Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Additional Loan Options

Danyella

My overall opinion of CBU is that this is a great university. I understand that the fact that this school follows Christian guidelines may not be everyone's forte, but that is not a reason to discount this school. Other than their want to make students feel safe on a community engaged Christian-like campus, this school offers so much to the students and even faculty. I think what is so promising about CBU is the way this college makes a great environment for not only the students but also the professors and workers. The environment feels overall prosperous and exciting.

Anthony

Great environment and education. Everything here is on a personal lever and staff really cares about you and your future and long to build a relationship with you. The campus is beautiful and clean.

Alicia
CBU Life

CBU Life

CBU has been an amazing experience. There is so much going on but the school has a strong emphasis on academics. It encourages students to think outside the box but also to immerse themselves into a community of people whether it be with other from your major or just extracurricular groups and such. I have had such an amazing time here and I would highly recommend considering it.

Audrey

CBU is an amazing university. There are tons of majors, so you have plenty of choices. The campus is beautiful and the food is amazing. CBU people are considered to be some of the nicest college students. CBU is faith driven, so you will be required to take religion classes. You shouldn't take classes here if you aren't open to that. There are many ways to get involved on campus and the school gives out a lot of financial aid to students every year.

Brittney

Driven and smart. They are always friendly and entertaining

Driven and smart. They are always friendly and entertaining

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to have more fun and try more things. I would try not to be so shy and worried about what others would think of me. The biggest thing I would change or tell myself to do differently would be to immediatly go to a four year university instead of going to community college and getting a job right out of high school. I think the way I did it put more pressure on me about trying to grow up too fast.

For me the only thing I can think of is that it is so far away from where I live

Katie

Take your studies serious now and be involved in student leadership. Focusing in those two areas will help set up a successful future for you at college and the rest of your life. Just remember that every "A" you get in high school it equals $1,000 in scholarship and grant money. Keep focused and be diligent in your studies because when you do, you will have a much higher success rate while your attending college! Keep pushing when life gets hard because it will all be worth it when you land that dream job of yours because you studied and became a more wellrounded person because of all the student leadership you were involved in. You Can Do It!!! Keep up the hard work and you will reap the benefits!

Adelia

The advice that I would give my younger high school senior would have been to have done better in school and not gotten poor grades in math. I would have taken the opportunity to having gone to California State University Fullerton and to leave off campus on my own. I would have looked for a stable job and interships in the meantime, and I would have chosen History as my major right away.

randall

Start school early, I have made the mistake of putting it off for many years. I am now 29 years old and it has been much more difficult to get back into the school life. Be ready to work hard right from the start, your GPA will be so important for you as you try to get money for school. Remember once your GPA drops it is much more difficult to bring it back up than to just keep it up there. Take this time of your life seriously but don't forget to enjoy it. I have loved every moment of school. There have been hard times, you will struggle, but this will be a time in your life where you will really start to see who you are. Socrates said "The unexamined life is a life not worth living". College is where you get to find out who you are, make the most of it.

I feel like it would not have mattered the school is so great at making you feel welcome and walking you through all the steps.

Anyone who is interested in higher learning especially from the Christian perspective.

EVELYN

I would have to say to pick a school that would most benefit you. Do not transfer to all these colleges, pick one and stick with it. Also make friends early in the semester so you can create study groups. Studying is key to passing. Making friends that care about their education as much as you do will help you succeed. Another thing would be to get involved. Time flies so make sure you get involved on campus somehow. Whether it is attending the volleyball or basketball game, or going to events where there are professional speakers, get involved. Also, talk to your professors. Get to know them and interact with them. The professors are there to help you, but they will never get to know you if you don't interact or ask questions. Do not be afraid to ask questions on something you do not understand. Last but not least, save money!! Learn how to save for emergencies such as buying an expensive textbook, or being hungry when you have a full day on campus. All these things are important and needed to reduce the stress and worry as a college student.

I brag about how beautiful our campus is. It is so natural and pretty. The campus is big but not too big.

The most frustrating thing about my school is parking. It is so hard to find parking at times. When people are walking to the parking lot I feel like a follow them in hopes that they are leaving.

Monique

If I could go back in time and give myself as a high school senior advice it would most definitely be to study harder and learn new study habits because college is not a breeze. I also would tell myself to try and get a higher GPA to get academic grants and play a sport to help get some scholarships that way. Also i would make sure I put in more time doing scholarships than I did at work.

The best thing attending California Baptist University is the environment. It is super friendly and easy to talk to the Professors.

I recommend those that are christian or trying to grow a relationship with Christ to attend this school. Also i recommend those who do not feel as if they fit in with the party crowd because it involves drinking and drugs. CBU provides many events that do not contain any drugs and drinking and still is super fun.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.