Prescott, AZ
Yavapai College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Yavapai College

Katrina

My classmates are very hard working and dedicated, however they can be a tad bit quiet.

My school is best known for the nursing programs and degrees that they offer.

The advice that I would give myself would be to understand and know that it is going to be a different experince and a journey that will have twists and turn. But no matter what turns life after high school will give you you have to stick it through. Also that you might change your mind about what you want to do but to always go with your heart not let anyone else tell you what you should do with your life.

Janet

I would tell myself to start school when I was younger because the older and farther you get away from high school the harder it is to get back in to the swing of going to school again. I would also tell myself not to blow so much money on clothes and save it for college instead.

I would like to have known how to navigate the admissions process. It was confusing and seemed that it could have been done better.

If i could go back in time to my senior year of high school, i would tell myself to still enjoy it but to also really get my act together as far as preparing for college. I would have really thought about it more instead of relying on the commuity college so much. I wouldve applied to universities tht way it would have opened my choices and my eyes to the opportunities i couldve had. I would have applied for scholarships to also make school finances easier instead of trying to work and completely support myself without any extra help. Another big thing i wouldve got started on was taking more classes that were considered college credits. It wouldve made my work load easier the first few years and i couldve got started on my nursing degree that much sooner. I would tell myself not to worry so much about the small stuff and enjoy things while you can. Your only a student for so long until you start your career.

The thing i would consider most about yavapai college is that its not too big or not too small. You get the college atmosphere but its still small enough to learn about other people and meet a lot of new people. You dont get lost in the classroom amongst others since its not a stadium like lecture in most univesities. The professors are there to help you succeed and actually care if you learn the material or not.

The thing thats worst about yavapai college is that since it is so small and if you have lived n prescott, it reminds a lot of people of high school. Being in a college that reminds you of high school isnt always the greatest for most people.

Elliot

Its amazing soccer team!!!! Go Rough Riders

Its amazing soccer team!!!! Go Rough Riders

I would look myself straight in the eye and say.....Take 4 years of math, 4 years of science, 3 years of english, 3 years of history and 1 year of a foreign language. And dont forget to take some college credit courses in high school, the honors class would be best. The reason why, because it will get you so many more opportunities for scholorships to help you pay for college. Also it will give you an advantage in your college classes to come....

Melissa

Yavapai college is an inspiring, exciting creative, anf comfortable environment , with all the tools and gateways necessary for successful study.

Dear self, High school is coming to a quick end, and i have decided to write you some advice on how to handle the next upcoming stage in your life , college. The first time around you decided to attend a community college for athletics instead of a four year institution . Big mistake, my advice to you now is to pick the school that you REALLY want to attend and go for it! Even though you love to play volleyball it will not help you reach your academic. I suggest that you go to the school of your dreams, leave volleyball behind. Another point I have to make clear is stay ontop of your classes, you have always been a good student and just make sure you dont give into the "sleeping in monster". It will be exciting not having parents and the temptaion of no rules will consume you if not careful. My final suggestion to you is , dont get caught up in boys, they are seriously nothing but trouble! Your freshamn year you will meet a boy and fall in love please dont! Focus on GRADES! Dont quit and stay positive, and know you can do it! love, Me

Unfortunately, Yavapai college some times can be frustrating when it comes to availability of certain core classes such as many sciences and math classes; however they do off a efficant waiting list that can sometimes save you the time of having to check the course so frequently.

Russell

Since I graduated high school in 2002 ,and waited to go until 2010, I would tell myself that it's not worth waiting. After having two kids and getting married, I would say go now. I would tell myself that college life is exciting, and a new step in matureing as an adult. Get your edeucation now so that would have your degree, and you would be on your way to starting your career. I think I would say that college life is not scary at all. I would tell me, that their is nothing to be intimidated for, its a good experience, and that you will regret not going now instead of later. Sure the classes will be harder, more intense, more studying, more homework, but look at the finish line. The transition will be rough at first, but you will get acusstum to the process of college. I would say be smart about the choices you make in your last year of high school because, they will effect your freshman year, and what college you get in to. Maybe, stop and think about, all the interesting lab experiments, the edeucation that goes with you for a lifetime experience.

