Phoenix, AZ
Arizona Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arizona Christian University

Alicia

If I could go back in time I would tell my self, it may seem scary but it is just because its new to you. By the time you know it, it will be over. Also I would tell myself not to take breaks, to run full force with this because this experiece and the education you recieve will be well worth it. College is like high school if anything easier because you have more control over your schedule. Overall my experience has been a delight and its not over yet!

larissa

The advice i will give myself if i were to go back to high school would be that i would prepare myself better. The way i would do so woud be that i would take time for school and take it more serious and focus on it more trying to make the best out of it. I would tell myself to get involded in every program that has to do with academics to further my education. I would also keep my grades above average to be prepared for college. As well as keep myself in a responsible enviornment to be able to keep myself in a college mode.

If i could go back and give myself adivce about college the first thing i would tell myself is to go talk to my counselor about scholarships and to join every club and sport i can. I would also tell myself to not worry because college life isn't scary at all. It's actually the greatest thing that has (will) happen to me. The last thing i would tell myself is to do more community service activities and get involved more in the community and find ways to help out.

ElijahJose

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself would be to enjoy the last year of highschool as much as possible, it does not last forever! As far as college is concerened, I would notify myself that there is so much to be learned, and that in order to enjoy it the most, I should act as an intellectual sponge. By that, I mean that I need to soak up as much information as I can because information is a valuable tool in college, and in life as a whole. I would tell myself to be happy, and to never let anyone deter me from my dreams; without them, I would have absolutely nothing. Most importantly, I would tell myself that in order to have a successful college experince, I must love. Love people, love life, and love education. I feel like I've done my best in college thus far, and I can only hope to continue that trend.

Makenzie

If I could say anything to myself two years ago when I graduated from high school, I wouldn’t say anything. Not one word. Not because my life is absent from stains; there are plenty of those. Retrospectively, I despised having my first heart-wrenching breakup last summer, the “freshman 15”, an obvious vacancy of close friends my first year of college, and a myriad of other obstacles. Yet we all contend with challenges; they are unavoidable; ineludible. Even if I were to warn myself about my mistakes, I would still encounter them. From them, I’ve learned how to say “I’m sorry” and mean it. From them, it is evident I need forgiveness and grace. From them, I’ve been humbled. From them, I have just begun to learn what it is to be human. Therefore, as strenuous and ironic as life is at times, I would not change my experiences, the pleasant and the pungent, for anything. Plus, if I knew the outcomes of the events in my life, major and minor, what would be the point of faith?

One of the worst things about our school would probably be the size of our campus. As the attendence grows, it poses an expansion problem. I have heard, however, that we will be moving to a new campus within the next two years or so.

If you expect to get a degree without working very hard, you should not waste your money. To earn a degree of any kind at Arizona Christian University you will work hard and you will have to sacrifice your social life much more than once or twice. Balance is not out of the question though, because they offer exceptional tutoring and the professors are genuinely concerned for the students' welfare. All in all, expect to work hard and be rewarded for it.

Melody

I consider all of my classmates to be family. Because I attend a small private university, it is common to have the same people in many of my classes. Because of this, we have all grown to be very close-knit and we are all very comfotable around one another. It is a great feeling to walk into a classroom and know you are about to spend time with peers and professors that care about you.

If I was able to go back and speak with my high school senior self, I would tell myself two very important things. First of all, I would explain that I should not feel entitled to anything in this life. Relationships and material items are a blessing; we do not deserve them. In order to have relationships in college, I need to show people that I care, and make them feel comfortable around me. It is not everyone else’s responsibility to cater to my emotional needs. I will receive that once I have shown that I can be a caring friend and serve others when they need it the most. Secondly, I would tell myself that I still have so much to learn. The knowledge I possessed in high school was so limited, and a wise thing to do would be to surround myself with people that have had more life experience than I have had. That way, they will be able to pour their wisdom into me, and I would be able to realize that I need to learn what they have to teach me.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the person who values his or her faith. This school promotes Spiritual growth in the lives of the students, and it is a requirement to graduate with a Biblical minor. With that being said, I would not encourage somebody who is not interested in spiritual things to attend this school, because it would not be in their best interest.

Susan

Dear highschool graduate, after conquering your world you’re at the bottom of the foodchain again. It’s not as bad as it seems. Life happens, but you’ll find that things usually work themselves out. There will be distractions, good and bad. You may get lower grades than before, but what’s important is that you give it your all. Take my advice: get things done right away -procrastination is not your friend! Structure, organization and goals will help you succeed. Don’t be afraid to ask for help -faculty actually wants to help you! Stand tall and be uniquely you! Everyone else is in their self-discovery stage too; conversation and debate are good! Find what YOU believe, not just what you were taught in school or raised on. Meet people! Befriend the “weird”. Venture to know people from different cliques. Remember, take time to do things you love; enjoy every moment, take it all in. Smell flowers, enjoy sunshine, stargaze. This will relieve stress and empower you to face lifes challenges. Eat healthy. Exercise. Sleep well. Your health is really important! In everything, aim for excellence. Smile. And above all, don’t worry…you can do this!

I think that my school does not have enough variety in extra classes and extra curricular activities such as arts and languages

A strong Christ-focused Christian.

ACU is a close-knit community, the class sizes are small allowing you to know your peers and help eachother. It is a positive environment geared towards your success. They don't just focus on grades and jobs, but your life quality as a whole.

"Don't make mountains out of molehills." The problems that seem overwhelming now will seem foolish to you later. Being so fixated on your stress and difficulties will distract you from the task at hand. Focus on the here and now and stop worrying about the future. Dwelling on things that have yet to come don't solve the problems, but instead take your attention away from what's in front of you right now. Take time to breathe, enjoy the moment in the present and focus on that. Doing your absolute best in the present will be the foundation for your future. You can't reach your destination if you don't build your path to get there.

The money. Honestly for the size of the school, the price is ridiculous. They nickle and dime you for everything!

mathew

what is very unique about this school is the availability of engaging with other students with the Word of God. Being a Christian university, ACU offers many opportunities for students to grow deeper in Jesus Christ and encourage them to make disiples. In addition, ACU maintains a positive relationshop with its community. Students and faculty often go out to serve in our community and help make a difference in the lives of those in the community.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, the advice I would give myself on college life would generally be based on better preparation. In other words, I did not feel very prepared to enter college when I graduated high school. I have struggled with my learning disability since I was in middle school, and the transition to college seemed very difficult. I knew the work would be harder, and I knew there was more of a demand to keep up with the other students academically. The advice I would have given myelf would have been to maintain better confidence and to grow deeper especially in my faith in Jesus Christ. From what college has taught me, I have learned the importance of striving for success not only as a student but as an individual. If I had known these traits when I was still in high school, I would have entered college with more confidence. With more confidence, the fears I had of entering college with my learning disability would have not bothered me. College has educated me in many ways. It has been my biggest stage of growth!

Arizona Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.