Jacksonville University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Jacksonville University

Summer

It has a close community and can really work well with the teachers and faculty. Downfall would have to be how expensive everything is there. Good environment to thrive on and become family with everyone on campus, but can lead to awkward situations sometimes. Dance program is great and they give wonderful advice. All teachers work with the students of what I've seen and they seem to genuinely care.

Kira

Jacksonville University is a great private institution, there are various learning opportunities they offer! You feel at home on this beautiful campus. The facility and staff treat you like you are their number one priority! I could not have asked for a better experience while receiving my degree.

Jada

Jacksonville University is student oriented, with plenty or helpful resources and people. I am not a resident so I can not tell you how resident life is, but I haven't heard many complaints. I feel pretty safe on campus, and love the on-campus Starbucks and Chick-fil-A. This is a great place for anyone looking for an individualized, small school not to mention an excellent Honor's program.

Overall, Jacksonville University is a very open and welcoming environment. As a freshman, I've notice unlimited opportunities to get involved and feel safe wherever I go. JU is where I want to spend the next 3 years and I'll recommend them to whoever is looking for a great home away from home!

emerald

I tbink that Jacksonville University is the best campus there is. They have a nice sized qym, all of the staff there make you feel as if you actually go there before you even get registered. Their campus is really nice. They safety is amazing they have emergency phones posted all on and around the campus. And, they are just there when you need them in general.

Goodness

I love JU! I believe this is a school for driven students who are willing to excel. It’s not a big party school but it does have enough activities to allow for party and learning. And there are clubs nearby. Also this university has great diversity! and the students are very friendly.

Hunter

I have been very impressed with all that Jacksonville University has to offer. I am an Aviation major (Aviation Management and Flight Operations), and JU offers an excellent aviation program. I started flying and training for my private pilot's license during my second week of school. The professors in all of my classes have been helpful and very engaged. They are always available for a personal meeting, which has been very helpful for me. My freshman dorm is a new building and is spacious and comfortable. The food in the cafeteria leaves room for improvement, but there are other eating establishments on campus which are an asset to the overall culinary experience. JU has a beautiful campus with lots of trees and lush foliage. The college is located about 20 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, so going to the beach is a popular and enjoyable weekend activity. The students who attend JU are hardworking and focused on their studies and future careers. Everyone is friendly and very willing to lend a helping hand, whether that be with academics or something else. I am proud to be a part of the JU community and I look forward to the rest of my undergrad experience at this school.

Erika

Jacksonville University is just an overall amazing institution. Everybody is just welcoming and willing and able to help. Campus life is fantastic and always has something for people to do. The surrounding area outside of Jacksonville University has various restaurants and services that anybody may need or want.

Hanna

I enjoy the atmosphere of the campus and the students. The weather is so nice the people are nice. The teachers are very open and optimistic and love questions. I enjoy being around others and interacting with all the students on the campus everyone is so open to making new friends and being open with each other.

Adrian

Jacksonville university is a small private school with a very amiable staff. It's a great atmosphere to live in and everyone there is like family. Class sizes are small but that is great because you know all of your professors and get more knowledge on what your learning.

Graham

It's the right school for the right person. People either absolutely love it or absolutely hate it. Campus is trying to be tobacco-free, starting 2017. Freshman housing is perfect, get to meet many people that you will end up graduating with. Overall campus facilities are good.

Alyssa

I love the small class sizes (sometimes there are only 3 people in your upper-level classes) and how easy it is to talk to and get to know your professors. I feel like we're all a big family and a very tight community. I say hi to multiple people a day just walking around a small part of campus and there is always help for those who need it (tutoring, financial, student life...etc). I'm happy I choose to go to JU and I can't wait to see what wonderful these we will do in the future. Go dolphins!

Whitney

Amazing. Great community, outstanding staff; I couldn't see myself attending school anywhere else!!

Simone

I enjoy going to school here the scenery and architecture are beautiful and relaxing. The professors are helpful and help you do everything you can to succeed. The students are friendly, lively, and interesting to be around. This is honestly the best college I've been to.

Jayann

Jacksonville University is a very nice school academically, but when it comes to the social atmosphere or things to do. It is a very nice school to get your degree, but it does not have that much of a variety. The school is small, but by it being small., it can be a blessing and a curse because you are not going to face that many trouble, but sometimes it ca be boring, if you are looking to get away from the studies.

Jacob

What is my overall opinion of Jacksonville university? Jacksonville university is a super expensive school and doesn’t have good finance officers. Outside of that, it is a great school with a great learning environment on a beautiful campus. I love Jacksonville.

Morgan

Jacksonville University is a great school, especially if you use the sources you have to your advantage. The only problem is that I believe is that the campus should more diverse than it is. There also needs to be more opportunities & events for diverse students.

Mialah

Jacksonville University is not just a college to me but family. The faculty and small classes are outstanding. Ive never been at a school where the professors go out there way to help you succeed . The diversity of people there are so nice and kind and the student body is pretty awesome as well. There is so many opportunities and resources to get involve in to really help you with your career in the future. I highly recommend this university to anyone who is looking to go to college or is transferring.

holly

Overall, I would say that Jacksonville University is a great school. My biology professors have really encouraged me and challenged me to grow and become a better student. Activities on campus are fun and I feel there is a sense of unity and school pride from the students. Some programs receive better funding than others and that can be seen, but I really do enjoy my school.