Like I said before this is my first time going to yavapai college. Many complaints I have heard from other students and have experienced myself. They do not help as far as financial-aid goes, it's not that you won't get approved but they take either too long to review your finances, or they don't tell you about other information before it's to late to enrole. I do not have much experience in trying to get financial-aid being my first time going to college, but I thought they would be on top of that situation.

This is my first time going to Yavapai College. I would have to say that the campus is beautiful. The drop-in counslers are very good at what they do. At yavapai college they offer a great program in the radiology field. My mother and brother both have graduated from yavapai. One great thing about this college is the students, the range of ages there are from 18 to 50yrs old.Another good quality about yavapai college is, the willingness they have to help with any problems or concerns with the enrollment process or class information. I am excited "college".

Katherine

A wonderful place for working students.

A wonderful place for working students.

Dear KT, College is going to be a very exciting experience, make sure that you start every class with the idea that you are going to get an A on every test and quiz,in college you don't have time to make up lower scores like you did in highschool. Also since you where an athlete in highschool and arent going to be playing anything in college its important that you schedual in workout times and take many aerobics classes, because you arent going to be forced to workout and will find that the freshman 15 is really. Remember stay focused and be happy,lots of love Your Future Self:)

A student that is going to school to get and education not just party. Its good for student that are working and dont have time to partack in a active schol schedual.

Darcy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior; I would tell myself to study harder, find scholarships sooner, read up more on classes for Yavapai college and chearish your time that you have with your family because you are going to miss them alot more than you think. I would tell myself to get a better summer job for college money and to become a better christian because its important to keep you religion alive in college. I would say not to stay up so late in high school or college because it affects your ability to perform in the class room. I would also tell myself to live a little more in high school because you only get one senior year of high school. Then I would tell myself to have the time of your life in college, but to not mess around to much so it doesn't affect your goals for a college education.

The worst thing about my school is the meal plans and food variety portions. The meal plans are either to big or to small. What I need in a meal plan is some were in the middle; where I can eat a good, healthy meal thats a good portion size. Also in the meal plan there is a choice for a dessert, but none of the choices are healthy desserts. I think in the meal plan there is a choice to have fruit for a dessert.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that we do not have free access to the workout gym or pool for excersie. We have to take a class for them or we have to pay a semester fee for them. I think that the people who live in the dorms should be able to have access to these rooms for health progress. Schools around the world are trying to find ways to make there students life healthy. This for sure is one way to help students health.

Katie

My classmates are extremely dedicated and determined.

My classmates are extremely dedicated and determined.

College is hard. With no one to force you to go to class or keep up on your homework it's very easy to fall behind. Don't let anyone influence what you want to do. Do what you think is best for yourself. You will make mistakes, but learn from them and move on. Don't dwell on what you should have done, focus on what you can do in the future. Stay focused, it's easy to become distracted with all the outside influence; parties, significant others etc. Believe in yourself, even when nobody else does. You can do it.

The lack of flexible scheduling and class availability makes it hard to complete some classes in the time frame allowed. Often, a person finds themselves in a position where they are set back a semester due to the lack of availability with regards to required classes. The school is typically unwilling to make arrangements for those students who have done everything required of them, but are set back by these restrictions.

Chad

I would give myself the advice to try harder in high school. When I was in high school I was not super motivated about college so I didnt do my best. I didnt understand how much you high school grades affect your college career. I would advise myself to study hard and get the best grades possible and also start doing research on colleges early, that way you are informed on what they expect and you have goals to shoot for.

The classes that I am offered is very limited.

It is frustrating when the classes I need for my degree are not offered that semester.

Yavapai College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.