Mount Pleasant, IA
Iowa Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Iowa Wesleyan University

devon

IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME AND TELL MYSELF ABOUT THE TRANSITION TO COLLEGE I WOULD HAVE TOLD MYSELF TO PRACTICE STUDYING SKILLS BETTER. I WOULD'VE ALSO TOLD MYSELF TO BE READY TO SEE A NEW ENVIRONMENT BECAUSE THERE ARE NE PEOPLE OF ALL DIFFERENT KINDS IN COLLEGE. I'LL TELL MYSELF THAT COLLEGE MOVES MUCH FASTER THAN HIGHSCHOOL AND BE READY FOR THE SPEED OF THE INSTRUCTORS PACE. ALSO TO BE READY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND BE MORE OF A PROFESSIONAL IN PUBLIC.

the best thing about iowa wesleyan college are the instructors and staff they really care about how we feel and about the students passing the course

a person who can deal with a compact area

Heather

Iowa Wesleyan has a very warm and inviting atmosphere about it that makes adujusting to life away from home easy. Since we have such a small campus, it is not hard to get from class to class, and if you choose to get involved, there are many campus-sponsered activities that are held.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would want to tell myself is that it is easy to lose sight of the person you think you are in college. Sometimes, you try so hard to fit in that you get caught up in a lot of drama and it makes it difficult to sty focused on your own goals. When you first get to college you think that everything is going to be different and your whole life is going to change, and it does, but not always the way you think it is going to change. So the main thing I would want to tell myself is to remember who I am and hold on to that and never let go despite what other people think and/or say. Remember who you are and what you want and keep it in you sights so that way you can accomplish everything that you want to accompish in your life. There are no seconds chances in life, so take risks, but be careful and follow your heart. Never regret anything.

I ususally brag about my favorite professors and the great classes that I have taken. I also brag about the fun actvities that are held on campus.

Kate

People who can have fun and be relaxed while learning.

People who can have fun and be relaxed while learning.

I would tell myself to follow my heart and not listen to what the incrowd wants and to listen to my advisor, especially during her crazy stories about her life. Study more and learn how to manage time more wisely. Join the sorority the first semester because they will really be like your sisters, especially Mary she will show you how to be a great leader. Do not worry about how many clubs or majors you will have it will all work in the end and you will be highly respected on campus and will be a better individual from it.

We maybe small but we have twice as much fun as a big school or university and we have a bond to everyone who goes here meanwhile they have a small group of friends, we have a community.

Tyler

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior i would have plenty to say. I think the most important thing I could tell myself would be to enjoy life and not take my friends and family for granted because you'll never know what could happen to them. I think that would be the most important advice I could give myself. I think that in the last two years I have learned that life is short and that you should enjoy it. That you should make the most out of what God gives you. I have lost a good friend since my senior year. I wish I could go back and tell myself not to take my friends for granted.

The type of person that shouldnt attend this school is someone who needs a bid city. Theres nothing like that around here.

What I talk about most is how all the students get along very well. I also tell them that the faculty will help you no matter what you need. Its also very easy to stay out of trouble because there isnt much to do around campus.

Allison

I am a non-traditional older student as are many of my classmates. Of-course a number are younger traditional students. I feel very fortunate to have the classmates that I do as they are respectful, knowledgeable, and very dedicated to their education. I am able to obtain assistance from my classmates as well as rely on their constructive and informative advice. One very important aspect of furthering the education at my current college is that my classmates are number one in making me feel part of the the college community

During my high school career, academics were not a struggle for me, however I spent too little time taking the initiative to study much harder than what I had to or to complete additional research on areas of interest. As I picture my young self as a high school senior many years ago, I would tell this bright young lovely girl to not take my college education for granted. With the devastation in other parts of the world, it is now amazing how I am able to deeply appreciate the small library my college has or the small town libraries. Therefore, I would tell my young self to spend as much time in that college library and read all the books I have time for. I would encourage my high school self to not worry so much about the grade, but to focus on the learning of the material. I would also make my young self promise to not take a break from college until she had completed at least a masters degree or even a doctorate. I would hope she would listen!

Stephon

Well, to describe my classmates in one sentence, i would have to say that "There hungry for success". It takes a different kind of person to just pack up, leave home, say good bye to your family(girlfriend/boyfriend), and head off to college.Your young, still learning and diving in sometime your told is worth so much, In so many ways, your still a child. If i could use one word that could describe my classmates it would have to be leaders. A leader start things that there not sure of what the results will be. We take risk.

