Springfield, MO

Evangel University

« See more reviews of Evangel University

I would just tell people that to go to a school that reminds them of high school so that the transition from high school to college wont be that big. I know for me when I went from a small high school to a pretty big university was a huge trasition. It was hard to meet new people, get to where you need to be, and to get your homework done just because of the expectations that a university has over a high school where they make sure you get your stuff done.

In my experience at Evangel I have learned how to increase my self motivation and discipline when it comes to getting things done. College has also taught me the importance of responsibilty and consistancy with the effort that I put forth. Another thing that I have learned here at Evangel is the importance of networking. A lot of times when it comes down to who gets that job or that opportunity it is your connections that can give you the upper hand.

Having strong academics is definitely important, but after two terms sit down and really think about which classes are making you happy and which ones are not. Just because you are good at something does not mean you have to major in it and interest is not as good as passion when deciding a career. Have some confidence in yourself and your abilities and do not pass up oppurtunities to learn more about yourself and what you really want out of life.

I would tell myself that going to community college seems like a great idea, but I should just go to Evangel right away. By going to Evangel right away, I would graduate on time. If I went to Evangel right away, then I would be able to find a job that I could come back to every year instead of struggling to find one with the short amount of time I have left. Going to Evangel right away would have been a smarter move to begin with!

I have learned so much from being at college. I have learned how to work hard to gain an education so that I can be the best teacher that I can be. I have also learned how to accept and love other as we live in a dorm all together. I have learned how to be successful with finanaces on my own. I have learned that it takes time and work to accomplish our dreams. I have also learned that I can be independent and be my own person.

I would tell myself to take advantage of the money I was making at the time and save, save, save!!! I was preparing to become management and was going to a community college; my costs were rather low and my income was around $1300/month and yet I had no savings when I transferred to the university. Money is one of the biggest issues I have faced, and with a little planning earlier on, it could have potentially been avoided.

honestly i would just tell myself to culm down. when i was in high school i thought i was going to be lost in college. i thought i would be lost without all the peolple i new, in a new bilding, with a new atmostphere, but i was not. the transition from high school to college was not a transition at all. it was like any other thing i have ever done. knowing all this know whould have helped my past self from worthless worry.

I would tell myself to get involved in anything and everything! Of course spend time on studies and academics but you always need a little fun time, it helps alot! Just be nice to everyone and be open to being anyones friend, because most likely one day you might need something from that person or they might have a class with you. College is a huge eye opener to the real world, but is a great experience also!

This school embodies everything that I believe in. It has shaped, molded, refined, and is continuing in making me the man that I am going to be. The teaching is phenomenal, the professors are high-quality, the people there are so welcoming and this has become my home away from home. Coming here has taught me a lot about myself and a lot about my life. It's putting me on track for the rest of my life.

Get involved, even during your first year at college. There are so many things to experience, and the more you become involved, the more connected you will feel to community. Balance is crucial. Do not take on so many involvements that you miss the beauty of the moment. College life is not about the number of activities you are involved in but the relationships and experiences that shape you.