but in college, I only had one professor actually remember my name and it felt difficult to fit in.

Alexander

When they said to buckle down and really start looking, they meant it. It's not the cliche you think it is. You have to follow what it is you feel you should do, no matter how unrealistic it sounds, because when it gets down to the wire you still have to make the choice about what to do, and the career's perspective pay will become secondary. Do what YOU need to do and don't wait a minute to get started.

Catherine

The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is incredibly fun, diverse, professional and full of different opportunities for students whether it be through school programs, clubs or classes.

This school has such a huge variety of majors and minors it's easy to explore and find your perfect fit. Also the study abroad program is sensational! there are so many options all the time throughout the year that gave me the opportunities that I wanted.

STUDY! Do not allow yourself to get so wrapped up with everything else that is happening on campus. The college experience is not what your paying for, it's the education you are paying for. But at the same time don't be scared to get out there and meet new people and try things you have never tried before. So while making sure to keep academics your number one priority, get the experience of trying new things in a new place with new people so you don't miss out on any of it.

Christiaan

It is a good school that allows students to learn while at the same time have fun.

I have gotten many things through my college experience. I have learned that more about my self then anything. Because I have been on my own I have learned to make the most of my obilities. I have also learned or better discovered how to be a hard worker and apply my skills in the class room. It has been valuable for me to attend college because of the experience that I have had. Through the experience that I have had I have been able to learn much more about my-self and the world. It has given me better perspective on my out look on life and I am sure my ideas and values will evolve as I continue on my college experience.

That the school is full of real, helpful people that are their for you to help you succeed. I also tell them that the people at UWSP are very down to earth and have a good perspective on things.

Travis

A great school to make friends both in and out of the classroom while also furthering you eduaction.

I have learned so much in my three and a half years. I have learned to be a better writer, researcher and studier. I believe my selection of UW-Stevens Point was the best choice I have made because they give me ample opportunities to succeed in these areas. I have also been able to make great friends and undoubtedly will keep contact with them after graduation. The atmosphere around the campus and the classroom makes this a place I will remember for the rest of my life.

It is a very friendly school that is easy to make friends with. The professors are excellent and they are always there if you have questions or are struggling with a class. I encourage them to come and visit becasue they will see how nice of a campus it actually is.

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.