Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

Dear Nick, You need to stay committed to learning something new every day. Learning is a strong percentage of what it is to live. As you learn you will be able to adapt to things easier and that will help you a lot in college. Understanding how to learn is a very important thing to have in your life. You will be able to make friends easier, get things done easier, and will overall be more knowledgable in a lot of things. I can list a ton of examples of how learning something every day will help you but I know that isn't what you want to hear. Take my word for it and think it over with yourself. You will soon realize how good of an idea it is. You will be able to acheive your dreams with a strong commitment to learn new things. It is a changing world and employers are not looking for the ability to do a task, they are looking for an ability to learn how to do the task. There is too much information in this world to not want to learn at least a little bit of it. Regards, Nick

I would tell myself that the first year of college is one long transitional period. Throwing yourself into new surroundings in the midst of new people and facing new challenges is terrifying and difficult—the mistakes that you make are necessary and will help you grow as a person. Take notice of how you change, and seek only to change in a positive direction. Don’t feel obligated to fit in or find yourself at once, because it won’t happen yet. Flow with the changes and wait until you find a place that feels right, that feels like the real you. Furthermore, accept the new opportunities that arise. This is a time when other people recognize the potential in you—you must realize it too. The chances you get in the next year will be once in a lifetime. Academically, socially, culturally, you must grab what is within your reach, because it could change your life forever. Don’t be worried, don’t be timid, and most of all do not be afraid of the next year—it will be extraordinary.

Michael. You should quit taking life in strides and begin to decide where you would like to see yourself in the future. The things one does define who they become. Very rarely are there any second chances in life, so "carpe diem." Not only will discipline and focus help you decide what you want to do, but it will ease your transition from high school to college. College is a different than high school on many levels. Others are no longer responsible for your welfare and being. Others do not sit you at the dining room table and make sure you complete your homework. Others do not wake you up in the morning and get you out the door for class. You must learn to operate on your own. On the other hand, emancipation is a sweet freedom. There is no more curfew. Your friends can crash on your couch without you asking for permission. But most importantly, you will begin to form your own professional networks, identify mentors, and learn yourself better than you ever have before.

The one advice I would give parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience would be to do a lot of research. College visits and research is important into getting to know the environment of the school and knowing how the campus operates. Understanding the college's mission and obligations is important. Also, getting involved in extra-curricular activities, sports, clubs, and community service is a fantastic way of making the most of the college experience. The student will develop, adapt, and learn how to make new friends and work with many different people. It is important for the student to expose him or herself to the campus and explore every opportunity that may interestest him/her because you never know when an opportunity may come again. The student can develop the greatest friendships in the least expected places and gain professional experience that can be taken into classes or the student's future career.

Knowing what i know now i would tell myself first to believe inyourself. At that time when i was in high school i was in a household with two parents who were addicts so you kinda of have that low self esteem about yourself and the things that you do. So i would sit down with me and tell myself, no matter what you can do and be anything you want in life, you are smart and beautiful person. Stay focused on your grades and do what you love to do, if you need the help do not be afraid to ask for the help. I would also tell myself to stay away people who are not like you, in high school its hard finding yourself so i hung around kids who skipped school and smoke weed. I would have told myself to stop then, because now that i am twenty-six years old it is harder for me know, i should have a career bynow. So i would definetly tell myself to stay away from thoughs crowds, and to always put GOD first in everything that you do, once you does those things you will suceed in life

I am currently in my second semester of the RN program. When I take a minute to reflect on my college experience so far, many things come to mind, but most importantly a feeling of gratitude. My college experience has allowed me to gain a vast amount of knowledge, but also learn what dedication, perseverance, patience, and passion is about. It has been a valuable experience for many reasons, but above all, it has put the value of knowlege into perspective for me. Knowledge, unlike most other things we will aquire through out our lives, can never be taken away from us. As I reflect back on this past year and the many challenges and changes I have faced in my life, I often find myself having feelings of gratitude towards my educational experience. Going to college will better my future, make me a stronger more dedicated person, and give me a knowledge that I will only be able to further expand upon. This makes my college experience a priceless asset to my life.

If you are a student, and you don't know what you want to be, make sure you pick a college that has everything. Don't go somewhere where it's hard to transfer out of one major and into another. Try and think about what kind of person you want to be. I think college is a huge financial burden and if you can figure out what you want to do before you go you'll save yourself a lot of money, and time. Don't think that you have to go to a four year private school to have a full "college experience." You can meet new people and have fun no matter where you go. Always remember that you are a paying customer at your college. Don't put up with substandard teaching or conditions. It's your money. Don't be afraid to complain or things will never change. As long as you get that piece of paper at the end of it, you'll see that all the hard work is worth it. Most importantly, college is a jumpstart on life. Be an individual. Be independent. Have fun. And remember to call home.

I would love to go back and tell myself just how smart I really am and that If I work hard now, I can play hard as an adult. I would tell myself not to let fear of failure deter me from striving to achieve my goals and that I am invincible when I set my mind on something despite the obstacles. I would strongly urge myself to enjoy being young and take my time growing up. I’d encourage myself to set the bar high and to stay away from the easy roads because anything earned easy can be lost just as easy, from finances to friendships. I’d strongly advise myself to put all faith in God and to love myself enough to achieve all my goals and enjoy life before starting a family. I’d urge myself to finish school while I’m young and not wait until I get in my thirties to wise up. Life is what you make of it. You can choose to be a victim of circumstance or you can choose to be victorious. Work hard, love hard, play hard and always go hard or you might as well go home.

HI John my name is John too. Im glad your taking the time out to learn from someone whos been where your at now. The most important thing I can tell you now is that time really flies once you graduate from high school. With that being said it is crucial that you attend college to further your education. Your a good looking guy too John so its also important to practice safe sex. Theres nothing wrong with having children but it will set you back. If I was you I would finish school get a degree and instead of a regular job get a career. Hey, your still young and you have plenty of options. Try and stay around positive poeple and things will work in your favor. last but not least keep away from drugs and alcohol these too will limit you and/or keep you from your dreams. You seem like a bright kid John ten years from now im going to want to meet you and see how far along youve came. Never give up life is tough but what dont kill you will make you stronger.

In high school I was very aloof and followed the direction of others rather than going on my own path educationally. I feel like I wasted 4 years of education since I didn’t leave college with a career path. I graduated with a degree in biology but with no clear idea of what I wanted to do with my degree. After working for a bit, I realized that I was meant for a career in nursing. With all that I learned in both college and after college my biggest piece of advice to my high school self would be to shadow different careers in college and to not pick a specific major until you know what you want to do. I think I would have found my career path and goals during my undergraduate education if I hadn’t narrowed in on a major right away. In addition to advising myself to shadow different careers, I would also tell myself to be open minded to everything. You never know what will interest you and you don’t want to not try it because you’re close minded.