Claflin University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Claflin University

Hillary

At Claflin University everyone is full of the scoolspirt. Everyone that attend this school make this school family oriented. They welcome everybody in and make them feel as if they are at home. There are some students that think about the school in a negative way, while others think of thee school in a positive. There are plenty of fun activities going on around campus; such as, movie night and global night. As far as the professors, they try to make learning as fun as possible by relating the topic discuss in class to something in reality that is interesting or funny. They will help you out as much as possible but, you have to actually be working hard in their class. Overall this is a excellent school to go to as long as you enjoy being in a small family like community.

Orlando

Great school with small, personal classes. Best HBCU around.

Ariel

The social scene is not the best but Claflin is a good school. It's what you make it. If you want to learn and have fun you will, if you come in with a negative mind set it won't be that great for you. It opens the door to a lot of opportunities like jobs, internships, and conferences.

Tasha

Claflin is a great school with overall very friendly students and faculty. I'm an out of state student but I feel right at home and they make you feel like you're never alone. They have great resources and everything. I feel like I came to the right school because although I didn't push myself hard enough in high school, they're pushing me hard now at Claflin, got me out of my comfort zone and feeling great about myself and the people around me. Claflin looks great on people's applications and I talked to some alumni and by the looks of things, Claflin got people some really good paying jobs. Most of the alumni I talked to are doing great for themselves so I'm using that as lead way. I recommend this school to everyone, especially out of state students.

Alleyah

This college was not on my radar during until my senior year of high school. After visiting the campus and interacting with current students, I knew that this college was right for me. The class sizes are small, the campus is well kept, and its easy to get to where you need to go. People genuinely care about you here, and that's something that I have never seen before.

Alexia

Claflin University is a HBCU that was founded in 1869. This institution is a great opportunity for students who are interested in fine arts, biology, criminal justice, and sociology pathway. Some things at Claflin can be improved but the overall experience of Claflin is a good one, you have to make the best of your experience here.

Alphonzo

It is a great school with a great culture. It has a family feel around campus, everyone treats you as you are their family and also always willing to help. People who graduated always say when you graduate Claflin. You will develop Claflin Confidence that no other school can give you. To make you feel confident about your interview, job, and etc.

Deja

My experiences at Claflin University is wonderful. Claflin is a great HBCU school to attend. I am just so grateful that I made the right choose to come to Claflin University to further my educations.

Aries

Claflin University is one of the top HBCU in South Carolina. I enjoy the professor but I do not enjoy the activities they have on campus. The professor is willing to work with the students and they enjoy teaching. Claflin University would be a great school if they could make the campus welcoming.

Mekeala

An amazing school, even though it is an HBCU Claflin welcomes people of all ethnic backgrounds. The campus environment makes me feel like I am at home even though I am away from home. The only con would be that the financial aid is a bit slow when processing student concerns and needs. Overall Claflin is an amazing school to attend.

Kamisha

Claflin University is a all around school. The people are nice and friendly and always there to help when someone is in need of it. The campus is small but everything is there and easy to find. Claflin is like a family environment school everybody is treated the same.

Jurnee

My overall opinion of Claflin University is GREAT! I absolutely love all the things that they have going on around campus that will help me become more of a successful student. I enjoy the class sizes because the classes are not that big and i am able to get interaction one on one with the professor in and out of class. I have met so many great people that work at Claflin university and is also around the campus at Claflin. They have helped me so much along the way since i first stepped foot onto this campus. Even though i am not that far away from home i still feel as if i am at home. The care that each and every person has for one another is out of this world. I also enjoy Claflin being a small campus and not that much of a big campus like most schools because i am able to get to meet everyone, see the same people everyday and also being able to feel like on huge family. My decision of choosing to come to Claflin was such a great idea. There are many opportunities out too help me and better myself. One thing i can say is i will be a proud Claflin Alumni in 2020.

Adasia

Attending my HBCU, Claflin University has been the best decision I have made yet. It is a fun, safe, and amazing place to learn and meet new people! With small class sizes, Claflin allows you to have a unique learning environment where you can get to know your professors!

