Pomona, CA
California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State Polytechnic University-Pomona

Victor

"Never look back at life thinking you "should've", "could've", "would've", done anything. Be appreciative on what your parents have provided for you and actually adapt to the life you soon will end up living if you truly are given that opportunity to. Don't be lazy and slack off because it is your last year of high school and you think you already have it easy, make sure to finish above a 4.0 and don't settle for anything less. Whatever work you put into studying is going to determine on what you become later in life. So remain humble and keep focus on what you are set out to achieve. Every human being can change the world. It just depends if you are willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to change it and make an impact in it. Lastly don't ever stop being open-minded, if you want to be the best, then you have stay open-minded and take all criticism as a positive and benefit from all of it. Good, bad, or neutral, make sure you never stop growing as a person. You have high potential on becoming someone, now prove it".

I never like to "brag" for which I always remain to be humble. However, I tell my fellow peers and collegues that it is considered one of the best techinical schools that focus on engineering and designing. Which is my intended major and minor.

I am really appreciative that this school has given me the opportunity to enhance my chances of becoming successful. Therefore, I would not be frustrated one bit, but appreciative about attending my future school.

Mark

I was born with clubbed thumbs. My thumbs look like a ping pong paddle, short and round compared to normal thumbs. Throughout high school, my biggest fear was people's opinion about my stubby thumbs. Even though almost nobody actually looked at my thumbs, their opinion had a huge affect on me. Over my first two years of college, I have learned that my thumb shape is the least of my worries. By playing collegiate baseball, and working in the tutorial center, I have gained self confindence in my abilities on and off the baseball field that surpass anyone else's opinion of my thumbs. I would tell my high school self to take that self confidence and thoroughly apply it to my dreams. I would absorb knowledge like a sponge just because learning is one of the most powerful tools we possess. Finally, I would tell myself to take nothing for granted, and to try to becoe a better person everyday.

Primrose

One important aspect I faiedl to realize back in high school is that the world is so much bigger than I thought. I would tell my former self to get out there more, and discover life. I would tell myself to not be shy, to meet new people, travel, learn about the many different cultures, and to explore the world. I would tell myself to not worry about what others think, and to always be yourself, do what makes you truly happy. I would also tell myself to stay close to God, pray always, study the scriptures and be kind to all people you come across. We all have different lives and experiences which in turn helps us to be special and unique, what I would tell myself is completely different from what others would them themselves. In my life, I was always shy and timid. Being in college has helped me to open up and be myself. This is something I wish I knew earlier in life. I wish I could have done more things, and been involved in more school activities and dances. Now that I know these things, I plan on taking advantage.

Carly

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself I can think of many things to say. I would remind myself to enjoy life, and not let the stressful things get to me or let them affect my mood. I would tell myself to be openminded as well as try to not be afraid of the future. I would also tell myself to enjoy the friendships I made in high school, because sadly they won't last forever. One piece of information I would like to tell myself is to continue to be a hardworking individual that does not believe in giving up. On your darkest day, remember that the sun will rise tomorrow. Try to think about the big picture when you are upset: will this situation matter ten hours from now, what about two days from now. If the answer is no, try to take a deep breath and let it go. The biggest piece of advice I would give to my younger self would be to love. Don't be afraid to love and be passionate about things. And always remember that everything happens for a reason.

Cal Poly is a school that is accepting of all different cultures and beliefs. With that being said, the type of person that should not attend this school would be someone who is unmotivated. This schools gives such great opportunities it really would be a shame for someone to pay tuition, and go to class, to not participate or want to be there.

When I talk about Cal Poly to friends I tell them what an amazing campus it is. Not only is the campus beautiful, but you really feel at home when you are there. Although it is a very large school, you make great connections with people that have your same major. The professors in your major are more than willing to help you and are there if you have any questions. I had such a wonderful experience and have been blessed at Cal Poly, I can only wish my friends can have an experience like mine.

Daniel

The campus is very beautiful, but it is very hard to the get classes you need to graduate in a timely manner.

I substitute for high school frequently, and I am always telling students I wish someone like me was advising me at their age. I would first start by telling myself to studied more with less procrastination. I would also tell myself not to let my relationships take priority over my schooling. However keeping im mind that the right girl will only motivate my study habbits, not hinder them as she would be considerate of the educational goals that I have set for myself. As soon as you transfer to Cal Poly start taking a variety of classes that include dance, philosophy and physical education. Those classes not only help you build confidence, but they will help you make friends and enhance study skills. Don't get caught up trying to hang out with people. Focus on your studies. Don't just chase the Bachlor's in pre-veterinary medicine, but go after the doctorate degree in veterinary medicine. Go to the different veterinary schools and find their prerequisites, because without those you won't get in to those schools. Don't lose focus, stay motivated, learn to roll with the punches and never give up on your dreams.

The only kind of person that I wouldn't recommend attending Cal Poly Pomona, is the kind of student that works full time and is hoping to attain their degree in four years. The competition to get into the necessary classes is already high amoung second and third year students. The competition makes for classes to be offered only at specific times, which would mean the students schedule would be constantly changing. The only way to get a degree in four years at this school is to sign a four year pledge, and keep the grades to remain in it.

Aaron

One of the most important things I would tell my high school self is to learn to love learning! Ultimately, all knowledge is interesting, so do not get complacent or lazy in the mundane classes. You have every potential to be excellent, so jump at it and be just that! I would also tell myself to worry a bit less about girls, and really take the time to find myself first. Figure out what you really want to do with your life before you spend a couple years in college to figure it out. That way, you will not spend time bored to death in classes you are not really interested in, with little motivation for both school and the future. One final thing I would emphasize to myself is to procrastinating. You are definitely better than that. Do not settle for mediocre any longer. Impress yourself, impress your instructors, and prove to your family that you are worthwhile, because you most certainly are. You have been through a lot in life, so do not let your old habits carry over to college, and do not let them drag you down. Good luck, and be amazing. You can do it!

My school is most known for its practical teaching. It provides a more technical experience as opposed to research based. Therefore, there are rarely any long term papers. We tend to do much discussion based education, not the typical lecture. Also, I would like to say that the semi-isolated atmosphere of the campus is one of the better parts. It allows you to become much closer to people and it is a pleasant environment to study in. This pleasant environment is mainly due to ecological friendly practices and the luxurious amounts of green space everywhere.

As a high school senior, I was constantly worried about what school was best for me and whether my decision to go into architecture was the right choice. While in my fourth year of school, I feel that I haven't made much of my college experience. My particular major is very demanding with torturous all-nighters and dead-lines coming all too soon. With all this, I didn't have much of a social connectedness with the main campus. While the general education classes allow for interaction with other people, I generally remained quite unsocial. This however doesn't make me regret my choice though. Finding what you love to do is the best even if I know I might not be able to get a job because of the current market. I would tell past self though that I should become more involved with the activities in school. This could include living on-campus and joining various clubs and a sorority. Honestly, going to college isn't just about gaining that paper that says you have a degree. It is about yearning for what you love and being able to share your experiences with those around you.

People who like a crowded atmosphere with numerous amounts of people everywhere shouldn't attend this school. The school actually owns many acres of land, but it is centrally located in a small cluster of buildings. The rest of the land is occupied by agriculture animals and greenery. While there are a few fun activities on Tuesday and Thursday, you can't really feel like you are involved in the school unless you join a fraternity/sorority or an extra-curricular club. Once you do, you will have a fun time.

California State Polytechnic University-Pomona administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.