Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Andrea

I think my school has really good academic advisors and professor that provide alot of guidance. Having such great help, helps me be more confident in my decision making as a college student and what roads for the best to take. Most of them have gone through what were going through and that makes me have alot of confidence talking to them because i know that they have my best interest in mind and they want to help me succeed at my college education.

I would tell my high school senior self to be prepared for a big change in your life to happen. Enjoy this new chapter in your life because it is going to fly by and it isnt ALL about studying and homework and tests, but also enjoying it. It is a great time in your life and it deserves to be enjoyed. Of course, keeping up in your studies and doing your best is key. Dont procrastinate on anything because itll cause you to procastinate ton other things. Dont be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and try new things cause you wont regret it. College is where you meet some of the best people and some of the people you will be friends with for the rest of your life. So, enjoy it, embrace it and go into it with no doubts or fears.

I wish i would have known how to plan our my schedule better, balancing both my major requirements with my general education. This would have helped me to stay on track on the road to graduating. I want to try and graduate early so knowing how to balance the two would have helped me alot.

My school is best known for being a school of excellence while also remaining one of the most affordable, private, Christian colleges in California.

I would tell my past self not to be intimidated by college. I would tell myself to let go of my feelings of inferiority and go for it. I would tell that shy, self-conscious girl that college is a place that she will thrive and grow to become the best version of herself. I would tell myself that it will be scary, but I have all that it takes to shine and achieve greatness inside of me, that I just need to find the right school and the right people to help me reach my goals. i would tell myself that I can do it, to trust myself, my abilities, and my intelligence. I would hug myself and tell myself that there are people in the world that valiue education as much as I do, I just have to step outside of my comfort zone and find them. I would tell myself not to wait until I was twenty-six to go to school. I would tell myself that anything is possible if you have belief in yourself, a good support system, and God.

I don't think someone that isn't motivated to learn, grow, or be pushed outside of their comfort zone in terms of new experiences should attend CBU.

Heather

I would tell myself to not hold back. When I was in high school, I told myself working full time was more important than getting an education. If I could go back, I would tell myself to go to school before anything else. An education is so important and the sooner it is acquired, the better equipped you are to enter adulthood and be successful in any desired career path. I so wish I could start over again and have the full college experience: dorm life, study groups, full time classes...even the worry about student loans! Taking a break from school right after senior year is the worst decision I could have made. It makes it that much harder to pick up where you left off and continue down that path. If I could go back, I would tell myself to continue with my education, press forward, and enjoy every moment of it.

CalBaptist is for those interested in growing spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. Classes are smaller which allow greater student/teacher interaction. Those interested in finding their career path with a Godly worldview are great candidates for CalBaptist.

Those who do not wish to incorporate a spiritual element into their education may not reap the full benefits of attending CalBaptist. As a private university, CalBaptist expressively invites God into the classroom, including scriptural application, both in and out of the classroom. Those who wish to not partake of such a fulfilling experience, or do not carry the same beliefs would not benefit from this experience. Though they are always welcome!

Sylvia

Never take the back seat in your own life. Take control, seize every single day and live fully. Invest of yourself fully and never sell yourself short. In the words of Ron Swanson, which you'll learn about later, "never half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing". I don't know the meaning to life, but I know one of the biggest parts of leading a satisfying one is by cultivating meaningful relationships. The most important relationship of them all is the one with yourself, so be most patient with you. Stop being afraid of being yourself and embracing what you like whether that be Crocs, beans, or girls. I know it's scary, but mom and dad will eventually learn to deal with it. Learn to love yourself completely so you won't feel the need to pawn that responsibility off on someone else. Remember, you're a freaking A1 catch, so treat yourself like it. And don't trust the girl whose eyes grow nervous when you ask her serious questions. She's lying.

I had taken a visit to campus before I officially decided to attend and was pretty well aware of everything I was to expect beforehand. Although, investing in a bike is not a bad idea depending on if you choose to live on-capmus and where.

CBU really does a great job of being a student-oriented university. There are always plenty of activities and events that provide good clean fun to get involved in. Also, there is lots of spirit when it comes to sports. The Fortuna Bowl to Midnight Madness are huge sporting events that the school plans out and spares no expenses to ensure memorable experiences. Coming from a much larger school before CBU, I was very impressed by the quality of the campus.

Kristin

My classmates are fun and caring, yet help me when I need clarification on the homework or classwork.

The advice I would give to myself as a high school senior would be to consider the classes that I was taking in high school and how it would relate to the major I wanted to study as some of them could potetnially prepare you for college. For example, instead of taking Advanced Placement Biology, I should of taken Physics as that would of prepared me more for my Civil Engineering major courses. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to apply to more scholarships as a senior in high school because it was easier to apply and there was a readily available counselor willing to give out scholarship applications almost every week. I would also say to take advantage of every opportunity and event as a high school senior because those opportunities are not neccessarily the same and could of contributed to more experience in my life. The last year of high school is a vital time when preparing for college.

The kind of person that should attend this school would be someone who is devoted to their studies and to God equally in order to combine to the two of education and Christian morals and ethics.

