McMinnville, OR
Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

Jaylin

Coming from a small high school (less than 500 students in the entire student body!), Linfield College was the perfect school for me. The school is small enough to have a sense of familiarity, but big enough that you have the option to meet new people everywhere you go. It might be a little small for some people, but I personally love it. The campus is clean and beautiful and the bathrooms in the dorms are cleaned daily - however, the crew comes in at inopportune times, especially if you have morning classes that are later than 8:15. The main complaint that people tend to have is about the cafeteria food on some days, but other than that, Linfield is a great school!

The main stereotype is that people are rich white kids who only care about sports. For the most part, I don't think this to be true. There's diversity in the school and if people are rich, they don't flaunt it.

The older students are nice but it takes a while for the freshmen to realize that they're in college and should act like so.

Pualani

Don't fret the small stuff. You get so caught up in the process of college applications and scholarships that you start to stress out way sooner than you need to. Take the time to enjoy the little things. Take days off to yourself, moments to spend with close loved ones, time to do something fun, relaxing, even childish. You'll have time for that in college, but why wait for that when you can enjoy it along the way. You'll be challenged beyond your academics in college. As a person, you'll face mental, emotional and physical challenges in college. Just when you think you figured it out, something may come to knock you right back down again. When that happens, take a moment to absorb the set back, try making sense of why it happened, but don't stress over it. If you can't solve something right away, push it to the side and save it for a time that you feel better equiped to deal with it. Enjoy the little things and don't forget to have fun. Don't wait till you're older.

Individuality is by far one of the best things about Linfield. It's a close-knit community that makes it easier to feel welcomed to express yourself and do your own thing. Most professors are supportive and encouraging, as well as fellow students. I thought the students here were an odd bunch my first month here, but if you struggle to find that niche you feel most comfortable in, it's bound to come to you when you least expect it at Linfield.

Linfield College has a student population of around 1,700 students. With a small college class sizes average out to around thirty students for every class. The class sizes allow close professor-student relationships throughout the semester. Other colleges I looked at were larger, and made it more difficult to have a relationship with the professors. At Linfield everyone knows everyone, allowing us to talk to our professors about problems easier than if we were in a class of about 300 students.

If I could go back in time and give my senior high school self advice for college I would tell her to just talk to that girl from Colfax. Even though you were wrong about what state she lived in you should have continued to talk to her and become roommates. She is your best friend, and you would have been perfect for each other. Now you have to deal with two other girls who will not go to bed until two or three o'clock in the morning. Not to mention the constant smell of three week old dirty laundry and an absence of vacuuming or any consistant cleaning. If you want to be the happiest and most restful college student on campus I suggest you get over your awkwardness and talk to that girl. Then all you would have to complain about is the horrendous food in the cafeteria, which trust me, is a lot worse than you think it is.

Having a small campus means that classes are not that far apart from one another. This makes it easer as a student to sleep longer and still get to class on time. One time I woke up three minutes before class and still made it on time. It was stressful but I and recieved the perfect amount of sleep, which is hard in college.

gabrielle

My classmates are like a new family.

My classmates are like a new family.

As a high school student, I never realized the extent of my free time. I was never pressured by deadlines or sleep deprived and I recall having ample time to spend time with my family and friends, while still managing to achieve above average grades. Since I have began college, I have experienced a new dilemna: there is not enough time in my day for all of the activities I wish to participate in and to stay on top of my homework load. I am able to contribute this to my lack of involvement in my high school. I was not apart of many clubs, nor did I participate in school activities; I focused my excess time on after school jobs and participating in activities outside of school. Contrastingly, I am an active member in my college community; I am apart of a biology club, art club, I work at the library, and attend football games and other activities. However, it is difficult adjusting to the difference of time management and if I could go back to high school, I would have joined more clubs in order to prepare myself for the struggle of time management.

Passionate teachers. All of the professors at Linfield demonstrate a strong desire fo the students to succeed and put forth maximum effort into their teaching techniques.

My classmates are all very welcoming to meeting new friends and also very happy to answer questions if yu had any.

