Muncie, IN
Ball State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ball State University

Jaclyn

It's not too big and not too small, it's the perfect size. It's a unique campus in that everything is so easily accessible, unlike many large universities.

Finding the right college isn't necessarily about which one has the best programs in the nation, it's about finding the one that best fits the student. Knowing that you will have to work hard and study often before coming into college will help a great deal. The harder you work, the more rewarding it will be. In the long run, you'll see better grades, and even find better jobs come grduation time. Don't forget that college isn't all about work, it's about having fun, too. Find a group of friends that compliment your needs and personality. Once you're ready to work and find some good friends, it's great from there! College is one of the bext experiences of your life, and it's up to YOU how you're going to live it out. Make the most of these years, because you won't get them back once it's over.

Someone who is movtivated and ready to work hard. College isn't easy, but the work put in at this university can be very rewarding in the end.

joel

Ball State is a small liberal art university with a highly diverse population that is inter-connected with the faculty and administrators.

The College of Media and Communications, of which I am part of. I love to brag about my professors, and the Communication Studies field in general. It is easy, interactive, and highly engaging.

Find a school that appeals to you, and do not wait till the last minute to make a decision. If you do happen to waste your time and end up in a school that you didn't want to go to, do not dismiss the school as worthless, because chances are if you give that institution a chance, you will find something there that you can enjoy and appreciate. Don't let your own opinions conflict with the material taught, because most professors will engage those differing opinions and make them seem less uncommon, and more intriscally attached to the subject matter. If you ever have problems, do not hesitate to talk to your professors, of the local counseling center. Both are more than willing to help you, and if you let them know as soon as it happens, the help you get will be better and more beneficial to your needs.

Maren

Ball State University is a very welcoming and technological advanced atmosphere. They work hard to be considered elite, and are quickly improving physically and academically. There are currently renovations going on everywhere you look, and the students are responding with true pride toward their school. Our football team was undefeated this year, which brought about a lot of school spirit and team work, which may have been missing from the previous year. I am proud of the school in which I attend. They are a true under-dog, and I always root for the under-dog.

University of Michigan was my dream school. I wanted to be a student there so badly. It seemed so prestigous and elite. I was devastated when I was wait-listed, and I had to begin searching for an alternate school. I came across Ball State while searching for BFA programs in musical theatre, and was pleasantly surprised. It was no Michigan, but it would do. I went and auditioned for the program, and was accepted on the spot. Now that I am at the school, I realize that Ball State was clearly the right choice. My advice is that you may be trying to go for a dream school, but sometimes the most successful thing in life is the healthy execution of plan B. You have to determine was size option is most important, and which school is strong in specific social circles, in which you see yourself in. Most importantly, contact people from schools you are interested in. Communication has never been easier with Facebook and Myspace, so look up the name of a school and just check some of the people out. Always follow your heart, and know you will end up where you need to be.

The most frustrating part about Ball State University are simple facts that are true with any school. I don't like the fact that people are able to sleep in until 2 p.m., go to a class, drink during the evening, and then go back to sleep. Meanwhile, I am trying to bust my butt to get a B in a class. That is really frustrating to me. I don't like that we try to fit the mold of being a "party school". I don't understand why that is so appealing.

My classmates are very friendly and helpful.

My classmates are very friendly and helpful.

We are all very involved and have organizations dedicated to helping students.

First you have to decide what size school you want to attend, that is the hardest part. Deciding whether you want large or small classes mixed with a large or small campus, is the hardest question. Once you pick a school, making the best of the college experience depends on you. You have to get involved and just be yourself all the time. Making friends and doing well in classes go hand in hand. If you are miserable because you have no friends you will not do as well in classes. You need social time as much as study time.

Diana

Ball State University is mostly known as a college for Education and Architecture, however, there are many great programs here. We have one of the best undergraduate programs for theatre in the nation. Our Music program is very good as well as the Telecomunications program. There are many other great programs; the great things about Ball State is that there are so many great programs that anyone could do well in any field here.

