Western New England University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western New England University

Kylie

It has been a great and fun experience thus far. I am very pleased with my choice of major being Forensic Biology. This major is quite limited in choice of colleges and I am thrilled that WNEU offers this major to its students. It is challenging with its science and math courses and also a rewarding experience overall! Come to WNEU you will not be disappointed!

Heidi

Overall, I really like this school. The atmosphere is welcoming and the professors are helpful and understanding. I've enjoyed the classes I've taken so far and the class sizes are small and perfect for discussion. The food on campus is fine, but some days there isn't much of a variety.

Micayla

Even as a freshmen, I already love it here at Western New England! There’s tons of school spirit to be found, and something for everyone to get involved in. If you love college football, then you’ll find out that Saturdays are for the bears, as we take the playing field as serious as the classroom. You feel safe here, like you’re home. In a sense, everyone establishes their own Golden Bear family here. Whether on a sports team, or just a small group of individuals who really get along, you find your support network. Coming to this school was upgrading in size for me, and was a bit overwhelming, but it was a task made easy as time goes on. You make friends and even those who aren’t in your social group almost are always willing to say hi and smile. Living on campus has helped everyone I know develop a sense of who they are when given the chance to be their own individual. There's not a doubt in my mind that WNEU was the right choice for me. I know that they will help me achieve my goals and land a successful career in whichever path I choose. I can’t wait to spend 3 and a half more years here, but I won’t rush it, because I want this experience to last.

Eric

I have a very special place in my heart for this university. It is my gateway for learning not only the technical things that have to be learned to get your degree, but for learning the lessons about life that no book can teach. It is truly an awesome school in the Northeast

denise

I enjoy being a golden bear. I like the atmosphere of the school. I like how there is always an activity to do on the weekend. Many students like me do not have a car, so it's really cool when they bring activities for others to enjoy. They just do not provide a lot of scholarships or financial aid for those who need it.

Monica

College will always be worth it for me because it motivates me to see a successful future for myself and my family filled with happiness. Both of my parents came from big families who lived in poverty and did not have enough money to receive a higher education. They only made it to primary school and started working their teenage years. They survived through the Khmer Rouge, and emigrated to America when they were in their mid 20s with nothing, just the clothes on their bodies and worked back breaking jobs with knowing no English. Having to translate, pay bills, and set up appointments for them has made me more mature and aware of the struggles of many others. Visualizing what my parents and Cambodia went through, I want to make a change: a change in America and Cambodia. Hearing these stories about people being sick, dying from unsanitary environment, makes me feel blessed that I am in in a country that has one the best educations for medications and advanced technology. Since I have all of these things, I want to bring my knowledge to Cambodia and give back to the community, and build a clinic with a pharmacy inside. I want to provide people with medical attention that they need and cannot afford. This is the place I want to achieve and how I will achieve it is by going to college and receiving an education.

briana

Overall WNE is a great choice. It feels like your second home, everyone knows everyone and thats a reassuring feeling. I cannot stress how much the atmosphere is a selling point. Not to mention the class sizes are very small and professors are there to help you succeed. There is always an event or something going on to attend, and we love GBEAR football.

Emma

Overall, I think Western New England University is a great school for anyone to attend. there is something for everyone who attends the University. The professors, faculty & staff really make the school special. They truly care about your well being, personally and academically. The community is also very welcoming.

Courtney

As a student at Western New England University I have come to love my college and absolutely fall in love with not only the people but the atmosphere. The student interaction is amazing the the time the professors put into their students is amazing. If you are deciding on whether or not Western is for you I recommend a tour and a some reaching out to current students or Alumni because the experience at Western is unmatched. Go Golden Bears!!

Amelia

Western New England University has been a great school for me and there is very little to complain about. I had a very successful first semester and want to keep my good work up in the future. The facilities can be a little outdated, but there are often changes going on.

Alaina

WNE is a great school to go to for hands-on-experiences, a close knit community, and so much more. WNE offers their students an opportunity to network with people in the business so that after your 4 years you are ready to go into the work field. WNE also provides you with resources that you will be working with in your career field and makes you one step ahead of the competition.

