Riverside, CA
California Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California Baptist University

Additional Loan Options

Our school is best known for our engineering program and nursing programs which have both expanded tremendously in the past few years. The Nursing building was renovated in the past year with up to date machines and technology. The ever expanding engineering program will be adding another building to the campus very soon. Also, in 2014 our campus food was ranked #2 on the best college foods in California. Sunday brunch is the biggest hit here at cbu, people all over Riverside come just to eat the delicious brunch.

If I could go back in time to senior year, I would tell myself to apply for as many schools as possible. Give yourself options and variety in the schools you get to choose from. Just enjoy yourself, because after graduation nothing about high school really matters anymore. Nobody cares what you got on your SAT or what your gpa was, it is all in the past and there is a fresh start to reinvent yourself. Go into college being open minded and talk to everyone, because you need people to keep you sane and focused at the same time. Have fun, but stay on top of your school work as well, it is the most important thing at the end of the day. This is the most cliche saying that everyone says, but it is true, these are the best years of a young persons life, so enjoy them. Go out and be adventorous and do things you have never done before, because before you know it, you'll be put into the real world trying to find and job and start your life.

California Baptist University is what I expected, it is a Christian environment where there are rules. So if you want someone telling you what you can and cannot do, then do not come here. It is not the typical college experience like most people think college should be like. Other than that, it is a school where the professors believe in you and want you to succeed. The school is known for their engineering and nursing programs, which are both amazing. Overall, the campus environment is very positive and welcoming.

Each of my classmates are a group of extremely motivated, intelligent, and incredible individuals; they are what makes the class enjoyable.

I would tell myself not to be afraid. Being in college is completely worth it; all the things your teachers and friends already in college are telling you is true. There will be bumps in the road; you will spend hours upon hours styuding for an exam, you will have to learn personal responsiblility through handling your own schedule and working out your own finances. It will not be easy, but one thing is certain- you have Jesus! Mathew 6: 25-27 says, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" Remember this! That college is an adventure that you get to experience! Don't let worry consume you and rob you of your joy- trust the Lord!

When I talk about California Baptist University (CBU), I cannot help but boast about the wonderful community I have been able to get to know this past semester. As a freshman, I have been overwhelmed with kidness and excitment for school, for life, for Jesus Christ. That all has been a huge blessing to me, and I just can't hold back from sharing it with all who ask about my school.

Ilbret

Don't ever be afraid of trying new things and following your true hearts desires. Never pursue an education based on what other people feel like is the best fit for you, pursue an education because you see yourself doing something that you passionately love. I have learned that you will fail a couple times and fall down, before you pick yourself back up and succeed. What you choose to do is the thing that you will spend the rest of your life doing, not anyone else. So, chase the dream that you are passionate about and don't ever let anyone else's negative feedback or any opinions hinder you from reaching the light at the end of the tunnel. In the end, when you love what you do as a career, you will never find yourself working a single day in your life. That is what fulfilling a dream is all about. If you see the light at the end of the tunnel, never give up. I found that age is just a number and it's never too late to achieve your goals, so I am doing just that, continuing to reach my ultimate dream.

That financial aid helps you out more than you expected and the fact, as I mentioned in the previous post, that your professor are truly willing to help you out whenever you get stuck in any situations. You don't have to worry about anything that you share with them because there is that peace in knowing that you can confide in them at all times.

I always tell my friends that my schools teacher-to-student ration cannot be beat! The way that our professors spend quality time on getting to know us better and actually call us by name around campus, is an amazing feeling! I always feel so welcomed. Also, the fact that I am NEVER waitlisted in any of my courses, allows me to feel truly confident in completing school on time instead of being pushed back an extra semester due to full capacity in public schools or classes.

Destiny

Get out of your comfort zone! High school was by far the easiest time of my life and yet I still put myself in a bubble. I was shy, I was and still am an extreme introvert and of all things that is by far my biggest downfall. Volunteer, get involved, make yourself known, and don't hold back. The four years I spent in high school I spent a lot of time worrying about what others would think of me, or just scared as to how I would look trying something new. I wish I wouldn't have. College is supposed to be the greatest years of your life and if you can't let yourself enjoy it all, you're wasting your own time, and there is no need for that. Be creative, be fun, be yourself. Learn to live.

Personally, while although not the worst but a drawback is the environment for commuters. I can't afford to live on campus which takes away from the college experience as a whole. I would love to be more involved and spend more time, but in reality it's just not possible. There are numerous activities for students living on campus but much less for commuters.

Of all things, the professors are the ones I brag about the most. As a private university you do get a feel of home, or even a sense of belonging due to the fact that you know the teachers genuinely care about their students. As a first year college student, I walked in blind and I am so thankful for the professors I have had the oppurtunity to learn under.

Chanelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself two key things: stop caring so much about what people think about you and to get involved as much as you can when you get to college. Having grown up in a town of upper-middle class to wealthy people, I was very much concerned with how I talked, dressed and what car I drove. I knew who I was as a person, but was so caught up in trying to impress those around me. Now that I am in college, I would return and tell myself that those material things do not matter; just be exactly who you want to be and people will accept you for the way you are. If they do no accept you, then you do not need those people in your life. Getting involved in college is one of the best things I have ever done. It has brought me many friends and experiences that I wouldn't have outside of those activities. I would also want to tell myself how important getting involved is.

