Milwaukee, WI
Alverno College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alverno College

Ericka

My school is best known for their unique ways of teaching. About their eight abilities, and the student and teacher interaction. It is also known for having the most opportunities to learn and interact freely with your peers. Communication is one of the eight abilities. The students that attend Alverno College have the opportunity to learn things in their unique ways, and styles of learning.

The advise I would give to myself is to look for scholarships earlier, to keep doing my work in clases so that my grade point average would be higher and my Alverno scholarship would be higher. I would also try to look for more scholarships in differnt places. Many of us don't think about college a lot because we don't know what it is like, but because I have been in college for two years, I have learned how hard it is for me as a college student to find the money to pay for tuition and books. There are many things I would say, but the most important is to apply for financial aid early because that would give you a better chance of getting more money for college. Also to look for outside scholarships, and look for loans with low interest rates. I think that people should always look foward to attending college because that is essential and there are oportunities available for all. The only thing you would need to do is to look for help, and don'tbe afraid of what can happen. Just go for it and succeed.

I think that the person that should attend this school is someone who is intelligent and is willing to try new things to learn and succeed in life. Someone who believes that higher education is essential. I believe that earning a degree would open the your opportunities to have a better life.

Maureen

Never put up what you could do today, tommorrow. That all the mistakes done could have been prevented, though some I've learned from. But would do that? Mistakes are part of being human. No one is too perfect or too drawn to ruin. I probably would rethink the entire thing all over, I mean... I would have never had my first daughter who now has a daughter of her own. That mistake may have been purposely. Sure it ruined my social life but the greatest thing of being human is the power of creation. Wheather it be life or work. So no. I don't wish to go back and fix my wrongs. I have to live with them like it or not. Ask a child the same question and you get so much insight and wisdom. So if it were my choice. I'd reteach myself. All that knowledge and ways I could do right then and there would have helped me greatly. Then again there is the current way schools are using stuff we've all learned in high school for elementry work. Perhaps it's best that we learn from our new generation than the old.

Grace

You are a new person every day; every experience changes you. So don't think that the things you think now will always be the same. In just two years, you will meet some incredible people who will change your life, experience things that will change your mind. You will fall in love, and then fall out of it, and it will not be a bad thing. You don't have to decide now what you want to do with the rest of your life. On the contrary, make up your mind to always let yourself change. Without influence around us, we are stagnant, and no use to others no matter what our degrees or titles tell us. You will never lose yourself if you can keep looking for parts of yourself you don't know you have yet. There is always a choice. Use your choices to the best of your ability, but forgive yourself when you don't. The future is never set.

The best thing about Alverno is the ability-based curriculum and the pass/fail grading system. If you learn the material, you will be successful; if you don't learn, you can't pass. And it doesn't matter how many hours you have or haven't put into classwork; with the abilities and prior-learning opportunities, everything you can contribute actually counts.

The worst thing about Alverno is the dining services. It's hard to stay healthy on campus and still keep a budget.

Alyssa

Just beginning my senior year I was ready for the world to come full force at me and give it everything it had. I was the "new girl" at school and I was kind of lost at first, but definitly ready to take on a great year. Little did I know that I was going to get pregnant at age 17 and have the thought of not being able to graduate. So If I could go back in time and acutally talk to myself knowing what college is like now I don't think I would change a thing. I am a great student because of who my daughter made me out to be. I took that extra challange and finished and gradutated with a high school diploma. So I would just go back and say way to go Alyssa! Way to take those extra couple steps and make them into big mile stones that you are now moving up to!

The kind of person that should attend this school would have to be someone who is willing to be challegened and ready to take on some pretty outgoing classes. This school is a all womens college so you would have to be a girl but this is a great school for a women of any age ready to take on the life style as a student ade get ready to finish will a degree that they will love!

Someone that should not go to this school would be someone who is not ready to give it their all. I think that there are many challenges that have to be faced, challengages that are good but for some people may be bad. So someone who is not ready to take that next step in life this college would not be the place for them!

Holly

If I could go back to being a high school senion, I would definitely encourage myself to attend Alverno College and major in Education. Something I would change would be my participation in school activities like extra-curricular activities, clubs, and organizations. I regret not getting myself more involved with my college. I view other students and am a bit jealous of them and the progress they have made by being in extra-curricular activities. I am so thankful to be in college, and I really look forward to my life after college. I can only imagine all of the wonderful things I will be able to do once I am a teacher.

Small class sizes (30 maximum).

How much the teachers work with students to ensure beneficial outcomes.

Cassandra

Cassandra, I know a lot is going on, it's your senoir year and you are trying to get all you can out of it. PLEASE do youself a favor and apply for colleges earlier, the earlier you apply, the more chances you have at getting the maximum amount of scholarships! Also, please listen to your mom and dad, just make it a point to apply for a few scholarships a week, trust me, your parents and, your future self, will thank you later! College is such a different and more exciting atmosphere than high school! Don't put it off because you're scared, it's a lot eaiser to adjust to than you may think!

Rebecca

A lot of them are really nice, of course there's always going to be people you clash with.

Work really hard, and don't slack on anything, And the teachers you think are tough, they are. But that only means you have to work and push yourself. Don't give up, and when you feel like the world turned it's back on you, keep pushing through, cause it's all worth it in the end, You can do this!

Anyone who wants a good education and is willing to work hard.

Alverno College represents strong, independent women who are culturally diverse and career driven to better not only themselves, but also their community.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, now knowing what I know about college life, I would give myself only a few simple words of advice. I would first tell myself to talk with the advising office in order to plan out my academic classes to ensure that I wouldn?t fall behind, and in order to plan out how to be financially prepared for my future years at school. Then, I would advise myself to organize my weeks efficiently so that I could have enough time for homework, work, and social activities to avoid additional and unnecessary stress. Finally, I would encourage myself to enroll in school clubs and to take advantage of study abroad opportunities that are offered to gain a more cultural and eye-opening experience. All of these things combined would allow for me to have a more enjoyable and beneficial college experience.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the demanding load of coursework. Alverno College puts a strong emphasis on students achieving their eight abilities which include: communication, aesthetic engagement, problem solving, developing a global perspective, analysis, valuing/decision making, social interaction, and effective citizenship. Because of these abilities, Alverno College gives its students various opportunities to reach all these abilities, so while the coursework may seem overwhelming at times, I recognize that it is all to benefit the students for their future careers.

Alverno College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.