Davenport University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Davenport University

Chelsi

While attending Davenport University, I experienced numerous professors that made students teach the class to themselves. Most of the professors were nice but they were not really interested in the success of students. My advisor enrolled me into classes I did not need and I actually went through four different advisors in my year as a student because they kept quitting.

jared

davenport is an amazing school to attend. its a little pricy but in all honesty, it's worth every penny. the other students are super chill and respectful to everyone's opinions and ideas. the classroom atmosphere is also great and the profs don't make things weird which is great in my opinion. davenport has few flaws and that's why I go there.

Devin

I was overall surprised with the quality of Davenport University. Originally, I decided to give it a shot after hearing some good reviews from friends. The IT networking academics have accumulated quite a reputation for high quality education and it is wonderful to see the school strive to maintain it. Additionally, The Committee on National Security Systems in conjunction with the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly announced the designation of Davenport University as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE/IAE) for academic years 2011 through 2016. It is a great education experience and the professors are very connected with the students. Many teachers give out their personal cell phone numbers to assist with any questions and respond very quickly.

Kailey

I think its fantastic. All the professors have been working in the field that they teach so they bring real experience to the table, not just book smarts. All the professors are very understanding of working students and students with children. They don't get upset if we have to come in late or leave early because they know there is life outside of the classroom.

LUIS

Overall I am very happy that I chose Davenport University. I have met some amazing people, made some great friends and have had amazing professors. The school might not be in the heart of a city like other schools but there are places nearby that you can always have fun at.

Kelsey

I will be attending Davenport in the fall after transferring from Lansing Community College. And so far my experience has been great, the teacher and academic adviser's have been very willing to help me and aid me through the process of transferring. I am extremely ready to begin my semester in the fall knowing that the staff really does care about you wanting to succeed in life and further my career in technology.

It's a nice school. It is a smaller campus, so it is easy to get to know people. Since we have just recently moved to D2 our sports teams are working to make a name for themselves. I do not live on campus, so I do not know much about the on-campus housing and food services. But overall I like the school.

Terri

Overall Davenport is a very good Univeristy. The school has several satelite campuses that allow for students to live closer to home if necessary. The school puts a large emphasis on relating the classroom to the real world which is one of the best things along with the availability of the instructors at any time (within reason).

Iain

Great place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great placeGreat place. Great place. Great place.

Jared

Davenport University is overall a great university with great education. I am a student in the nursing program here at Davenport University's Lettinga camps, their main campus located in Grand Rapids Michigan. Davenport University's nursing program is highly noticed for their great success in and outside the class room and even after students have graduated. If you are a student that is highly focused on your education and a successful career path then Davenport University is the college for you.

Briana

I love that my advisor really cares about me, and is interested in how I am doing in my classes. Class size is great the student to professor ratio. The professors really are there to help you whenever you need it.

paige

Great place to learn!!!

Jeramie

Good school!

Grant

I love the school. The class options (blended 7-week) are amazing. I don't live on campus since I am a transfer student but the campus is beautiful and I enjoy being out there. The class sizes are fantastic. I've had classes with around 12 classmates. This size is perfect because you get to know your classmates and professor, and they get to know you. It's very personal.

Tammy

davenport seems to be a great place to go to school, I love that they offer online courses. The teachers are always there when you need them. They help with financial aid so it is easy to apply, they have all the tools you need to succeed in what ever career you are pursuing. over all davenport is a great place to go for your degree.

Ryan

I am a non-traditional adult student who wants more than anything to earn my bachelor's degree, but attending here has not made me feel "old". From the time I first enrolled, my advisor has been awesome! She will get down in the trenches with you to make sure you are having the best college experience you can have. I love that you are taking classes that are major-specific as well. I do believe classes can help a student to become well-rounded, but when you don't have a lot of time or a lot of money, it is good to only take the classes that you need. The instructors and faculty are great too. I have had to use tutoring services and seek my instructors during non class hours and it has been easy to do. I won't tell a lie and say that there aren't challenges with a few things, but that is to be expected wherever you go. There is something for everyone here and that is what I like most about Davenport University.

Emoni

Im my opinion, Davenport University could be a thousand times better. They’re not really organized and very unprofessional because they create deadlines which no one can agree to. They aren’t reasonable, staff is rude and not professional on some parts. The only reason Im staying is because it’s close to home and they have a Nursing program.

Alison

I go to the Midland, MI campus. It's very small and wish it had more of a large university feel but overall I love it. The professors are amazing and always there. It's nice to be with a small group of nursing students who are going through the same thing as me. Someone is always there to talk to my advisor is so awesome !