The best thing about CBU is the spiritual aspect. There is a large emphasis on your relationship with God and there are plenty of opportunities to strengthen that relationship. The best thing within the spiritual aspect is CBU's focus on missions. Every year CBU sends out hundreds of students to reach those in other countries that are not reached.

There is nothing I would consider to be awful at CBU, but one thing that can get annoying is how empty the school is on the weekends. I live 8 hours away from CBU, so I can't go home on the weekends like most people do, sometimes leaving the campus feeling uneventful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I should be financially prepared because college will be a huge financial burden upon myself. I would also tell my high school senior self, that procrastination is the enemy. If you procrastinate in college, you will find yourself stuck in the library the night before your assignment is due cramming it in becasue you thought it wouldn't take as long to complete as you thought it would. One last thing, it is okay to change your major to figure out what it is you want to do. You may think you have it right the first time, but if you feel like you are not passionate about what you are donig, then it's okay to change the direction your life is headed in.

Before I came to CBU, I wish I would have known that the tutition was going to increase after my second year at the school. I also wish I would have known that because of the tutition increase I would not get as much financial aid as I did the first two years. It has been hard dealing with that, but I am doing the best I can to pay off each semester so that I can complete my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and my Spanish minor.

The most frustrating thing about my school is being open about my sexual orientation. I have been in a relationship with a woman, and it is hard for us to be together in public at the school because if we show any type of PDA people will know we are dating, and same sex relationships are not tolerated at my university.

Vanessa

California Baptist University makes it an enjoyable experience for students striving for their goal to success.

There is nothing bad about I can say about California Baptist University.

Brittni

California Baptist University is the perfect place to learn, grow, and figure out where you're going in life.

My school is best known for its community; the faculty, staff, and students are extremely welcoming and have real desire to see each student grow and succeed. When you attend CBU, you truly feel like you are apart of something special, from traditions to faculty-student interaction, CBU feels like home.

Don't sweat the small things. You're about to make the most life-changing decision. I know that things aren't going the way you wanted them to, but you have no idea what the next four years have in store for you. You didn't get in where you wanted to go, but trust me, CBU is not settling. You're going to make friendships and connections that will last a lifetime. Don't visit home so often, it will always be there. Get involved in campus activities; join clubs, go to events, be a part of the traditions. Visit your professors for office hours, they truly want to help you and you need them. Start researching soon, and don't wait until the last semester to take those pesky GE classes you're dreading. Communicate with your roommates, and look out for the people who are on the fringe. So many people around you are going to be struggling; try to notice the little ways you can make a difference. Soak up each and every moment, because it goes by even faster than you think.

Jeana

To little Jeana, At 17, you are younger than you feel an older than you seem. You have dreamed of university all your life and worked harder than anyone to have the perfect grades and perfect self to achieve that dream. And you will have that dream. You will go to a beautiful school and be adopted by the friends you've always wanted and educated by the teachers you hope to one day be. You will meet your best friend and you will have donuts every Christmas. You will meet your favorite nurse and have a cozy apartment. But right now, you're 17, being released from the hospital. You were refusing to eat. You were refusing to feel. You were alone. Little one, do not despair, your dreams still await you and no amount of self-hatred and neglect will keep you from them. You are so strong and so worthy of the work you've done for your education. It might not be as soon as you'd like, but you know that your best takes time. You deserve the best. Love, yourself.

My only regret before coming to CBU was that it was not my first choice. Had I known I would make lifelong friendships and grow as a student and person, I would have come to CBU sooner. I had spent time at another school prior to CBU that did not care to cultivate me as a human being. That school viewed me as a liability for my depression, but CBU viewed me as a valued member of a community with a purpose on their campus. I am only glad that CBU is my home for the rest of my education.

When I tell others about CBU, I tell them about how much my school has changed me for the better. This school has given me so many opportunities to grow academically, spiritually, and socially. The friends I have met here have helped me beat depression and I will cherish them for the rest of my life. The educators I have met here will continue to be my mentors after graduation. If you don't want to come here for that, we do have an on-site Chic-fil-A for your meal plan. Who could say no to that?

Patricia

I would advise myself to work harder in my academics and athletics. I would go back and tell myself to not let things like being in band embarrass me and to be proud to be my unique self. I would tell myself to try and get better grades. I would like to remind myself to always be proud of who I am. Also I would let myself know that it is extremely different transitioning from high school to college and advise myself to be a little more independent and take more initiative. I would also advise myself to create a savings fund because college is extremely expensive.

The worst thing about this school is the tuition. I know it is a private school and they probably need to charge students this much to keep up with the expenses but as a student it is going to be difficult for me to repay the loans I'm taking out to attend the university.

It is overall an amazing school and I think a student who believes in Jesus and has a Christian backround will fit in although others with the different beliefs could fit in too but they must be open minded. It has a very comfortable enviroment with very kind people who attend.

California Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.