McMinnville, OR
Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

Clark

“Hey buddy I know you have led yourself to believe that you can just float through life but listen closely to the words of wisdom I have to offer sonny boy, when you enter college the world you know right now will disappear and you will be standing there gawking.” I would slowly begin then to explain to my other self in as simple of words as possible (I had heard the speech a thousand times before but never thought twice about it, and maybe just needed things to be in simple terms) the kinds of things that were coming. “You may not have homework now because you can finish everything in class but believe me you will in college.” My younger self would then reply not realizing the sheer amount of horror homework brings with procrastination “Really I think I can handle it.” My older self replying “The time you spend just sitting around with; friends, your girlfriend, just doing nothing will all be gone.” “Eighteen hours of your day will be compiled between doing homework and going to class!” “Procrastination will only cause days on end with no sleep, and that is only the begining.”

Bryn

Being a senior in high school, the future seems both daunting and empowering. Knowing that all opportunities are endless and a new slate will be achieved once graduation happens is somewhat stressful. But ultimately, it's exciting. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself this: graduating and leaving those friends behind is not the end of the world, for when you enter college it will be everything you ever dreamed of. I was very emotional at graduation and thought I would never go through anything harder than that. Well, I was definitely wrong. I was worried about leaving the friends I had spent elementary through high school with. What I didn't know is that those were not the friends destined to be in my life forever. They were great at the time. Those people served their purpose in my life, but their purpose is over. The friends I have met here will be life-long and have a much greater service in my life than those I thought would be forever. I wouldn't mind going back and talking to myself, I have great things to tell her.

I wish I would have known just how small Linfield was. It has the feel of a high school, the only difference is that students live here. I still like it a lot, and am not planning on leaving. I came in very open minded and have been pleased with the experience thus far.

A person who is self-motivated, goal oriented, and outgoing. Linfield is a small college where students get to know each other well, and it is a tight-knit community. A person who likes small classes, professor support, and familiarity should most definitely attend Linfield.

Meghan

I have only spent one semester at Linfield College so far, but I know that I made the perfect decision when choosing to attend this school. The campus offers such a personal experience, made up of only 1800 students, which makes me feel as though I am part of a family, rather than a huge campus. The classes I have taken so far have all been extremely informative and interesting, each of them being taught by an actual professor, and not a TA, meaning I get a full education in every class I choose. The people at Linfield are all so amazing, as they all chose the school for the same reasons I did, that it is a small private school with an excellent academic record. I do not think that I would have been this happy at any other school!

Students who are looking for a large college atmosphere should not attend Linfield. Those who also want to be able to slide by in classes by not attending will definitely be noticed by professors, and be given grades accordingly. It is a very personal experience, and those who simply want to party away their college careers will not flourish there.

I honestly have not come across anything frustrating during my first semester at Linfield College. The only thing I can think of is selecting classes, and that is going to be frustrating at almost any institution. Students are not always aware of which classes should be taken in sequence, and therefore are required to switch classes frequently during the semester.

Alexis

After completing my first semester at Linfield College, I would describe the members of my small freshman class as being very goal-oriented, competitive, and enthusiastic about learning; the upper classman I have associated with have a more focused educational enthusiasm without the nervous, competitive energy of the freshman.

It is impossible to describe everything I’ve gleaned from my college experience, because there are so many subtle, unexpected lessons at each step of the journey. Valuable life lessons began before I stepped foot in a classroom. I learned how to fit an oversized bag of dorm essentials in an aircraft’s overhead bin, where to find the absolute cheapest towel set, and how to say goodbye to my mom for the first time. When I arrived at school these lessons continued, and I learned how to build a new friend network from scratch, how to communicate with professors, and where to get food to fuel midnight study sessions. These simple lessons will serve me throughout my life, but I think the most important thing I have taken from my college experience is a love and passion for learning. This educational attitude is infectious on a campus where students and professors learn and explore together. I meet each class with renewed wonder and excitement, and have found that learning experiences in my everyday life directly correlate with the knowledge I gather in the classroom. This development of a desire for lifelong learning alone has my investment in college worthwhile.

I wish I would have known how many students live in a close proximity to the school. I came to Linfield from Alaska without a car, and as a result spend every weekend on campus. Many of the students, however, live a driving distance from the school and spend many of their weekends and breaks at home. Some weekend the school offsets the weekend migration with fun events sponsored by student body. I have enjoyed my residence life experience overall, but this factor has made for some long, quiet weekends on campus. Find a friend with a car and guestroom!

Mary

Even though I have only been in college for one semester I have gotten a lot out of it. I have made friends from all over the world and gotten to learn about their cultures and languages. I have learned about how other cultures are compared to America's which I feel is a very valuable skill to have because of globalization. Besides that, I have also learned that I can accomplish anything with perseverance and hard work. I was not sure that I could amount to much before college because I came from a low-income, single-parent home and did not think I could afford college. With hard work I was able to attend and I would not trade it for the world. I have learned to be free and explore our world and now know that anything is possible and even though I must keep working to be in this lovely place, I will do it because I love to learn and absorb the world.

