Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Haley

I believe the unique thing about my school is how our campus is not too big, but not too small. I like the size of it because it's not small enough to where I know everyone but not too large so I can make friends.

The first and most important thing I would tell both parents and students while trying to find the right college is make sure and take a college visit day to the school of choice. Having done this helped me eliminate a few colleges that I thought would be good for me. Going to the school really helped me get a feel for what it was all about. Also, another piece of advice that I would give would be have an open mind about things. When I was applying for colleges there was one that I was dead-set on going to. After researching, visiting and thinking I decided it was not the best for me. There are many other aspects that I think are important when trying to make decisions about college but for me these were the most important. A student just needs to find a place where they feel they can fit in and do well and the parent can make sure they are going to be safe and will be able to succeed.

When I talk to my friends about Ball State, I tell them about how our football team has had a great season and since I cheer for them it's alot of fun. Also I explain to them that balancing cheerleading, a sorority , a job and a school can be done. Overall, I tell them that this is a fun school but you have to be willing to work for the grade they will not give it to you.

Adam

Everyone seemed to be very welcoming and willing to help and get to know everyone.

I strongly recommend future college students visit potential schools before they make any final decisions. It is imperative that you find a school that fits you socially and academically. In order for you to succeed to your fullest potential, the school needs to match your personality; the school will not change to meet yours. I recommend talking with current students of the school you are visiting to get a better understanding of the daily acitivities that occur there, instead of listening soley to the tour guides. Upon entering school for the first time, I strongly recommend getting to know people that live near you (especially if you live in the dorms). This is a great way to meet new friends and discover new possibilities. Without having a group of friends in college, it can be tough living away from home and everyone you know. I would also encourage new students to get out and try many clubs or other extracurricular activities. These groups are not only a great social networking tool, but are also a great addition to your academics. You can learn new valuable skills while participating in many of the groups your school offers.

I honestly haven't encountered any frustrating events at my school.

Miranda

Ball State provides an excellent education and prepares you well for your the future of your choice.

Balls State's known for its architecture, journalism, telecommunications and teachings programs.

It is important to know your current direction when picking a college. Pick a college that has several good programs that you could be interested in, or pick a college that has a wide variety of programs so you can explore your different options. Really get involved, whether it's in a school-supported program or just a group of people meeting up, it's important to get involved in the community to make friendships and connections. Your own motivation is key. Find a major you enjoy and really make the most of it!

Jubal

First lets address the parents about finding the right college. Let's set this up in an easier and more appealing fashion. Questions to ask yourself about finding the right college for your son/daughter. 1. What does my little child want to study in college? - If your child doesn't know, go with a bigger school that has plenty of options. 2. What colleges/universities are available in the state that I live in? - Going to school that is away from home but still close can be good for those holiday visits. This is the part where you and your soon to be educated child go to the campus. 3. What kind of resources can be used to pay for my son/daughters education? Now to wrap it up for the student-to be. You've got four long years (give or take) ahead of you, so take advantage of this opportunity to live and learn. Being involved in school can be fun, but so can late night parties. Try to manage your school load with your social life and you'll be more confident in your abilities and happier in the long run.

Go to a school first based on what you want to major in, then on how big of a school you would like to attend, then on how much you actually like the campus.

DeAnna

Ball State has the perfect ballance between accademics and social opertunities.

Ball State has the perfect ballance between accademics and social opertunities.

Ball Sate staff really works to help you. They really seem to care about what you need, and every thing is very organized.

I would have to say, in order to find a college thats right for you, visit as many as possible to get the feel of each one. Take the tours that are offered and find out what courses and majors are offered.

Steven

There are two kinds, ones who take their work seriously and those that don't.

There are two kinds, ones who take their work seriously and those that don't.

Choose a place where you feel you fit in the best. There is know greater feeling than waking up every morning, getting ready for class and having a feeling that you belong. This is a feeling that I have every day here at Ball State. A student looking for a college has to take this into factor or their college experience won't be all that it can be. Being at a college I love is just more incentive to study and do well in classes. When I started classes here I knew it was going to be a challenge but I also knew that if I tried hard and gave it my all it would make me a better person.

The worst thing about my school is I don't believe they get information about social events out to everyone as best they could. Most of the time they do ok but occasionaly I will hear of an even I missed because I didn't know it was going on.

Susan

To students - Do include others' experiences and advice in making your decision, but remember that ultimately, YOU are the one who will be spending time at the school for the next 4+ years. Try to find a student at the school and spend some time visiting the school outside of tours and campus-sponsered programs. To get the real "pulse" of the school, visit during the week and during the middle of the semester. Visit several different schools. Don't just stick to one type of school - visit technical schools, community colleges, 4-year universities, private schools, public schools, big and small schools - keep your options open! And be honest with yourself - college may not be the right choice for you right out of high school. It's better to be honest right off the bat and avoid wasting time and money on unneeded semesters. Basically, the biggest part of searching for a school is to keep an open mind - you'll be spending a lot of time at this place, so you want to make sure you pick the best place for YOU. To parents - show support and interest, but avoid hovering. Helicopter parents hinder a student's growth.

Sometimes, it feels as though the president runs the school strictly as a business and forgets that the school is focused on its current students. She has run a large number of campaigns to bring in money, which is great, but it seems like she is forgetting the current issues to focus on developing the school for the future.

Someone who wants a school with a huge amount of school spirit should avoid this school. People looking for a "big-city" experience should avoid this area as well.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.