Drexel University

« See more reviews of Drexel University

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would advise myself about time management. College studies are much more productive with time management. Proper time management allows students the ability to gain the most knowledge from classes taken. It decreases undue stress so that the student is better prepared to focus on classes and the learning progess.

Find a college that offers the major you WANT to do, not what you think will offer the most money. I go to Drexel because it offers what I love to do, writing. Writing is my passion, I'd never choose Medicine over Screenwriting just because it pays more since I have no passion for it. Also, find a college you are sure you can afford. Money is just an unnecessary stress.

I would choose not to give my high school self any advice at all. I found that the best way to grow as a person is to learn from your experiences and your mistakes. Although I could give my younger self some very helpful advice on how to approach college the "right way", I would not have experienced certain challenges that have shaped me into the person I am today.

Make sure not to choose a college beacuse of your frineds. Find the school that is the best overall fit for you. College is not always going to be a fun experience, but it is a learning experience. Everything learned in college will lead you on the path to where you want to go in life. Make the most of your college experience. Do not be afraid to try new things.

First and foremost you need to pick a college where you will be able to succede. Dont just choose a school for its social life, however at the same time make sure there is some kind of social aspect. It is very hard to succede somewhere when you are not happy where you are. Try and find the right balance of academics and social life in your choice of school.

If money is an issue, like it is for my family, the most expensive college is not necessarily the best. Get all of the details, and talk to current students (who aren't hired by the school to be tour guides)--they will tell you the truth about the overall happiness of the students at the college. Because that's what counts--your or your child's happiness.

Overall I am happy with the way I made the college transition for the most part but a few things could have been done different. Fisrt, I would save even more money for college then I did becuase books and just living are expensive. Also, I would tell myself as a high school senior to join more student groups and intramural sports, to meet more people.

I have had great experiences with my instructors. They have a willingness to help students who have troubles with certain areas in the class. My confidence has also grown each quarter and I feel more independent. The classmate relationships are a great help because when you need help and the instructor is not available you can always ask a classmate.

The most important aspect of finding a college is visiting it. It is best to get a feel for the campus and sit in on the classes. I personally also believe that students should attend the best school possible for their educational and career purposes. Try to get the pulse of what professionals in your field of study think about the school.

Dear David, Make the most of your senior year at high school. There is a great big world out there and it will take a lot of hard work and determination to get the most out of life. Do your best, don't be shy, and ask for help when you need it. You will come to find this out in your own time. So for now, relax and enjoy your senior year.