McMinnville, OR
Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

Bailey

The students of Linfield College Class of 2013 is a very "Diverse" class.

The students of Linfield College Class of 2013 is a very "Diverse" class.

Save your money from your summer jobs and work hard to obtain the grades you want. Remeber that making friends is not hard as long as you are active in your student community!

What I consider the best thing about Linfield College the individual help we recieve from our professors. Linfield is a smaller campus with a smaller student community which we have the ability to get more one-on-one or personal help from our professors. I believe this is important because your questions are always answered and you obtain a full understanding of the matierial you are learning.

Rhianna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say the road ahead is tough but to keep pursuing my goals and dreams. I would buy a planner and write down important dates, test, classes, and appointments. Learn how to budget money so that when you are in college you don't need to ask your parents all the time if they can loan me five or one hundred dollars. Learn how to relax and take time to breathe so that when your in college you won't get stressed out over the little things. Keep an open mind and try to meet as many people as possible no matter what age. Making connections with peope before college will allow you to have references for jobs, study abroad, and scholarships in the future. The most important advice I would give myself is take every opportunity that is presented to you and run with it. Even if it is new try it, beacuse you will regret not doing it later.

The worst thing about my school would have to be not enough major/options in the Healthcare field.

Someone who is self driven and organized. A student who likes a small school and small class atmosphere, where everyone knows who you are.

Very small and has a safe, community feel to it.

Very small and has a safe, community feel to it.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior there are only a few words of advice that I would tell myself. First would be that gaining control of my finances and searching for financial aid and scholarships is an absolute must in the beginning and shouldn?t be left to the last minute. Then and now I know that my education does not have a price tag however if I had known how stressing college finances really are I would have done more before my freshman year to try to win more scholarships to ease my worries. Second would be to do all you can to manage time correctly. It is extremely important to plan out time in the day for studying, socializing and the various other extracurricular activities involved in as well as personal time for sleep and basic necessities, such as eating and bathing. I believe that if I had known these two pieces of advice prior to my freshman year at college I would have done better and learned some lessons an easier way and college life would be even greater.

Big time party person or someone who does not take going to class and putting a lot of time and effort in seriously, their life would be very hard here.

Alison

I was so worried about making friends and fitting into the social scene at college. I was worried that I would have to change who I was to fit into the "college standard." If I could go back I would tell myself not to worry about that, because once I got involved in my Major department (the Art Dept., in my case), I was able to meet people who had similar world outlooks and priorities in life, and I made almost instant bonds and friendships. It was easier to meet people since you didn't have to start from scratch, you already had the same major. I ended up finding people that I could be myself around, and didn't feel pressured to go to frats every weekend in order to meet people.

I wish I had known that the same pressures that exisited in high school are present in college. I was a quiet high school student who often felt and resisted the pressures of drugs and alcohol. I thought that once I got to college everyone would be more "grown up" and wouldn't care if you didn't drink, but the same pressures are here too. College isn't as radically different as I thought it was going to be, but it causes you to define who you are.

A person who is looking for a large party scene or easy access to weekend entertainment should not attend this school. The city is only accessible if you have a car, and there are only a small number of franternities and sororities on campus.

Danica

Linfield has a unique study abroad program in that the school pays for the first round-trip ticket. The tuition for studying abroad is similar to the tuition while staying at Linfield. There are different majors to choose from, and a variety of places to study abroad in.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry so much. Worry has stressed me out far more than necessary. In order to not worry, I would tell myself to trust God more, since He is bigger than my worries, and is capable of handling them. I would also advise myself to begin the college searching process earlier, and to visit more colleges during my senior year. Visiting more colleges would have given me a better perspective on the different types of colleges. Worrying less and college searching earlier would have decreased the pressure I felt during my senior year.

The best thing about Linfield is that it has small class sizes and the teachers care about a student's success.

Jenny

Linfield College is a place for community,service, and a sense of belonging. Linfield gives back to the town of McMinnville through many volunteer events. Academic quality are superb; professors reach out and connect with each individual student. Students are also exposed to all areas of interest in the arts, natural sciences, and social sciences. Studying abroad is also highly encouraged, and ranges from a one month,semester, or year long experience. If you see many friendly faces on campus, don't be alarmed. It's just the nature of a Linfield Wildcat.

