New Rochelle, NY
Iona College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iona College

tara

My advice is to come to iona if you like high school... its pretty much the same thing, small classes, not too much or too little going on socially, join greek life or a sport and you will have a great time at iona and learn a lot.

finding the right college is not easy. you have to be sure if you want a large or small school and what you want to do with the rest of your life. its a difficult decision but my biggest suggestion would be to visit the campus's that you are interested in. when i came to iona i felt like that was where i was supposed to be immediately and then i was comfortable with my decision and 4 years later im so happy i stuck to my guns because i have had the best experience here

the best thing about this school is that you can have a one on one relationship with your professors. that really makes a difference because you feel like they actually care about you

peter

Go to the campus, go on tours. Visit friends without your parents to get a feel of the social life. Make sure the food is good. Make sure they seem to know their stuff, and that the programs work for you.

Joseph

Find a college/university that you feel you will get the best academic and social experience out of. Forget about costs, unless you are in a really bad financial situation, because you cannot put a price on something as valuable and imperative as a higher-level education. The college experience is part of the success of your education as well. Dorm; live off-campus. Having time for your own self to develop as an adult and learn responsibility, trust, and management will only give you an advantage as you grow older.

Classmates are friendly, interesting individuals that usually share the same goals and ambitions as I do.

I wish I would have researched on the academic situation pertaining to how many credits I must obtain in order to graduate. I feel that I was not given a thorough explanation of the academic paths I should or could have chose.

Bernadette

The perfect mix of social life and academics

The perfect mix of social life and academics

You just know as soon as you step foot on the campus whether or not its your school. Just trust your own gut. And parents let your children decide don't try to get them to go to your alma mater, just trust your children.

Someone who wants a big school with large sports games

Krystal

Absolutely, when searching for a college, go and visit them. Make time, visit as many as you can and make sure everything about the college and campus feels right to the student, not the parents. Try and take a student-guided tour, talk to people who attend and work at the college and see what life at the college is like. Then, when you find a college that is right, make some friends and get involved. Sitting in your room all day is boring and leaves you with nothing but regret for the things that you never did. Get your schoolwork done, but have fun along the way. Clubs and organizations are there for you, the student, so take advantage of them. Don't forget to eat healthy, and don't party too hard. Be safe, have fun, these are the best years of your life.

I wish I had realized that housing is only offered to freshmen and sophomores, and how difficult it would be to work and go to school around here as there are limited jobs within walking distance and cars are not allowed.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag mostly about the proximity to New York City and the availability of activities to do because of that. Also, I can brag about having a graduate program that is specified exactly to what I want to do, which leaves me to get into a masters program almost as soon as I gaduate.

Monica

Research the school you want to go to first, and also take a visit to the school. This could be the best way to get a vibe from the school and if you connect with the school.

Their pretty much normal.

How long I stay in school. I basically spend half the day their but I love it.

stacy

look for scholarships, and aim high because you'll never know what horizons you could reach.

friendly, out-going, a few are shy

more information regarding scholarships and grants

megan

I would say that it is important for students to visit the campuses of the schools that they are interested in. I would encourage overnight stays so that students can see if they really feel comfortable on campus. I would also tell students to consider a variety of campuses in different locations, for example urban, suburban and rural. Each campus setting has a different feel to it and has something different to offer. Finally, I would say for students not to let money hold them back from attending the school that they want. Iona College is expensive but I am having a great time and I have a wealth of opportunity here.

Many students come from wealthy families and can take this opportunity for granted.

There are two types of people, those who are materialistic and those who are seriosuly interested in helping others. I think that students who work hard can find a lot of opportunity here and I would encourage socially responsible people to attend Iona College.

ashle

you really have to fall in love with the college you cant force your child to go where you want them to go its really there decision and let them have there space and there fun

Fun outgoing loves to hang out and have a good time

Iona College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.