Heather

Davenport University in Lansing, MI is a place to receive quality education from skilled, able, interesting, and ambitious professors. Due to it being a commuter school, the college-life experience is not readily available here. However, it is nearby to a large and well-known campus with a great downtown area and college life scene. Because a vast number of students are adults who live and work in the area, the students take their learning seriously and are a great group to be with if that is also your goal.

Shureen

I love this school. I feel important and they are always there to help, or personally guide you to someone who can help you. I have had nothing but positive experience while enrolling and getting the entire process from transfer credits all the way to getting into class.

Margaret

Hello, My overall option of Davenport university is great, i really enjoy attending davenport university. However for me to keep attending davenport i need help paying for help,hopefully with your help i will be able to achieve my goal. Thank you and have a bless day

Cody

I love Davenport University! I never knew much about it until about a year before I went there and now I love it completely. The people that work there are really nice and communicate with you well and really want you to have a bright future. Plus, there seems to be always something going on at DU that you can get involved in with. Even in my case of being a commuter to the school.

Elly

I love Davenport. The teachers are friendly and care about your well being and education. I have met so many new friends and have had the opportunity to go to many events and join groups. The campus is beautiful and is very up to date. Classrooms are nice and have an average size - they are not too big.

Tarsha N.

Davenport University is one of the few schools in MI offering the LPN program with a flexible and online schedule that allowed me keep my full time job and attend classes. The advisors are not well knowledgeable therefore my opinion plan your own schedule and research your own information.

Ahmed

its a small university but it makes up for its small class size that helps in a one on one teacher interaction unlike no other and instructors who are easy to reach and assist in your learning. They also have many ways to improve your grade like tutoring hours for all your classes.

Ahja

The moment I visited Davenport University I realized that this would be THE school. I loved everything about it - from the dorms to the student life and to the food. I also enjoyed the atmosphere of the school and how diverse it is. The student life there is lively and the athletics department is amazing based upon the new equipment, gym, and field that was received recently from State Farm. Another thing I love about the school is that it’s not far from the airport and it’s approximately 20-30 minutes. It’s easy transportation from the campus to the airport with no problem. There is campus security 24/7 and security for our dorm rooms can only be accessed with personalized key cards. The campus is small, and not overwhelming like large campuses and I feel that I would be connected with my teachers and classmates because of it’s small class size. Additionally, there is academic help for students as well. There are a variety of sources that are available to students to help with different subjects and majors. There are tutors, study groups, teachers available at various times, and other sources to help students with their academics. Finally, the campus is only 10-15 minutes from downtown and with the activities going on daily I will be able to enjoy myself. I can confidently say that I will enjoy attending Davenport University. I will be attending there this fall and I can't wait to learn, get active in student life, and be a part of the golf team.

Alyssa

Davenport has had many issues during my enrollment. During my freshman year, there was a serious delay in acting on many complaints put forth about the English teacher. It also takes the school by surprise when they have to accommodate disabled students. It took about six months for them to fix the door in the dorm building so that my friend's wheelchair could fit through. They are generally slow to react to issues on campus.

Jasmine

Davenport University is an overall good school. I attend the Warren MI campus while the main campus is in Grand Rapids MI. Speaking for the Warren campus, the course work load is intense and should be revised to ensure a higher passing rate. Also this campus needs to improve their organization with the curriculum and planning events. Also there doesn't seem to be enough staff to accommodate the amount of students currently attending. Lastly, all of the campuses should have some of the same student amenities that the main Grand Rapids campus has since the tuition rate is the same to attend at all campus.

Makala

Academically I think the school has a lot to offer. They have great professors and class sizes. As far as student involvement I don't feel they have a large amount of extracurriculars that students partake in. Also, the campus size is very small, leading to limited study places and food options.

I currently attend the Lansing campus which is a commuter only location so there is no cafe or housing on campus but I love the environment, I get along with classmates and professors are always there to help even if you're not in that specific class anymore but you just have a question. Even the advisers are great here and with the exception of the price because of this being a private collage I would recommend this university to anyone and everyone, in fact I do!

Scott

Davenport is a good school to learn at and also will be a good jump start to your career. The students and faculty are also very nice and helpful. The class sizes are minimal, so it gives you the chance to get extra attention and learn in a better environment. The technology is also up to date which helps with learning that you can bring with you for on the job experiences.

From the beginning I have been impressed with Davenport University. Davenport focuses on producing high quality education and less on the party scene. Being that this is my second degree that was exactly what I was looking for. Advisers, faculty, and Professors go above and beyond to help one succeed. I was extremely happy with the admission process, I felt well informed and all questions were answered. The campus is very clean and safe.

Kortney

I enjoyed my academic experience, and I found it to be beneficial with the size of my classes and the attention I could receive from my professors if need be. In addition, I know there is more growth to come in the future for DU! Cant wait to see what’s next for the university!