Oluwakemi

I really liked the small size of the school. It was easy to interact with professors and facilitated a successful learning environment. However, Jacksonville University's size doesn't allow for much research opportunities mostly because of lack of funds.

Akem

My overall opinion on the school, is that it is a diverse small community where students can be involved in many activities on and off campus. With the small class sizes it gives students and professors to get to know each other and establish relationships, plus it's in Jacksonville, Florida, a great city to be in.

Chantiel

I love JU! However, my only concerns lie with the commuter parking and the food options. I live off campus because I can't afford to stay on campus which I don't mind because of my privacy. I just wish I didn't have to be punished for living 20 minutes away. The spots get taken so fast it's ridiculous and the spots for people who come at later times are terrible. I also wish we had more fast food options aside from Chic Fil A and Starbucks. I have some issues with Chic Fil A so I don't eat there for a quick bite and Starbucks barely has any filling options.

Brieanna

My school provides excellent service in education, professors care a lot about their students and that's what I loved the most. Student-teacher ratio is great as well as I don't like having a lot of peers in one class. I just wished there was more diversity to the school.

Jagger

I love Jacksonville. We have awesome sports games, excellent classes, everyone gets along. There are a variety of thigns to do like, pledgeing for a soroity, or trying out for a sports team (Me!!). There is even bible studies in each others dorm rooms, and get togethers, and just a whole lot of chiling. Its an excellent place to make new lifelong friends.

Briana

Jacksonville University provides an excellent environment for students to be focused on their studies and supports student involvement and interaction with clubs and organizations. JU also develops their students in a way that prepares them for a life after college and even gives them access to interns and job opportunities for students to gain skills/experience before they even graduate college.

Nicholas

Overall, JU is a great school. I love the views and the beauty of the campus. The sports life is there but it is not big or important. The food needs a lot of improvement. The teachers are great and very helpful most of the time. I am excited to go back and hope I will have the chance.

Alicia

Jacksonville University is a great college, sure there are ups and downs but who doesn’t have them. The students are very friendly, the teachers are there to help and are very loving. All in all, we’re one big mixed family. I would definitely recommend others to join the PHINS.

Jeremy

I love the environment of the campus. The class sizes are no more than 20 and the campus is smaller than most but still big enough to go on a good run. Everything is very accessible and enjoyable. We have writing centers and tutors to help students with their learning and have a guidance department that is always available.

Jada

Jacksonville Univerity is a great school. The environment is so friendly and there are many clubs you can find to join to find friends. The classroom size is amazing, it's easy to communicate with other students and ask questions during class. President Tim Cost is so active on campus and he is always available if you have questions about the campus. I enjoy being a dolphin. Phins Up!

Alexiea

Overall, Jacksonville University is beautiful campus with lots to offer. The staff is very cooperative and the classes are informative. The professors are hard working and easy to contact. However, being that it is a very small school it is sometimes hard to enjoy campus life. Most days the campus is quiet and not too crowded. There is not as much student involvement as other larger Universities. There are both positive and negatives to attending a smaller institution.

Susan

Looking forward to attending in Sept 2020!

Joshua

Jacksonville University to me is a decent Division 1, Private 4-Year, Liberal Arts school. The campus is nice, being surrounded by the St. Johns River, but can be often not lively at times. The academics are great, the student body is good, and the icy of Jacksonville is nice as well.

Madison

It is a small campus, but it easy to get from place to place. The small campus means that the class sizes are small, it is like a regular high school class room size. This is great because it allows students to learn easier in my opinion and the professor gets to know each student better. The people are really nice so if you get lost they can always help you find where you need to go.

Delaney

I love the small class size and gorgeous natural campus, as well as the close relationships you can form and multiple extracurriculars available. However, the campus food options are limited and the housing needs some renovation, as well as parking options and more cleaning in housing. I knew this was the right place for me, from every welcome to every professor, and the sight of the river every morning certainly helps!

Ernestina

JU is the place to get a quality education. The staff is always friendly and helpful and professors look for students to grow and apply the knowledge they learn in class. There is not a lot of diversity on campus which can be troublesome if one lives on campus but for me I want a good education above anything else which is why I've committed to JU.

Jillian

I really love Jacksonville University as it caters small class sizes that are intimate and friendly. All the professors are wonderful and respond to questions or concerns quickly and accordingly. There was never a dull moment on campus and it continues to grow and build itself as more students enroll. I am proud to go to Jacksonville University and would recommend this school to anybody.

Kaylin

I am looking forward to attending in the fall. When I visited last November I was made to feel welcome and included in everything. The school is small and focused and truly looks after you. The dorms and off campus housing looks incredible and they have an app where you can identify a roommate.

Camille

This school is a private school, therefore expensive. It's a good option to sign up for scholarships before attending. The professors are relatively nice, it just depends on who you get. Academic wise, it's very great. We also have a great arts program, and a lot of students on campus will go to a concert or recital that features their friends! We also have many sports areas, softball, baseball, basketball, football and even soccer. These games are free for students and about five bucks for outside people. Overall would recommend Jacksonville University as along as you are able to pay for it.

Adrionna

It is a school for kids who want to be within smaller groups it isnt for me.

Roslyn

It was a great professional institution with very friendly and helpful staff... Campus arrangement and proximity to everything was great.

Akeira

My overall opinion of Jacksonville University is that it's amazing. The faculty and staff are very friendly. The environment is beautiful. They offer a lot of freedom for the kids that attend JU. Every one had a smile on their faces when I visited. I would certainly consider being a Dolphin!