Dear Jenny, You may think that yellow Post-It Notes are the perfect planner, but great organization skills in the form of a planner book will become one of your best friends in college. Invest in one and use it. There is nothing greater in life than cherishing time spent with family. You are an adult in college. An independent, who has to balance time, money, your school work and a job on campus. Learn to appreciate the simple joys of watching a movie with your mom at home, without a care in the world. Give unconditional love to your family. (North by Northwest is a good movie, Jenny) Dedicate your time to the things you enjoy most in life and do not let anyone discourage you. The more effort you put into your music, the better your experience in the college bands will be. Keep practicing, but practice efficiently and hard. Fear is the only thing that can hold you back from what you want to achieve. Be bold, be confident. Most importantly, besides family, is to remember to keep your faith alive. You're going to have a great year, so have fun! Love, Me

If a challenging class curriculum is not in your agenda, Linfield may not be the best choice. Linfield takes its academic quality seriously and strives to prepare its students not only for graduate school, but for life after college. There are many opportunities to be entertained on campus, but responsibility in recieving a great education is a characteristic professors at Linfield show. Professors at Linfield do not want to see students fail, and they will push and encourage their student, but they will not accept students who show no passion in learning.

Grace

Assuming going back in time to talk to my high school self would not upset the space-time continuum, the main advice I would give to myself, and any aspiring college student for that matter, would be to relish every moment of college and to be proactive about fulfilling your dreams. Anything is possible, including having the time of your life. So make sure to live! Do some soul searching; this is the time where you will discover what kind of person you want to be for the rest of your life. Make friends! Choose an area of study that you truly love and are interested in, and start to think about what you can do with that degree. Think about what you want out of your career, and decide which tracks you need to take to make that happen. If a community service opportunity, guest lecture event, or particular course looks interesting, then attend! Don't just sit around playing video games telling yourself you can just go to the next one. Pretty soon, you will be a senior and you will turn around and discover you have created valuable memories and grown into a wonderful person.

The pros of small school size outweigh the cons, however there is one thing that bothers me about being at a small school: It can be really hard to take all the courses you want. Many are only offered one term every other year and conflict with something else you need to take. Also, the meal plan totally cheats you out of your money by forcing you to pre-over-pay for 9 buffet meals a week. Then, the buffet meals are really gross.

The school has a definite "preppy" feel about it and it's mostly white. That doesn't mean anyone shouldn't attend, but the social environment may discourage some people. It definitely took me awhile to get used to, as I grew up pretty poor and in a very diverse environment. I think there's a place for just about everyone, though. If you're the kind of person who likes to hide in the back of a giant lecture hall, you're out of luck. The classes are small and the professors know everyone, which I personally love.

Dear Self, Hi! I?m you in your freshman year of college, and I have to tell you a few things you definitely want to know. Attending college is hard, but leaving home is harder. High school is a world of it?s own, and don?t expect college to be anything like that twilight zone. You need to be ready to go to a place where people see what you do more than how you look. Be ready to leave home and high school life with no regrets. Put down the gameboy, turn off the television, and step outside. There are so many things to do that you won?t be able to in college. Hug your parents goodnight. Go to church with your mom. Have lunch with your friends; the girls you?ve known since middle school. Listen to those strangers you go to school with when they try to tell you what?s bothering them. Kiss that boy you like so much. You?re leaving soon anyways. Go shopping?once you?re in college you won?t have any money to spare. But most of all, relax, because you?ll do fine. I know. Love, Rachel

I wish I had known that McMinnville was such a small town and that I would need a car. I wish I had known that the meal plan isn't very ideal. I wish I knew that my roommate would be insane, but my dorm family would be awesome-so don't worry about the living situation too much. I wish I had known I would need a huge towel to drape over the see through shower stalls. I wish I knew how cold it would get, and that I would have to travel light due to lack of space.

The people are amazing, and the campus is so pretty you feel like you're walking through a wonderland as you go to class. The teachers are helpful and friendly, and they know how to get past mistakes with laughter. It's a small school, but there are so many people worth getting to know it feels like four years will never be enough. Almost everyone lives on campus so it feels like a little world of it's own, and everyone knows everyone. It's so close knit that you'll never feel lonely.

Chris

Linfield College was a fantastic and rewarding place to complete my bachelor's degree because of it's small class sizes and beautiful campus.

I would first and foremost emphasize the importance of prioritizing activities on a daily basis. Freshman year can be overwhelming because of your new personal freedom and new friends you will be making. It will be easy to put off studying and homework to watch TV or go to a party with friends. If you take care of your school-related work first, you will be able to enjoy these extra-curricular activities more. Finally, meet as many people as you can. Your 4 years in college will go by faster than you can imagine, and it will be 4 years surrounded by some of the smartest and most interesting people you will ever be around. Get to know as many people as you can. This will not only enhance your college experience, but create a valuable social network that you will be able to take advantage of for the rest of your life.

The only kind of person who might not like Linfield College is someone who prefers a "big city" environment.

Julie

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to relax. I would tell myself not to worry about fitting in and that no matter where I may go I can make friends when I get there. I would advise myself not to worry about classes being to difficult because as a senior I was already prepared for any class that came my way. I would end by telling myself to enjoy myslef. The next few years are going to go fast so live them actively.

I wish I had known how small of a school community it was. Everybody knows everybody and everybody knows everybody else's business.

Someone who is closeminded, or does not like close people interactions should not attend this school.

Linfield College-McMinnville Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.