I brag about the theatre department and the quality of productions we are able to put together. I am very proud and grateful to be apart of it. We are not just a theatre program, we are a family.

Always visit the campus before choosing if its right for you. I came to Ball State and took the official campus tour which was great and then I stayed with a friend of mine in the dorm over night and went to class with her to get an idea of what it would be like to go there. I fell in love with Ball State that weekend. If you are not sure what you want to major in, I would recommend looking into bigger schools, no smaller than Ball State size, cause the bigger schools have more programs where you can "window shop" for what you want to do. Do not be afraid to ask professors about their area of expertise to help you choose. They really are there to help and are passionate about what they do, talking about it to students is something they love to do. Make your decisions based on what you truly want for yourself. Relax, have fun, and use the time to discover who you are. Don't be afraid to take risks and experience new things, that's what college is all about.

Derek

Do your research. Visit the college several times during different times of day. What size school do you want. do you want to be able to walk everywhere?

someone that wants a campus that is mid-sized. someone that wants to be sure there will be something to do one weekends. i would describe my time there as being very involved in school during the week and party on the weekends. always something to do!

very open minded faculty and students. fun campus with a very nice "village" about 5 minutes from campus with bars, off campus housing, dining, etc. very fun times!

Danielle

Someone that just doesn't care about anything. They have to be willing to try and do well. They shouldn't just come there to party.

I think that most people think it is just a party school and that most people don't do well. I think it is a great school and a lot of people get really great jobs when they graduate from there.

I would tell the students that they need to find a school that is going to be best for them. They need to find a school that has a great program for what they may be studying. They need to look at how much they can afford as well. Also how big of a campus they may want to be on. Some people just want to be on a small campus so that is something to look at. When you do find the right college you want to get out there. Go to the football games and different activities that they offer to everyone there. You can meet some great people and become life long friends with them.

Haley

I believe the unique thing about my school is how our campus is not too big, but not too small. I like the size of it because it's not small enough to where I know everyone but not too large so I can make friends.

The first and most important thing I would tell both parents and students while trying to find the right college is make sure and take a college visit day to the school of choice. Having done this helped me eliminate a few colleges that I thought would be good for me. Going to the school really helped me get a feel for what it was all about. Also, another piece of advice that I would give would be have an open mind about things. When I was applying for colleges there was one that I was dead-set on going to. After researching, visiting and thinking I decided it was not the best for me. There are many other aspects that I think are important when trying to make decisions about college but for me these were the most important. A student just needs to find a place where they feel they can fit in and do well and the parent can make sure they are going to be safe and will be able to succeed.

When I talk to my friends about Ball State, I tell them about how our football team has had a great season and since I cheer for them it's alot of fun. Also I explain to them that balancing cheerleading, a sorority , a job and a school can be done. Overall, I tell them that this is a fun school but you have to be willing to work for the grade they will not give it to you.

Adam

Everyone seemed to be very welcoming and willing to help and get to know everyone.

I strongly recommend future college students visit potential schools before they make any final decisions. It is imperative that you find a school that fits you socially and academically. In order for you to succeed to your fullest potential, the school needs to match your personality; the school will not change to meet yours. I recommend talking with current students of the school you are visiting to get a better understanding of the daily acitivities that occur there, instead of listening soley to the tour guides. Upon entering school for the first time, I strongly recommend getting to know people that live near you (especially if you live in the dorms). This is a great way to meet new friends and discover new possibilities. Without having a group of friends in college, it can be tough living away from home and everyone you know. I would also encourage new students to get out and try many clubs or other extracurricular activities. These groups are not only a great social networking tool, but are also a great addition to your academics. You can learn new valuable skills while participating in many of the groups your school offers.

I honestly haven't encountered any frustrating events at my school.

Ball State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.