Laie, HI
Brigham Young University-Hawaii

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Chimako N

Brigham Young University-Hawaii

Aloha from the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Brigham Young University-Hawaii is a wonderful school. The class sizes are smaller so you have the opportunity to get to know your professors. There are always activities that students can participate in every day! The basketball games are always filled with spirit and everyone always go to support the Sider boys! Being here at BYUH, you learn about the different cultures from the Pacific Islands, Asian countries, and other students from the mainland. Being a student here at BYUH, you get the chance to work at the Polynesian Cultural Center, PCC, and meet different people from all over the world. As you all know, BYUH is a private church school so majority of the students are of the LDS faith. It's great to be surrounded by people of the same faith. Unfortunately, we don't have sorority/fraternity groups, but we have different clubs and associations that we can join to mingle with people! BYUH is amazingly fun and plus, there is a beach right across the street!

Madison
BYU-Hawai'i

BYU-Hawai'i

Brigham Young University-Hawai'i is a wonderful school with amazing cultural opportunities. The students are respectful and intelligent and the social scene is very accepting and welcoming. The campus activities are frequent, appropriate, and well-attended. BYU-Hawai'i and employed an amazing, intelligent, and talented staff with very personable professors and councilors who are always willing to spend quality time with individual students to further understanding. The students are held to a higher standard of morals, intelligence, and service and everyone willingly, and happily comply with the raised bar. Brigham Young University is an environment where all encouraged to 'come to learn, and go forth to serve' in their communities and around the world. I have learned so much from BYU-H both inside and outside of the classroom and I am proud to be a Seasider.

D
Brigham Young University Hawaii

Brigham Young University Hawaii

BYU- Hawaii is a great, diverse school. Students are from all around the world which gives you opportunities to learn about different cultures. The campus is expanding and the new hales (dorms) are really nice. There is a nearby grocery store that everybody shops at, and the beach is a 5 minute walk.

Kulia
The Best!

Iʻm currently enrolling in BYUH, and have visited the campus a number of times. Canʻt wait to go there!

The Best!

Saeyoung
Great opportunities, great faculties, great environments

We are enthusiastic! We are awesome! We are always opened! The best school for international students!

Great opportunities, great faculties, great environments

Meg
I love BYU Hawaii

I love BYU Hawaii

I visited BYU Hawaii just last week and let me tell you I love it. The campus is rather small, but it gives it more of a homey feel and the counselors were so helpful in answering my questions. Also the new housing is incredibly nice and they have the degree I need

Erin
BYU Hawaii is the BEST BYU

BYU Hawaii is the BEST BYU

The whole community is small town modest charm. But I loved that I could walk every where and find a cheap place to live off campus, there are always activities and events going on and everyone one is tan and glorious and love to be adventurous with hiking and biking. Even the professors. It's a amazing place to go to school and you will never go hungry or be bored. My highest recommendation.

Mormon HI Life

Very safe campus, lots of cool beaches and hikes nearby, awesome professors with small class sizes.

Mormon HI Life

Chelsi Kanani

Self, you need to work to earn money my friend Im very very sure you're gonna need it because right now there are lots of bills you have to pay, tuition, books, school supplies, housing, meal plans and everything else, and I know that you wouldn't have money for yourself, I know, I'm actually having that problem right now... Start reading about words in English, there are lots of words that you won't be able to understand it is better safe than sorry, you don't want people telling you things that you don't have a clue about, so, work on your vocabulary!!! Finally, learn to freakin cook it will really help you, I'm telling you. You may think that having a meal in the cafeteria for the rest of your college life would be awesome because you don't have to cook? well, that's a big mistake. Make sure that you can cook really good food, start saving some of your mom's specialties and recipes so that you won't have to get tired of eating whatever, because if you can cook anything you are definately golden!!!

Well, a lot of students would say this, they hate eating at the cafeteria. I really didn't think about it at first, I actually thought the food was good considering that I was from a different country. But when time went by, I saw what everybody meant by it being horrible. It wasn't how it tasted by the way, it was just the food itself. They would serve the same kinds of food over and over again that you would get tired of it and won't like eating the same kind of cooking and same dish anymore.

I really get frustrated about the amount of homeworks teachers give. There would not be a day that would go by that a student would not have any homework. Every single day I have to check all my school websites just to make sure to check that I didn't miss any homeworks. Especially one's that have so much number of questions to answer which takes me more time than what homeorks should normally take. I mean homeworks aren't bad at all, sometimes it's just very tiring and frustrating when teachers would give too much to do.

Katherine

Brigham Young University Hawaii is well known for being open and accessable to all countries and cultures. There is a huge student population of those from different cultural backgornds. I had fellow students in my classes from all over the world including China, Africa, the Pacific Islands, and may more!

When I graduated High School I was not prepared mentaly for the rigors of University education. I had always done well in High School without working too hard, and had graduated with a 4.2 GPA thanks to AP courses. In my first years of Community College and Univesity I did similarly well, but toward the end of my program I had some serious helth problems that lead to a bout with depression that severly impacted my studies. At the time I felt hopeless and insecure. I felt that I was just going through the motions but still not progressing. If I could go back now and help my younger self I would tell myself to go back to the basics and figure out what is truly important to me. I would take some time to reflect on the bigger picture and how I can accomplish my goals. Even with all of the trials that I went through, I would not trade my troubles for someone else's, because they are what made me who I am today. I only feel ready now to go back to school because I know that I can overcome any obsticles I may face.

Brigham Young University-Hawaii administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.