Karissa

I transferred here for my sophomore year and it was the best decision I could've made. Both the social and academic aspects of this university are great. The people are friendly, and the professors are willing to help in any way they can. Not only did I make more friends this past year, but my overall grades improved because I was much happier, and I felt welcome.

allie

I love it here and how accessible all of the professors are at any given time.

Alison

I absolutely love my shchool! The professors are incredibly flexible, the class size is perfect for 1 on 1 attention. The campus life is so much fun, there's always something happening. Just last week we had a cotton candy night in the gazebo. There are so many good opportunities to get involved on campus, whether it be through sports, clubs, arts, or work study. You find a new friend everywhere you go, but it is a small enough size that the faces become familiar quick. The new dining hall is amazing, they always have good options, especially "comfort food".

Kurstin

WNE is a diverse campus that allows students to be themselves. We all enjoy meeting new people while attending events held on campus. The campus are a fun way to get involved and are often planned by the students of the university. If it were not for Western New England University I would not be the person that I am today.

Justice

I personally love the campus. I feel like it is a great fit for not only me, but everyone else who attends the university as well. Their academic opportunities are very nice and the staff on campus is remarkable. They are very accessible which isn't always capable at universities. Their athletics are also another reason why I attended here, very professional and have history of being very dominate programs.

Christopher

I loved everything about the University. It was a great fit for me as well as for other students. I have friends that went to "name" schools and were miserable about their experiences and wished they didn't decide on the name as far as the quality of education they were receiving. Hands down was a great fit for me.

Yanella

WNE is a community where everyone is accepted and cared for. My first time on campus I was sure this was where I wanted to be and where I belonged. I met so many people and at freshman orientation, I met who I believe will be my lifelong friends. WNE did that, provided me with a family away from home and it's so amazing. Also, the class sizes are small, at about 20 per class and I think that's something that can be taken advantage of. Professors will be available to help because they​ don't have 50+ students to worry about in 1 class.

Makayla

So far I have had a very good experience with the university. The professors are very helpful and understanding. The people are super nice and you rarely see some be rude. Overall, I feel very safe on campus that I would not be worried going somewhere by myself.

Clarice

I love this school. It truly is a total package kind of place and I cannot wait to make more memories there. They really do have something for everyone and the vibes in and around campus are extremely positive. Almost everyone can be found on the field or in the stands at a sports games, I love that everyone has the opportunity to come together.

Emile

As a first year student at Western New England University, I have found there is a lot to do on campus for everyone. There are parties for people who enjoy that scene, and plenty of on-campus events on the weekends for the non-partiers. Although theres no "official" greek life, I think we try to compensate for that, by having sport houses instead. Overall as a small-sized school, I believe it is one of the better ones, than others around.

Lindsey

Personally, my experience hasn't been the greatest. I went into college having my expectations high and the small campus size makes it hard to make friends because there are a lot of little cliques, where I feel that I don't fit in. The professors are amazing and know what they are doing and I have learned a lot through academics. I am apart of intramurals which I adore and the staff is very friendly. The food is alright, but would be better if there is a better assortment versus having the same thing every day. Overall, WNE is a great campus, but I wish I had the opportunity to restart my college experience.

Kiarra

At Western New England, it is easy to find a group of people where you feel like you belong in. Coming to Western New England I did not know anyone as many of high school friends went their own separate ways. By the second month, I had already found a group of friends- it would not have been possible had I not joined three (I did not want to overwhelm myself) of the eighty-plus clubs offered at Western New England.

Arianna

I love the vibe on campus,everyone is very kind and respects the academic process of each individual. The professors keep regular office hours and guide the students in all academic work.I would love to stay at western new England university but it is very expensive that is why I rely on unigo to give me access to scholarships to help aid me in my quest for education.

Kadeem

This is the school that I want to go to. This is the school that will change my life for the good and Impact my life positively. The school is perfect for me . I don’t see any other school that can help me the way I see this magnificent University helping prepare for life and build my knowledge on all aspects of life and myself.