Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Fixed  rate loan

Kristin

My classmates are fun and caring, yet help me when I need clarification on the homework or classwork.

The advice I would give to myself as a high school senior would be to consider the classes that I was taking in high school and how it would relate to the major I wanted to study as some of them could potetnially prepare you for college. For example, instead of taking Advanced Placement Biology, I should of taken Physics as that would of prepared me more for my Civil Engineering major courses. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to apply to more scholarships as a senior in high school because it was easier to apply and there was a readily available counselor willing to give out scholarship applications almost every week. I would also say to take advantage of every opportunity and event as a high school senior because those opportunities are not neccessarily the same and could of contributed to more experience in my life. The last year of high school is a vital time when preparing for college.

The kind of person that should attend this school would be someone who is devoted to their studies and to God equally in order to combine to the two of education and Christian morals and ethics.

Michelle

From what I have experienced going to school on campus and off, I enjoy being online more than I do being on campus with my classmates. It's more interactive online. I never experienced interaction with my classmates while going to school on campus, and I never made any friends. Every one sticks to themselves and their own cliques, which can be very nerve racking to some one coming to the school for the first time. Other than that, the people who I have gotten to know are amazing people and I wish the best for them!

Knowing what I am capable of now, I would tell myself never to give up. Taking breaks is a complete waste of time, because your friends who choose not to go to college: will not be on the same path as you even one year down the line. It is also very important to listen to your parents and teachers, even if it seems as if they don't know what they are talking about. Being seventeen will fly by, just like the next four years of your life will in college. Remember how quick high school was? Imagine that times ten. Working, going to school full time, and maintaining some what of a social life is going to be diffucult but it will not last forever. College is going to be some of the most difficult, but rewarding years of your life. Take the bull by the horns, bite the bullet, and you can get it done in a flash. There is going to be no greater feeling than being finished, holding your diploma, looking to your family and realizing YOU did it.

I would consider the best thing about my school HAS to be the teachers. I have been to multiple schools im California, and this is by far the best school I have gone to. The teachers actually care, and I am known by my name not by a number. You can miss an assignment, and the teacher will be emailing the next day notifying you to turn in your assignment. Not only are the teachers amazing, but the school itself is an amazing and calm campus. You can really have a calm enviornment.

Sandi

Cal Baptist is a safe, friendly, and positive environment that is inviting and welcoming to every student, making you feel comfortable and cared about as you pursue your educational goals.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself as a high school senior to take your work seriousy and to keep your GPA up by maintaining good grades. By doing this, you can ensure that you will be accepted into a good college while eliminating the extra classes and work load you would have to do when attending a community college. You will also be introduced to scholarships and grants in order to help you pay for your tuition, which you will find exteremely beneficial when trying to attend school full time. Creating a goal for your future career will put you on a straight and narrow track enabling you to take the specific classes you need and move you in the right direction. Once you begin your college classes, keep attending and be consistent with your schedule as little breaks can lead to a fall back in your education.

The only issue I have had as an online/hybrd student is specific classes I would have wanted to take on campus (hybrid) can be changed last minute to fully online when not filled up.

Maria

I love this school and enjoy how faith is integrated in many of the projects and work. It's fun, loving, and the environment is great. You instantly feel like you are a part of a huge family.

I would say to focus more on my work and go to class. Do the best I could so that I can go to a school where I will succeed. I did not go to college right after school so I would say go to school right after you graduate. Do not hold back and to stop procrastinating, time flys and doing well in school is very important. Especially your senior year. College is important so make sure your ready to focus and of course have fun.

The best thing would be that they integrate faith in a lot of things that students do. They are so supportive and always encourage you.

Savannah

High school was a difficult time for me. I knew I would never be able to go to college unless something miraculous happened. I worked really hard to get good grades all the while thinking "why am I even trying so hard if I’m just going to end up a waitress or in some other dead-end job?" For years that really affected my outlook on life and made me pessimistic; it robbed me of my youth in what should have been my best years. Then I realized that feeling bad for yourself when you have so much more than some is no way to live. I focused on giving my life worth and I decided college or not, I would live my life to help people by working with abused children. If I could go back I would say "don't lose faith because a miracle will happen." I would tell myself to let go and just be a kid, keep trying your best in school, and to never lose your love for those less fortunate than yourself because the only thing that matters in life is whether or not you made a positive impact on this world.

The best thing about my school are the small class sizes and the availability of most of the professors after hours for help. I've had teachers that really went out of their way to help me and other student's who struggled with the material. I'd say a lot of professors value stuent learning over student's merely getting the work done in time which is very rare in Universities these days.

Conservative Christians or people looking into living a faith-centered life should consider attending CBU. People who enjoy partying should consider going to a cal state rather than a conservative private. This school has a good drama and nursing program for those interested in either of those fields. It otherwise doesn't have any programs that stand out.