Michelle

From what I have experienced going to school on campus and off, I enjoy being online more than I do being on campus with my classmates. It's more interactive online. I never experienced interaction with my classmates while going to school on campus, and I never made any friends. Every one sticks to themselves and their own cliques, which can be very nerve racking to some one coming to the school for the first time. Other than that, the people who I have gotten to know are amazing people and I wish the best for them!

Knowing what I am capable of now, I would tell myself never to give up. Taking breaks is a complete waste of time, because your friends who choose not to go to college: will not be on the same path as you even one year down the line. It is also very important to listen to your parents and teachers, even if it seems as if they don't know what they are talking about. Being seventeen will fly by, just like the next four years of your life will in college. Remember how quick high school was? Imagine that times ten. Working, going to school full time, and maintaining some what of a social life is going to be diffucult but it will not last forever. College is going to be some of the most difficult, but rewarding years of your life. Take the bull by the horns, bite the bullet, and you can get it done in a flash. There is going to be no greater feeling than being finished, holding your diploma, looking to your family and realizing YOU did it.

I would consider the best thing about my school HAS to be the teachers. I have been to multiple schools im California, and this is by far the best school I have gone to. The teachers actually care, and I am known by my name not by a number. You can miss an assignment, and the teacher will be emailing the next day notifying you to turn in your assignment. Not only are the teachers amazing, but the school itself is an amazing and calm campus. You can really have a calm enviornment.

Sandi

Cal Baptist is a safe, friendly, and positive environment that is inviting and welcoming to every student, making you feel comfortable and cared about as you pursue your educational goals.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself as a high school senior to take your work seriousy and to keep your GPA up by maintaining good grades. By doing this, you can ensure that you will be accepted into a good college while eliminating the extra classes and work load you would have to do when attending a community college. You will also be introduced to scholarships and grants in order to help you pay for your tuition, which you will find exteremely beneficial when trying to attend school full time. Creating a goal for your future career will put you on a straight and narrow track enabling you to take the specific classes you need and move you in the right direction. Once you begin your college classes, keep attending and be consistent with your schedule as little breaks can lead to a fall back in your education.

The only issue I have had as an online/hybrd student is specific classes I would have wanted to take on campus (hybrid) can be changed last minute to fully online when not filled up.

Maria

I love this school and enjoy how faith is integrated in many of the projects and work. It's fun, loving, and the environment is great. You instantly feel like you are a part of a huge family.

I would say to focus more on my work and go to class. Do the best I could so that I can go to a school where I will succeed. I did not go to college right after school so I would say go to school right after you graduate. Do not hold back and to stop procrastinating, time flys and doing well in school is very important. Especially your senior year. College is important so make sure your ready to focus and of course have fun.

The best thing would be that they integrate faith in a lot of things that students do. They are so supportive and always encourage you.

Savannah

The best thing about my school are the small class sizes and the availability of most of the professors after hours for help. I've had teachers that really went out of their way to help me and other student's who struggled with the material. I'd say a lot of professors value stuent learning over student's merely getting the work done in time which is very rare in Universities these days.

High school was a difficult time for me. I knew I would never be able to go to college unless something miraculous happened. I worked really hard to get good grades all the while thinking "why am I even trying so hard if I’m just going to end up a waitress or in some other dead-end job?" For years that really affected my outlook on life and made me pessimistic; it robbed me of my youth in what should have been my best years. Then I realized that feeling bad for yourself when you have so much more than some is no way to live. I focused on giving my life worth and I decided college or not, I would live my life to help people by working with abused children. If I could go back I would say "don't lose faith because a miracle will happen." I would tell myself to let go and just be a kid, keep trying your best in school, and to never lose your love for those less fortunate than yourself because the only thing that matters in life is whether or not you made a positive impact on this world.

Conservative Christians or people looking into living a faith-centered life should consider attending CBU. People who enjoy partying should consider going to a cal state rather than a conservative private. This school has a good drama and nursing program for those interested in either of those fields. It otherwise doesn't have any programs that stand out.

Angel

This is the best school you could go to, and they make everyone feel great and special!

First off take the SAT's! Lots of people are encouraging you to go to community college but don't listen! It just takes longer to get through college! Stay focused now so it will pay off for your future in college. Don't let home life affect your studies ever. College life will be exciting, fun, but challenging and lots of work! Work on not being such a procrastinator now because that doesn't fly in college and makes life way more stressful then it needs to be! School first, fun later. Work on study skills now. Trust me! It will help you be successful in college. Now there will be stumbling blocks on your way to achieve your education, but keep going! Don't give up! Failures aren't people who fall down, rather people who fall down and never get up. If getting a degree were easy, then everyone would do it! By the way dump that boyfriend now! Six years down the road he breaks up with you, leaving you heart-broken and affecting your schoolwork and studies. Schools more important! Lastly always keep going, especially in those moments where you want to quit!

Someone who wants to go to a school that makes you feel like its all about you. This is a Christian school but they are very accepting of others, so Christians and non-Christians. Someone who wants a small feel to a school and feel individually important to your professors. Someone who wants to make friends for life and get a great college education. Someone who wants to play sports. Anyone who just wants the best education possible!

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.