New Rochelle, NY
Iona College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iona College

peter

Go to the campus, go on tours. Visit friends without your parents to get a feel of the social life. Make sure the food is good. Make sure they seem to know their stuff, and that the programs work for you.

Joseph

Classmates are friendly, interesting individuals that usually share the same goals and ambitions as I do.

Find a college/university that you feel you will get the best academic and social experience out of. Forget about costs, unless you are in a really bad financial situation, because you cannot put a price on something as valuable and imperative as a higher-level education. The college experience is part of the success of your education as well. Dorm; live off-campus. Having time for your own self to develop as an adult and learn responsibility, trust, and management will only give you an advantage as you grow older.

I wish I would have researched on the academic situation pertaining to how many credits I must obtain in order to graduate. I feel that I was not given a thorough explanation of the academic paths I should or could have chose.

Bernadette

The perfect mix of social life and academics

The perfect mix of social life and academics

You just know as soon as you step foot on the campus whether or not its your school. Just trust your own gut. And parents let your children decide don't try to get them to go to your alma mater, just trust your children.

Someone who wants a big school with large sports games

Krystal

Absolutely, when searching for a college, go and visit them. Make time, visit as many as you can and make sure everything about the college and campus feels right to the student, not the parents. Try and take a student-guided tour, talk to people who attend and work at the college and see what life at the college is like. Then, when you find a college that is right, make some friends and get involved. Sitting in your room all day is boring and leaves you with nothing but regret for the things that you never did. Get your schoolwork done, but have fun along the way. Clubs and organizations are there for you, the student, so take advantage of them. Don't forget to eat healthy, and don't party too hard. Be safe, have fun, these are the best years of your life.

I wish I had realized that housing is only offered to freshmen and sophomores, and how difficult it would be to work and go to school around here as there are limited jobs within walking distance and cars are not allowed.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag mostly about the proximity to New York City and the availability of activities to do because of that. Also, I can brag about having a graduate program that is specified exactly to what I want to do, which leaves me to get into a masters program almost as soon as I gaduate.

Monica

Their pretty much normal.

Their pretty much normal.

Research the school you want to go to first, and also take a visit to the school. This could be the best way to get a vibe from the school and if you connect with the school.

How long I stay in school. I basically spend half the day their but I love it.

megan

Many students come from wealthy families and can take this opportunity for granted.

I would say that it is important for students to visit the campuses of the schools that they are interested in. I would encourage overnight stays so that students can see if they really feel comfortable on campus. I would also tell students to consider a variety of campuses in different locations, for example urban, suburban and rural. Each campus setting has a different feel to it and has something different to offer. Finally, I would say for students not to let money hold them back from attending the school that they want. Iona College is expensive but I am having a great time and I have a wealth of opportunity here.

There are two types of people, those who are materialistic and those who are seriosuly interested in helping others. I think that students who work hard can find a lot of opportunity here and I would encourage socially responsible people to attend Iona College.

ashle

you really have to fall in love with the college you cant force your child to go where you want them to go its really there decision and let them have there space and there fun

Fun outgoing loves to hang out and have a good time

Gabriela

My classmates are hardworkers and very self-motivated.

My classmates are hardworkers and very self-motivated.

To the parents I would tell them to stay on top of everything their child does so that they feel more eager about what they do and give them plenty of support when making the decision of what school their child should attend and keep that same enthusiasm through out their time in college. To the students finding the right college is hard make sure you do plenty of research and when you find the right school make the best of your time their, be responsible because your on your own and ALWAYS make the best of it and everything will be just fine. I can't tell you more then that because everyone?s experience is different you control what happens just follow these easy points and you will be fine.

I think the worst thing about my school is the lack of time we have with so many classes and activities provided for us. But at the same time its a great thing.

Iona College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.