PennShelia

Claflin University holds the utmost respect and care for each one of their students. Here at Claflin, you aren't just a number or a face in the crowd. It is extremely family-orientated. The professors are willing to work alongside with you, they're encouraging and are willing to go the extra mile to see you succeed. The campus is welcoming and is always kept clean! We hold different events and have various organizations on campus that everyone can get involved in. We focus on giving back to the community in which assisted on enhancing and epitomizing us into as visionary leaders. We host numerous community service events--Canned Good Drive, Clothes Drive, Blanket Drive, creating cards on holidays for the nursing home and more. Each student is required to complete a specific number of community service hours. Our freshman year we were assigned a total of 40 hours to complete. I excelled and completed a total of 73 hours, simply because I love giving to the community. I am a currently a student officer serving as Claflin University's Sophomore Secretary. Our goal as student officers is to set an example for others to follow. We have a variety of resources on campus; to name a few: the library, the financial aid office, the writing center and many others. The school officers as well as other members of the school are very open and eager to hear suggestions of ways to improve the university and make us students and visitors have a worthwhile experience. Being that Claflin is a Historical Black College-University, it has a multitude of culture, allows us to receive an HBCU experience and understand our heritage. Attending Claflin University has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

DaJa

Claflin University is an independent, four-year, co-educational, residential, career-oriented liberal-arts university affiliated with the United Methodist Church. With an enrollment of approximately 2,000 students, Claflin has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. The University has 117 full-time faculty members with nearly 80 percent holding terminal degrees in their respective fields. Claflin boasts four academic schools encompassing a wide array of disciplines and offers 35 undergraduate majors and two graduate degrees including the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Science in Biotechnology. Claflin's Alice Carson Tisdale Honors College provides an academically rigorous and dynamic learning environment for select high-achieving undergraduate students. Claflin is a great school, small things just need some adjustments.

Tamera

Claflin is a very great school. Everybody makes you feel welcome and I love it. I would recommend people to attend this school. It's not all about Greek life. EDUCATION comes first. The campus is not large at all which is great! You will get to know everybody on campus since it's small.

bre

calflin is a ok school. although there are a lot of things they dont tell us that we have to do at this university. things such as, we have to do community service( which is required), we also have to attend assemblies and different events on campus.

olyve

Claflin University is an amazing school. This school feels like a big huge family there is always someone looking out for you. I feel extremely safe at this school. Even though this is a good school the life outside of the University there is nothing to do. The professors our great and are very understanding and keep great office hours.

Zyi'Jena

Claflin is a great school.

Makiya

Claflin University is an amazing HBCU! The culture and environment is so welcoming. Everyone finds a place to fit in and we’re all like a great big family. The class sizes are pretty small so you really get that one on one time with your professors. I couldn’t imagine myself attending any other college or university!

Ronyee'

Upon arriving at Claflin University, I thought the school seemed a bit small, compared to the universities I'd visited before. However, I do think the small campus makes me feel a bit safer to go places alone because there are usually people every where. I think the campus is very beautiful as well as SOME of the dorms. I'm very comfortable with the learning environment, which I have the student to teacher ratio to thank for. The food could be better, but overall, the school is amazing. I would recommend others to apply and take a tour of the campus.

Shayla

Claflin University is a great school. We indeed have the BEST president, Dr. Tisdale. I have never heard nor seen a president do what our president has done. He sincerely cares about the betterment of the school. Majority of the staff and faculty are the same way and due to the campus' size, we are very family-oriented. We as Panthers, always look out for other Panthers in any way we can because at the end of the day, we are ALL trying to be successful. We don't make everything a competition between each other; we have true spirit because we are Visionaries.

Tequila

Claflin University is one of the top hbcu in the nation. It is a University full of visionary leaders. Everyone treats each other like family on my campus and it makes it very safe. We come together to celebrate and even grief together respectfully.

diana

it is an amazing place to get away and learn from dedicated professors, and most of all become your best self.

Mohogany

I feel that Claflin is a great school for academics, but should have a little more activities. I'm glad that they partner up with their neighbor South Carolina State University to give students more of the "fun" side of college. They do this by letting their students participate in the football team, marching band, and more at SC State. I feel that this is a positive thing and will help students from both schools see that you can interact with students from different schools instead of staying inside the box.

Lance

I will be attending Claflin University in the fall. I have visited the school twice and I think it is a beautiful school. The people are very friendly, especially the tour guides I have met. The camps feels very comfortable and I think it is just right for me. It is close to home, but not to close. I will be able to see my family just 45 minutes away and also be able to grow as a young man without their interference.

Amari

I think that Claflin University is an excellent institution. The students are always interactive with their peers and professors. Everyone always have very positive attitudes towards each other. The professors are always willing to help. Student love to take time out of their busy schedule to participate in the different activities on campus.

Tiffany

Claflin University tuition is very high and I cannot afford it. And this scholarship is going to help out a lot with tuition or book money.

Tariq

The school is great for networking and seeking careers but needs a variety of activities.

Jenell

Claflin University to me is how ever you make it to be. When I first got to claflin it was a mind blowing experience. You felt at home. Yes there were times I missed my family but claflin made it a way were I could feel like I didn't need my parents at all times. Claflin taught me how to make great decisions and how to pick and choose the people that I have in my life.