For starters, Iowa Weslyan College a private school. We get charged more to go to school, but the classroom sizes are just the right size for the professor to reach out to every student. Before i made the decsion to attent Weslyan, i took a tour at the University of columbia. Let me tell you, those classrooms were big, like they were designed for musical concerts. I thought to my self "How could a professor of a class of 150 students reach his objective to each student clearly. Weslyan focuses on you as a person, not just as an number

As soon as my year started as a senior, i would be searching for the college of my dreams, practicing for the ACT, setting up campus tours , and speaking to college coaches about there atlhltics programs. Most importantly, i'll be asking the schools a whole lot of questions. How many students attend this college? What are the featured majors and minors that you offer? How much does it cost to attent your college? What is the majority race in the city or state of the college? Do you have any organzations for students, and if so how many? What are the requirements that need to be met in order for me to attend this college? Do you have any types of scholarships, if so what kinds and how much are they worth? What is your percentage of deaths on the campus, in the city or state? Do you have free totouring? How big are your dorms? How many men/women attend off campus? Do you have campus police, if so what time do they began and end there dudies? Whats the percentage of dropouts, the percentage of rapes, and the percentage that get a degree. Did they go there?

Small community centered liberal arts college, that prides itself bringing out the best in every individual on campus and in the surrounding community.

If I could give myself any piece of advice, it would be to get involved with anything and everything, but don't care too much about what others think about you. Don't be afraid to be yourself, there are always going to be people who dislike you, so there is no point in putting on a play for those people. You will find your true friends by allowing yourself to be accepted for who you really are. I would also have to say, just being willing to truly accept who you are, no matter the faults. The more you accept yourself the more confident you will be in your abilities in and outside the classroom.

The family oriented atmosphere. We are small enough to know everyone on campus in more ways than one and with this there is bond larger school could never know.

Our school is best known for being small. The oppurtunities are a bit limited becasue the budget is small for this school. We try to make it a good time by having friends and enjoying our time together. We all know this is an experience and try not to dwell on the negative aspects becasue there are quite a few here.

There is a ton of information I would give myself, because I had no idea how much it costs to attend. I would have told myself to enjoy high school more than I did. I wish I could go back simply because it was not stressful. I thought it was at the time. I wish I could have understood the value of a dollar before I got to college. I now am learning the hard way about how much even the smallest things cost. I in no way thought my parents gave me so much money. I have become much more humble in college and wish I could have been this way my entire life! I never knew that trying to impress all those people in high school was a waste. I hardly even speak to those I knew in high school, and it sort of makes me glad because many of them do not even attend college. I would yell at myself in high school for worrying so much about what others thought of me. It makes no sense now that I wasted so much on frivelous items. I could have saved that for college costs!

They sort of treat us like were still in high school. I am frustrated that I am treated like a kid and not an adult. They also run the school like a business and not a place of education.

Kadie

Iowa Wesleyan College is unique in regards to the people. When I say unique, I mean that in the most positive and meaningful way. The campus, the classes, and the learning environment at IWC is wonderful, but the heart of why IWC is the best decision I ever made is strictly based on People. The teachers care about you. They care about your future and they care about your own personal development. You are able to form a relationship with your peers and professors that will encourage a strong foundation for the person you become after graduation.

It is difficult to put in words the change that happens to us in these four years of college. I am a senior now, almost finished, and although only 24 years old, my life lessons are pages long. I am not a traditional college student. While I was when I began in 2004, 6 years later, 3 colleges, 3 kids and a husband later, I am a new woman. If I could look back to myself as a high school senior just preparing to begin college, I would only say to myself... "Hold on tight, for the ride of your life is about to begin." While I could stand face to face with myself and say what to do and what not to do, I wouldn't. I have learned to be brave, individual, and creative. I have learned to be responsible and respectable. I have cried and laughed, I have had highs and lows. I have learned, learned, learned. College is merely an experience, a small glimpse of our lives. But for most, it is our foundation. I would only say to myself in preparation for college, to listen, stand proud and pursue your unimaginable dreams.

I would say the only negative component to Iowa Wesleyan College is time. There are so many activities to be involved in and so many professors that have endless knowledge to share with you.... it is quite difficult to master learning it all and enjoying all of the perks of campus.

Tim

small classrooms plus the oldest college west of the mississippi,

small classrooms plus the oldest college west of the mississippi,

be prepared to live on your own and understand that the professors are not high school teachers and they will fail you, and the key to college success is not being the smartest, its going to class everyday and turning in all assignments, also dont be affraid to speak in class, proffesors love it

that we are the life of this school, if there is anything going on, if we didnt start it, were there atleast

Iowa Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.