The worst thing about my school is that the dining commons food got really boring really quickly for me since I am living on campus and had to eat there everyday.

Haley

My classmates are genuine, intelligent, humorous individuals who know how to enjoy themselves.

There are several things I wish I could have told myself two years ago. I would tell myself to keep up on my studies, particularly in AP classes because transfer credits are significant and give you an advantage when you register for classes. To go alongside that, I would tell myself to learn effective study skills because proper study skills are the difference between getting a 4.0 and getting a 3.8. Not knowing your roommate can be scary, but Linfield does an excellent job of pairing people together. I would tell myself not to be worried because my first roommate will become one of my best friends. I would tell myself to find “me time” because no matter how much you love your roommate, you are going to get sick of her. Lastly, I would tell myself to apply for many scholarships because money will get tight and there will be moments where you don’t know if you will be able to attend Linfield for all four years. Despite all the stress money causes, in the end, everything will be okay. You will figure it out.

I wish I would have known how small the campus actually felt. I knew going in that there were only 1800 students on campus, but it definitely feels much smaller than that. I recognize almost everyone on campus, I just wish I would have bothered to learn their names.

Tyler

Friendly enviroment, but the cost of attending makes the experience hard to enjoy.

willing to learn, but are more willing to stick close to people they know.

If i was to go back in time, i would tell my younger self not to play sports because it has cost me alot. i would also tell myself that, i need to pick a school that does not rely so much on scholarships to attend because when you loss grants it will make it very hard to attend. i would also tell my self that although studing is hard and feels pointless at times it is the most important thing you can do in school. you need to work hard at it and never give up that when you did give up it cost you more then you were willing to loss.

Briana

Dear Briana, I'm writing this to let you know that you will be accepted into Lasell College!! Congratulations, but with that you’re going to need a little advice for a few obstacles that are going to come your way so here they are...1. Get to know people, I understand that you want to get excellent grades, which you will, but please take time to get out of your comfort zone and meet new people. Friends are great to have as study partners and also when you just need to vent so please listen to me, go out there and make some new friends! 2. Keep up on your high school guidance counselors, you’re going to get a bill in the mail from the college and it going to be $4000.00, you really need to stay on top of them because it not easy to find extra money especially with your mom being a single parent and on disability. So apply for every scholarship. Lastly, be yourself. Do not change yourself for anyone. Always be the leader you are and great friends will come. Sincerely, A wiser you!

Clara

My classmates are interesting, sometimes shy but usually outgoing, and truly value the education Linfield provides in the classroom.

As a first-generation college student, assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior is especially mind-blowing. At Linfield College, after three and a half years, I found my unique personal identity. I have developed an awareness about what the future can hold, and the uncertainty that must be confronted in order to pursue my goals. Taking risks is not easy, but it feels less scary when there is nothing to lose. I learned to face the unknown with confidence. The advice I would give my high school senior self is three-fold. First, be patient and slow down just a bit. Second, follow my instincts without hesitation. Finally, try not worry so much about the future. The transition to college will be not easy, but certainly manageable. The experience will be an incredible learning opportunity and truly life changing. I would tell myself, “your doubts and fears will become a source of inspiration and encourage you to do the impossible.” Four years from now, you’ll learn how to appreciate the past, look forward to the future, and embrace the present. “Everything will be fine, you will be just fine.”

I brag the most about the strong sense of community among Linfield students, staff, and faculty. Especially, the small class sizes and getting to know my professors. Attending a small college enables students to get one-on-one mentorship from experts in academic fields.

Jalyn

Not to say that there aren't things I could've done differently or maybe some things I should've done, but didn't, but truthfully, I have no regrets. I had a lot of friends and fun times. My senior year was awesome! I do wish that I had received better academic counseling though and been more proactive in learning about scholarships and other sources of funding for college. If I were to give myself advice, I would say to be your own advocate. Stick up for yourself and for what you want and hope to achieve. Don't accept "no" as the ultimate answer, keep searching for ways to get what you want and assistance in obtaining your goals and dreams.

Linfield College-McMinnville Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.