Angel

This is the best school you could go to, and they make everyone feel great and special!

First off take the SAT's! Lots of people are encouraging you to go to community college but don't listen! It just takes longer to get through college! Stay focused now so it will pay off for your future in college. Don't let home life affect your studies ever. College life will be exciting, fun, but challenging and lots of work! Work on not being such a procrastinator now because that doesn't fly in college and makes life way more stressful then it needs to be! School first, fun later. Work on study skills now. Trust me! It will help you be successful in college. Now there will be stumbling blocks on your way to achieve your education, but keep going! Don't give up! Failures aren't people who fall down, rather people who fall down and never get up. If getting a degree were easy, then everyone would do it! By the way dump that boyfriend now! Six years down the road he breaks up with you, leaving you heart-broken and affecting your schoolwork and studies. Schools more important! Lastly always keep going, especially in those moments where you want to quit!

Someone who wants to go to a school that makes you feel like its all about you. This is a Christian school but they are very accepting of others, so Christians and non-Christians. Someone who wants a small feel to a school and feel individually important to your professors. Someone who wants to make friends for life and get a great college education. Someone who wants to play sports. Anyone who just wants the best education possible!

jocelyne

CBU is best known for being one of the top private Christian universities; they offer bachelors, masters and credential programs, they have a variety of majors , minors and programs to choose from. Not only that but CBU is also known for their beautiful campus.

i dont believe that there is anything that's frustrating at CBU.

Digory

Knowing what I now know about college, I would tell myself not to be scared of these exciting changes and that working your butt off to apply for all the sholarships you can get your greedy little hands on will pay off. While the constant, repetitive, and generic essays may seem quite pedantic and meticulous the award of even "small" portions of college tuition will be worthwhile, as the repayment of student loans requires the borrower to pay back this money with interest. Therefore, any payment taken off of tuition will be time and energy well spent. Think of it this way: even if you spend ten hours on a $500 scholarship essay that's still $50/hour which is far more than any high school student can expect to make bfore pursuing an education. I'd tell myself to try my hardest and that things will get easier and less stressful in time. Good luck old me!

I would consider the biggest issue on my campus to be the lack of diversity within the student body. An increase in diversity, whether it be ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, or gender identification, an exposure to this diversification can lead to a more well-rounded and accepting individual. Which is sadly lacking on our campus; fortunately though, Milwaukee itself does not lack in diversity at all.

The most frustrating aspect of Marquette is the idealogy of some of the student body as they tend to hail from more well-to-do families. The treatment of the education and what it costs them is very different from the students who come from lower to middle-range family incomes and pay for their own education.

Briana

As a high school senior, the only thing that held any sort of importance to me was my friends. School, let alone academics was not even a concern of mine. I graduated without glancing at my transcripts. If I could go back, and yell myself into action and responsibility, I would do it without a second thought. I would make myself apply for colleges, take the SATs and ACTs. Not only that, I would tell myself to go to a tutor and actually try. I never took High school serious. If I could go back, I would tell myself to take pride in my school work, as much as I did with my job.

California Baptist University is a Christian University, forming much of its academic foundation on biblical beliefs. It is not required to be a Christian to attend, however, chapel is required along with religious studies. I was skeptical at first because I had been sent to private schools growing up that left a bad taste in my mouth. However, CBU surprised me. Welcoming any type of student with full acceptance.

The help provided by Professors to pass your classes is unthinkable. With all of my experiences, they go out of their way to help, and if they can't, then The Academic Success Center is avaible for any enrolled student. The food is amazing, and the campus is incredibly beautiful!

Adrianna

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school there would be many things I would want to let her know. The first thing would be to not worry about making friends when you finally get to college. It seems a little ridiculous but that is one of the biggest fears all of my current friends had. I would assure my high school self that it would be nearly impossible to not make a friend. I think the next thing would be more of a warning to not get to overwhelmed, and really focus on the school work. It is very easy to get distracted in college. There is no one there telling you that you have to go to classes, or do the work, and while you will fail the course it doesn't seem as bad anymore because there isn't a parent yelling at you while holding a bad report card in your hand. I would encourage myself to do my best to remember that while there isn't as much pressure, I am still there for an education, and the fun can come second.

I believe the best thing about CBU is the community life it offers. There are always multiple events going on for anyone and everyone to attend. It gives many opportunities to meet new people, and make new connections. Not only this but there is almost always someone that you can go and talk to about any problems going on in your life at the moment. This is honestly one of the biggest benefits in attending CBU.

The worst thing ties in to the best thing of the events. Because while there are a ton of them if you commute to school rather than live on campus it is nearly impossible to know when any of these events are going on. You have to seriously listen and search for the times things are happening and most of the events are later at night which makes it quite difficult to attend.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.