I wish I had gotten to experience the environment of the campus. It is very nice a relaxed and I love it alot. There are many different kinds of people who attend Linfield from all over the place and they have a lot of foreign exchange students which are very fun to talk to. I also enjoy Jazzmen's which is a coffee shop located on campus and is a great place to just hang out when you don't want to go back to your dormroom or study in the library.

The worst thing would have to be Dillin, which is the cafeteria. There food is not very good and they tend to make the same things over and over so it can get boring. They have a little food store called Catty Shack which isn't bad where you can get a killer sandwhich. Dillin would be better because they have really good cooks except I think the material they are given is not very good.

Deidre

With my experience at Linfield, I have learned many life lessons and lessons that will benefit me throughout school as well. School at Linfield is taken very seriously and a degree from this college is a great opportuntiy and people recognize that. But many hours of hardwork and late nights are put into a major at Linfield which teaches you techniques that will make you successful in the classroom. Time management is most definitely the greatest skill i have mastered with my time at Linfield. With playing sports here at Linfield, not much time is left for studying, so throughout your day, you have to plan time to get your head in your books and study for upcoming tests and papers. Time management forces you to discipline yourself to jump on things that are due down the road so your not in a struggle come finals time. Politeness is one aspect that you see at this school that is lacked at other places I have atteneded. When you wallk through our campus, you are promised to get at least 5-10 greetings on your way. People hear teach you how to generate friendships and those friendships last a lifetime.

A person that does not take education seriously because at Linfield, that is what it is all about. Since you pay a large amount to attend, you better be taking it serious or else you are throwing your money away. School is very important here and it takes dedication.

Linfield is a very small school compared to most other schools so student to professor ratio is very low which is nice. And for me since I play football, the support from alumni and from the city is very impressive. Plus, a good education from Linfield is always guaranteed when you graduate.

Laura

What I have received from my college experience is patience. It takes a strong individual to handle to work load that is required to complete a degree. Being a mother of two working a full-time job and trying to attend classes full-time is a lot for an individual to handle. However, for one to take the time to juggle these duties and responsibilities and still manage to successfully complete a class takes a great deal of patience. This experience has and is continuing to teach a valuable lesson and that is to be patient. Only great things come to those that wait. And that is what I am planning on doing continuing to manage my time to work towards earning my degree to better, not only myself, but the future of my family.

Masaya

Food is the most voluable source in our world. As increasing the world population, its demand was expanded. The primary food production, agriculture, is my major now. Agriculture is really important subject include above reasons. In this summer, I internshiped to the organic farm. I did most of choirs like weeding, mowing, sowing, and watering. These are really primary things for agriculture and most peope do not like it. However, I really liked it and I could know the important of sustainable agriculture for enviorment and biodiversity. Talking of biodiversity, agriculture is involved entomology, so I have to know a little bit about insect. Then, organic farm provided me great oppotunity to learn different kind of insect and what kind of pests are most likely to the specific plants. This experiece gave me a chance to think about enviorment and biodiversity.

Meckenzie

I have learned a lot here at Linfield. I have grown as a reasearcher and person. I have learned that it doesn't matter where or what you come from, and that hard work and determination make up for a lot. I have also learned the valuable lesson that grades do not always reflect what you've learned, and that your grades are by no means a good measure of your character. Linfield has been a great college to make the transition from a young student into a scholar.

The food for the price you pay for it is awful and though the town is cute and small, sometimes, it's too small.

The school has a great student-teacher ratio, the people are really happy here, financial aid is eas to get, student's are held to high standards, and it's beautiful on campus and off.

My classmates are more often than not, very intelligent and kind people. They have no problem focusing during class and working together on the course-work. I have the phone number of at least 1 person in all of my classes. Everyone is very approachable and we help eachother with all the work. I am never afraid to text them or ask to meet up with them to work on a project or clarify a subject.

My college experience has been phenominal. I have so many great things to say about my time here even though it has only been a few months. The weeks have flown by and I know my future years will be the same. Linfield is an outstanding college. I am taking a full credit load and working along side to pay for my education, so unfortunatly I am not able to participate in as much as I would like. In a social sense, it has been very valuable for me to attend, because I have tried so many new things and met so many awesome people. I just got done playing intramural volleyball with some classmates and had an absolute blast. I wouldn't trade my memories here so far for anything. As for academics, Linfield has and is going to continue preparing me for a successful future. There are many reasons why my Linfield education has and will prove valuable, but here is one. Linfield College has the best professors in their subject area and actually care about us as students. They give us value because they themselves have it and do everything they can to pass it onto us.

My school is known for being hard to get into, but very worth it. I love telling everyone what a great campus we have and how many awesome opportunities we have here. We have so many resources on campus that everyone uses frequently. For example, studying abroad is greatly encouraged here and the school pays you airfare for the first trip you take. An amazing opportunity and there is so much more. All the professors are highly educated in their area and very helpful. The faculty in any office is extremely kind and every helpful with everything.

Linfield College-McMinnville Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.