Saint Paul, MN
Bethel University-Saint Paul

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethel University-Saint Paul

Lydia

Bethel University is a school that affects each of its students on a personal level through its small class sizes, personable faculty, and friendly atmosphere; challenging those who attend to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

I would tell myself to not worry about anything. Don't worry about whether or not I will be able to make friends. Don't worry about the rigorous academics that college demands. Don't worry about wondering if this is the right plan for your life. Worrying only adds extra, unnecessary stress to the already great amount of stress that the transition to college brings alone. All of these things that you worry about will fall into place overtime. You will find friends, just be yourself and people will naturally come to you. Classes may be hard, but there are professors and classmates who are there for you, to help you with anything you ask. As for planning your life, always remember that things change. Life itself is constantly changing, and if you don't allow plans to change, you wont be letting yourself live life to its fullest.

I wish that I would have known to not be afraid of change, but to embrace it full on. Many other people are going through the exact same change as I was, and it would have helped to ease my worries, knowing that I was not alone. Change is a good thing because it stretches us to do things we never thought we were capable of doing. Going to college was one of the biggest changes in my life, and if I would have known to not fear that change, my first college experience would have been so much better.

Bethel University is wonderful place for growth in Christ and academics at the same time. The community here is ubelievably strong. Being a Christian school there are lots of things you can do here that aren't allowed at private schools. The teacher to student ratio is balanced which allows for students and teachers to connect on a personal level. If you're looking to be involved with programs that will help you to grow if your faith, there are plenty to choose from. Overall it's a great school that has many opportunities if you take advantage of them.

Being a college student for less than a year now, I would tell my self as a senior many things. I would tell my self to be better prepared for registration and financially. The hardest struggle my first year as a college student has been figuring all this college stuff out. My parents were sitting right next to me coaching me all the way through. I had to figure stuff out on my own. That set me back because I realized I didn't even know where to start. Determined to go to college I decided to start asking questions and prepared my self to certain extent. It wasn't until half way through my first semester that I was told that I wasn't fully prepared. I began to panic, thinking I wouldn't be able to attend college anymore. It was then that I finally utilized all my resources to make college possible for my future. I'm nineteen years old and still have a lot of things to figure out, but the challenging part of understand preparation for registration and financial situations is at peace.

The only thing I wish I would have known is the change in difficulty from high school to college. College is more stressful when it comes to school work and extra ciricular activities. Balancing everything out can be tough, but its also a great way to be challenged. The amount of knowledge professors expect students to know is amazing. The pace is very fast and there isn't a lot of time for screwing around. I also wish I would have known the process of financial responsibilities better because those can be stressful.

Christine

My classmates are inspiring, kind, and interesting people who actively live out their faith in numerous creative ways.

I would tell myself to just be yourself and to not let anyone discourage your future or dreams. Let whatever comes happen, and be open to change. Try to open up to people from the start; it will makes things easier later. Trust in yourself, and lean on your family. They are there for both guidance and protection. Have fun, and stop caring what other people think. There will be hard times, but in life there will always be hard times. Just try to get through them as best you can while keeping your head held high and staying true to yourself and your beliefs.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that almost everyone has the same faith. We mostly all believe in God; we are almost all Christians here. I think that it would be more interesting to go here if there were more diversity in the faith aspect. It would help me see what other people believe and learn more about other faiths. I think that this would both strengthen my worldview and open my eyes to be more accepting of other faiths.

Thea

My school is a one-of-a-kind school compared to the other schools that I had considered. Bethel University is a Christian, liberal arts school. It's also rated very highly academically. This school has a warm and inviting atmopshere to it that I greatly appreciate.

If I could go back in time, I would definetely tell myself a few things to do differently. The first thing I would say would be to get rid of my habit of procrastinating. In college, it is extremely unwise to procrastinate. It is important that once you are a college student you have the ability to stay on top of things and get stuff done otherwise you can get very far behind and have trouble getting caught up. Another thing I would tell myself if I could back would be to study harder for tests. I feel that so far in my college experience I haven't put enough time and effort into studying for the tests. Tests are a big percentage of your grade in college. Taking the time to study ahead of time can make a world of difference. You learn and remember more if you start studying far in advance. You will also be less stressed the day of the test because you will know more material. When you are taking a test, you want to be the most relaxed you can be. College is hard, but with perserverance and hard work you can succeed.

There are not many things that are frustrating about my school. The only thing I find frustrating is the cost of my school. It is pretty expensive. I am helping cut down on the cost by doing as many scholarships as I can.

Erik

My classmates are very bright and intelligent.

My classmates are very bright and intelligent.

Learn how not to procrastinate. Keep doing what you are doing academically and with your extra-curriculars. Try coming out of your shell a little bit before you go to school.

A non christian, or a christian not interested in a liberal arts education.

Alicia

Bethel is best known for being a Christian private school. Many people get the opinion that our relationship with Christ is what we are all about, but that's not it. We have a great nursing and education program, as well as great athletics, musics, and arts.

I would tell myself to not stress over the little things and to work harder on studying in high school. I picked up bad habits of procrastinating and not studying for exams in high school and once they carried over to college, I realized this could not continue. You need to be on top of your work and prepared for every quiz and exam in college because everything counts. I also worry over things that I cannot control and it would have been nice to know that when you can't control something, you shouldn't worry about it. It would have been great to know these things before I came to college and had to learn them for myself.

Anyone who has a love for Christ and wants to grow in their relationship with Him. The staff and students here are warm and friendly; I have never felt uncomfortable here. Anyone who wants college a place to be called "home" would do well here.

Marie

It is more focused on spiritual growth and most of the time is a very uplifting environment.

I would tell myself to choose a college not for athletics, but based on the most important thing in my life, my relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Picking the right college is important for your future career and the future relationships that will impact your life. I would tell myself that your first year in college is the most important. The friends you make and the choices you make are very important in shaping the rest of your life. Study hard your first year because it is hard to make up for mistakes further down the road (i.e. poor GPA). Your college years are some of the most important years of your life, so enjoy them and don't take them for granted. Make good choices and rely on God to help you find the right path and plan your future.

Anyone is welcome, and anyone that wants to further there education at a Christian-based college should so here, because they care about your spiritual well-being.

Allyson

It's best known for the Christian community, strong academics, and the overall sense of community.

As a high school senior, I really had no idea what college would be like. Being in my second year now, I am so thankful for choosing the school that I did and have loved my experience this far. Bethel is a genuine community filled with people who love you as they are. Don't worry about making friends- it will come really easy to you. Making the transition will be a little difficult because you will miss your wonderful parents, but you'll quickly adjust because you love your school so much and know that this was the place God wanted you.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of parking and fitness space available.

Mathias

Studius, fun to be around, agreeable in attiude and temperment.

Studius, fun to be around, agreeable in attiude and temperment.

I would say to balance out life more by not cramming classes into a semester, be more proactive in seeking out extracurricular activies, and get to know the professors in your department sooner rather than later. Most importantly, keep being yourself!

New student welcome, classes, dorm life, and of course my major!

Casey

It's going to be a lot easier to make the transition than you think and you're going to love it!

Desire of professors for their students to succeed.

Bethel University-Saint Paul administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.