Oneonta, NY
Hartwick College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hartwick College

Melissa

First I would encourage myself to go to college straight out of high school instead of waiting. Secondly, I would let the younger me know that college is a life time experience that will help build the foundation for success in my future goals and dreams. Then I would simple tell myself that no matter how hard things get that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Furthermore, when one door closes another door opens... the opportunities are endless. Grab life by the horns and take charge.

Hayley

It's a small school so you meet a lot of people, and if you don't meet them you at least see them around. It's also right next to a small town so if you need something all you have to do is go down the street.

Be prepared! You will have those days where the stress is too much to handle, and where you just need a "sick" day. (Usually this is what the weekend is for.) At first it will seem hard: leaving home, meeting new friends, living with a roommate. But, that's what college is all about. You have to feel that pressure to fit in and that stress to keep up your grades because that's how it's going to be for the rest of your life. You have to be strong. Never give in to pressure, and know that there will be people willing to help you. There will be people pulling you along when you think you can't go on any longer. You WILL make it. Believe in yourself, you'll be great.

I think the professors and the social environment are the best things about Hartwick. The professors are willing and able to help, and they're almost always available. Also, everyone here is very friendly and helpful. There is someone available to help with stress, school work, etc. found in every building. The community is very welcoming and we all feel like family.

I would advise myself to work harder in my math class, which was trigonometry at the time, to prepare for college level math- and take really good notes to refer back to. I would also advise myself to speak more with my counselor about college and to apply for scholarships.

I would tell my high school self to work harder, study more, and take dual credit courses. If my GPA in high school would have been higher I would have been able to go to a better college and would have qualified for more scholarships my senior year.

Lindsey

I would say to myself to make the exact same choices I made because I am in an excellent program and having experiences I would not be able to have any where else.

The nursing program is the best thing about my school because it exposes me early on to hands on experiences and gives me more clinical hours than any other school near me.

The hills are the worst thing about Hartwick. It is a lot of work hiking up and down every day.

Kaylyn

My school is very friendly and welcoming to all who come.

My school is very friendly and welcoming to all who come.

I would advise myself to have all of my dorm supplies ready well in advance, that you will be eating quick food in your room alot and less in the commons. I would tell myself that my professors are less scary after the first few clasess. I would plan to work out much more often ( the freshman 15 is very real).

The best thing about Hartwick College s the fact that it is a small community, the classes are small and all of the teachers are more than willing to help all of the students as much as possible. We are a very close campus and it is a comforting feeling to feel so close and comfortable with everyone.

KRISTEN

Knowing what I know about the college life and making the transition, I learned to stay real to who you really are. Don't try to conform to be who someone else might want you to be. You're wants and needs come first.

Kaytia

Hartwick College is unlike other colleges. It is like a community full of families. The staff there welcome you with open arms. They make sure that your are comfortable and all your needs are met. As you already know we are a small college. I say "we" because i am now considered apart of the Hartwick Family. We get more one on one time with our professors. We have a zero tolerance for violence. Dont we all want to feel safe at home. Well at this home we all are. Also Hartwick college offer many activities for us, students.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self i would advice myself to take 12th grade more seriously. I would tell my self that 12th grade have an effect on the future me. I would advice myself to practice harder at softball and exercise more often to be healthier for the future. Stop wasting time in classes and make sure i arrive at school early and ready to learn. If i could go back in time i would be a better person. Make sure the fights i had with my mom never occured because my future self misses her like crazy. A key factor that i had to tell my past self was to apply for scholarships because if she does then she wouldnt be in dept right now.

I mostly brag about the fact that I know I am getting a good education. I know I am living in a safe environment and that my school is clean. We all hope for a clean place so wats not to brag about. My favorite thing to brag about though is the fact that i get unlimited food. Hartwick College offer an unlimited food package for all students.

Althea

I wish I would have kniwn how large this campus exactly was before I came here because I might have been a little more prepared for it.

The worst thing about my school is transportation at my own call to downtown where the malls and such are located.

sabrina

My campus is on a huge hill. Not many campus' are like that which is not a bad thing. You really get your exersize and it help you to stay healthier. My college offers a 3 year degree program(which I am currently enrolled in) that is not as hard as people think it would be. Its really helping me get on with life as fast as I can.

If I could talk to myself as a senior again I would tell myself to stop worrying. College is nothing to stress about. It doesn't matter what people think of you anymore. I would want myself to know that my academics are more important than finding and making friends, even though making friends are important. It's easy to make friends when you open up. I would tell myself to make sure I take my academics seriously because college determines who you'll be in the future. I would tell myself to stick to your values no matter who or what challenges you because in order to be honest and true, you must be honest to yourself. I would tell myself that even though you need to concentrate, its not bad to sit back and have fun with friends. I would also tell myself that teachers care and not worry about them being mean. People are naturally goodhearted, expecially teachers.

I wish I would have known that the college is a great place to be and that you shouldnt be afraid. I wish I would have known how academically liberal my college was because it make a huge difference in what you want out of life.

Hartwick College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.