Xavier

Best HBCU

Wallace

Claflin University is a decent college with respectable professors, okay food, and a comfortable campus all around. On campus dorms, it's a bit of a mess at times when the janitors are not around but it's still slightly comfortable when there's no one here for the holidays. The students around here are pretty cool with varying personalities around. So that's my opinion of Claflin University.

Jakerra

I believe attending Claflin University was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My Freshman year was better than I could have imagined. The faculty and staff are all there to do whatever is necessary to help you succeed. Claflin University has truly become my second home.

La'Quonda

My overall experience at Claflin, I would have to say is an learning experience. The way they help uplift students. is amazing.

Tequila

Claflin University is the home of the panthers. It is where visionaries lead by role models to fulfill the career and make a change in the world. Claflin University is a place where you are a part of a big family that cares. Academic matters as well as leadership.

Imante

I love Claflin and all that it has to offer!!

Ronitra

I love Claflin! It’s the best choice that I’ve made! I honestly couldn’t picture myself anywhere else, because I have claimed Claflin as my home. Yes all schools have their faults, but college is what you make of it

marion

It is a small campus that allows for everyone to have multiple opportunities. Everyone knows most of the staff on campus, even our Dean. Also everyone has great spirit and love for our school. Clubs and sports play a major role in participation with the school. Lots of people come out to support them in their events.

Anshel

Claflin has a very warm and friendly environment and most of the professors and advisors are excellent. However, the lack of entertainment available in Orangeburg fosters an atmosphere of partying and recreational drug usage. There needs to be more activities for students to get involved with off campus to get their minds off of the stress of school work.

Juwon

In my opinion, Claflin University is a school worthy of greatness and a great academic facility to learn and grow. This school gave me a chance to learn about myself and become what I truly want to be in life. When I was young I dreamed I would become a zoologist, and now at Claflin I can reach that dream.

Andrea

My overall opinion of Claflin University is, it is a very prestigious school that cares about the education of their students. I enjoy the atmosphere and the classes. They are fully dedicated to the success of their students and want nothing but the best for them.

Diamond

I love my HBCU! Great school and wonderful professors. Attending Claflin University is the best decision that I’ve ever made. Everyone is know because it’s a small campus and we’re offered one on one time with the president. The only thing that I’m not interested in at Claflin is partying, but students know how to balance partying and studies.

Teylor

Claflin is a great school to attend on the aspect of academics. The professors have a genuine love of the subjects that they teach and the campus is small. However, student services could be a little better with trying to help students instead of giving them the bare minimum. There are a lot of opportunities at the university and the alumni are some of the most involved in the country. Claflin may not have the best food, but they have superlative networking and professors.

Monique

I think Claflin University is a good school for anyone who wants a good education and also who what to get a good job after they graduate. You will meet interesting people from all over and get into different cultures along the one. I hope my child attend a HBCU like me but it doesn’t really matter though as long they get a good education.

Aneisha

Great University! I'm glad to be apart of the Claflin family, it's a small school but everyone here is like family. Makes you feel very welcome and the instructors have your education at their best interest. Claflin believes in everyone becoming visionary leaders and serving in their community. Just a awesome learning institution to attend.

Kathryn

Just like anywhere you go, you are in control of your destiny and your experience. You may have to go outside of your comfort zone at times but you won't regret it. Life's what you make it and the illustrious Claflin University can and will point you towards a positive, prosperous future.

Ivana

Claflin University was not my number one school choice, but after having attended for a year and a half, this institution is one of the best in the United States. The amount of care exhibited from the professors is rare and the classroom sizes are perfect. Also, the quality of academics are phenomenal. Although the music department is not huge like other universities, the music department at Claflin University is top notch and is filled with passionate, talented professors who want the best for their students.

Mykia

They treat you like family and want everyone to feel welcomed. There are always events going on they want everyone to be socially active and get to be close to one another. They are also people who genuinely encourage others and want to see people do their best

Emersen

Claflin University is a great school, but it is still growing in many ways. The campus is gorgeous with lots of brickwork and everyone is nice and welcoming. Overall, there is a good academic culture, but the split between those who are dedicated to their work and those who are not can be frustrating. Furthermore, you will find faculty who will be there for you, but there are also some who are there because it's a day job (but that's anywhere you go, honestly). Overall, I definitely do not regret my decision to come to Claflin! It seems like the school is definitely in transition for the better. There are people here who really care about the students and there are so many opportunities available, but you must take the initiative to realize them for yourself. The school has come a long way, and I can't wait to see where they go in the future! I love my HBCU!

Zariah

So far so good! Could use a few improvements but no school is perfect. For instance, actually taking action or considering student complaints or advice so that we know that our voices are being heard. Claflin is also a historic black college so and we’ve had the same president, faculty, and staff for about 20 years. They’re used to claflin being ran the same way but it’s also important to accommodate the new generations of students.