Iona College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Iona College

Vivian

The main reason why I chose Iona College was because of how small the college was, I personally enjoy having a small classrooms it helps you interact more with the professors and students. I am in a sorority and this also helped me get more involved on campus, it also might be helpful if you are far away from home.

Kristina

Iona College is a fantastic place to be apart of. There are six dorms on campus, East Hall being the only communal one. The people in the school are very friendly and there are lots of events planed. Always get involved because there are many activities that are hosted where you can make friendships.

jetmira

I like the college's staff and professors. They are all so interesting and motivate us to do our best as students. Overall I think the people make the college.

Iona College was an excellent school. Professors were knowledgable, everyone is friendly, and there is access to any educational tool a person could need. Greek life was a major part of my experience at Iona. There is a Sorority for everyone and most of the school events are run by Greek Life and Athletics. The professors in the Psychology department were extremely knowledgable, reasonable, and engaging. My profs were always available when I needed them and were always helpful. I highly recommend Iona College!!!!

Victoria

There were three main qualifications I had when I was looking at colleges: I wanted strong academics that would suit my learning style, multiple opportunities to get involved on campus, and I wanted to be able to see my school as a home. When I first stepped foot onto Iona's campus, I knew I was home. Now, as a Junior at Iona, I am absolutely certain that my decision to become a Gael was the best decision I could have made for myself. The academic atmosphere of Iona is truly spectacular. Professors are available not only during office hours, but during nearly every hour of the day. I have even had professors who give their home phone numbers to students because they prefer phones to emails. There are not many institutions that can provide you with such personal attention for every student the way Iona does. With small class sizes and dedicated professors, class discussions are always engaging and entertaining. I have been able to establish strong relationships with professors which has opened doors to numerous opportunities, such as scholarships or internship interviews within my field. The residence halls at Iona College are very well kept. There is a brand new dorm which opened in August of 2016 and provides additional on-campus housing for upperclassmen students. There are also opportunities for off-campus housing, such as apartment complexes and houses, which are available to students. The meal plan at Iona is also incredibly unique. Not only does the meal plan cover the two dining halls on campus as well as the two coffee shops (including a Starbucks), but it also applies to over 20 restaurants around New Rochelle. With this meal plan, I am able to eat what I want whenever I want without breaking the bank. Additionally, this allows for the opportunity to celebrate friends' birthdays with a special dinner that you can cover on your meal card. The campus community at Iona is perhaps its greatest asset. It is the type of community where people will hold the door for you on a regular basis, or will offer to help you carry boxes from the mailroom up the stairs to your dorm. People are particularly kind on Iona's campus. If you are ever having a rough day, it will not take long for someone to reach out and help you feel better. The support provided on this campus is astonishing to say the least. There are constant events being held in order to educate people on and advocate for different groups and populations, and our motto "fight the good fight" is truly one which we live by. I cannot imagine myself anywhere else for these four wonderful years, and I only wish I could stay longer and continue learning in an environment as nurturing and supportive as this one.

Danielle

My overall opinion of Iona College is that it was an amazing experience. Although I was a commuter, the other students always kept me involved in what was going on on campus. The professors were very hands on and helpful. It was a great environment to learn and meet new people.

raquel

Iona College is a great school, its institution provides help and opportunities to elevate ourselves​.

Nina

Overall, Iona College has been a rather joyful experience for me as a freshman. It is a beautiful campus with lots of things going on, and resources for students if you really need. There are always people available to help you, including professors and staff members who are always very helpful no matter your issue. There are lots of clubs and organizations that appeal to lots of people and their different interests, including sports. The friends I have met in one semester alone are some of the best people I have met and I know that they will be friends for a very long time.

Brian

The college is very small and the town around it is not safe. There is not much to do and it is easy to get bored at this school. I made some very good friends, but I had to transfer because this is not the college for me. I see the same faces every day and I would like a school if I was meeting new people all the time.

Sih

I like it.

Paola

Overall, Iona College has a very homey feel to it and I love the tight-knit community that Iona possesses. In addition, as a commuter, I feel that Iona puts great effort into creating social events and activities for everyone, including commuters, to get involved. Lastly, I love that Iona has small class sizes because I feel intimidated in large class sizes and my college has done a great job making sure that I feel included and stimulated in and out of the classroom, as well as challenged in my work. Iona College is a great place to be, if you love getting involved and being in a community environment.

David

I am currently working my hardest to apply for scholarships and try to complete the money that i need to be able to attend Iona College in the fall of 2018. My visit there was absolutely amazing. From the coaches of the waterpolo team to all the athletes on the team and also many other students and athletes that i met on campus, they were all amazing. The team felt like a real family and it was easy to be able to connect with one another and that is a very big part because i felt welcomed as if i was back home.

Anaya

Iona College has amazingly polite students. They make you feel welcome! I haven’t felt an abundance of school spirit like Iona’s. The excitement in sports and academics is truly inspiring. I feel comfortable and safe when I step onto that campus. The campus has a very beautiful entrance that welcomed you.

kaitlyn

I love it and I am planning to attend in the fall. I went to accepted students day and I didn't even want to leave. The environment there is so calm and the people are all the nicest people that I have ever met in my life. That is by far the best college that I have ever visited.

Zachary

Terrible dining options. Don't come here if you're vegan. Food is overpriced. They recommend spending $12 a day on food to stay on budget, but a simple burger with nothing on it is $5.59; you can barely get two decent meals with a drink and side a day if you wanna stay in budget

Philip

It is a great school and a great environment. The food is SOO GOOD. Sports are a huge thing there and is taken very seriously. They've got some die-hard fans. It is a school where everybody is welcome because people approach you and make you feel like you belong. It's a place I'd recommend anybody to go.