Los Angeles, CA
Otis College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Otis College of Art and Design

Deanna

They are all hard-working and creative. The ones who can't handle it, drop out.

They are all hard-working and creative. The ones who can't handle it, drop out.

Don't waste your time with trying to like everyone. You're all adults now, if someone doesn't like you, or if you don't like them, tkae it with a grain of salt. You don't need to appease them, and they don't need to appease you. Find people you want to be around you. You'll thank yourself later.

The kind of person who should attend this school should be dedicated artists. It isn't an easy school to go to, the first semester is pretty hard.

Tracy

College is not just for the purpose of getting a degree. Having a degree will without a doubt open doors and help get you jobs. However, just as important is what the degree is in. I didn’t realize how important the subject matter of my degree was. In my previous degree, I spent the first two years completing all liberal studies. Then when my upper division classes hit, I just picked a degree and did it. I was obsessed with checking classes off the list and getting out fast and without four years. Once I received my BA, the shock hit: what-on-earth can I do with this degree that I actually want to do for the rest of my life? I was so focused on the end result that I didn’t spend anytime exploring what I was actually passionate about. In fact, I was so strict with myself that I didn’t even take one single art class. Now, four years after getting my first BA, I am at art school working towards a BFA in a subject I LOVE. So, I would tell my senior self to explore classes and options!

The Foundation year is awesome. It is super intense as it covers a broad range of studies. However it is well-rounded and will fully prepare you for any major. It also gives student who are undecided to explore majors before deciding on one.

Supplies cost a lot of money! Although there is a starter kit that is required for all students for $300, supplies will continue to cost all year. This is true of all art schools, however do not underestimate how much you will need in order to succeed your foundation year here!

Excellent courses, teachers and a friendly enviroment.

Excellent courses, teachers and a friendly enviroment.

I would go back and tell myself to continue the hard work. Hard work pays off a lot even if you are struggling with something, you can go much farther if you try really hard at it. Spending more time with friends allows for more memories and more connections with them when you start to drift away from each other in college. Finally, don't worry about what people say or if your the best, if you like what you are doing and you're doing your best, that is just perfect.

Jaewon

My school is known for art and design in general.

My school is known for art and design in general.

My school's very diverse and liberal.

Work harder and don't slack off. I'm from the future and I know what your're going to go through. Follow your dreams and make it come true. When you do that, you'll be famous in the future.

Lillian

Hey it’s me, I’m you in 7 years! As hard as things may seem, please rest assured that you're growing up to be a strong young woman. The best advice I’ll give you is to not be swayed by negative comments or the pressure society puts on women. Hold onto your goals, do the best you can, there’s no need to be perfect. Every time it feels like the world might end, just remember “The darker the night, the closer the dawn.”As long as you remain focused on your ambition, to lay the foundation of your life, you’ll do just fine. Impressing that boy in high school may provide momentarily happiness, but the value you’ll gain through education is irreplaceable. Never let anyone tell you that you’re not smart or that you aren’t capable of success. Dreams that seem almost too big are just the right size for you.Oh and if you do end up making a few mistakes, don’t fret. They'll just lead you to where you are now and life is looking great from this end; we have so much to be thankful for.

The best thing about Otis would be that the students there want to value their education as oppose to being forced to attend. The education provided goes beyond just teaching the students how to find a decent paying job, it's about the laying the foundation on how to achieve your dreams.

Since Otis is an Art school, a student who is not interested in Graphic nor Fine Arts should consider studying elsewhere. Prospective students should also be prepared to have instructors who will challenge them so that they may excel more than ever.

AnnaMaria

Do not be intimidated by those who are better than you: there will always be someone better than you no matter how good you may think you are. Just do your best, and learn as much as you can while you are school, since you will not have this opportunity again. Always work hard and do not give into temptation to be with others who would prefer to slack off; they are a waste of your time, money, and learning experience. There will be those who will put you, your work, and your life style down, but always remember that you are the product of your upbringing, and you were accepted into this school for a reason, which is something to always be proud of.

Anyone who is not sure if they want to do art as a career.

The work load is very heavy, and you must have good time management. If one gets sick, it is very difficult to keep up with the work, and can possibly fall behind.

Esther

My classmates were creative people who loved their smoke breaks and occasional loud stress shouts in the night .

My school is best known for the fashion design major. They have a separate campus on the other side of the city. They also have a great mentor based academic program where students can learn from designers in the industry. The other majors get less attention from alumni.

My experience at Otis College of Art and Design is one that I would describe as somewhat of a boot camp. First year, you relearn all of the basic techniques that you thought you've mastered in your previous training field. Your high school art class. Your second year, you've decided which field to specialize in because you have the most interest and knowledge in that field. But during your first session of training, you realize that you know nothing. Your third year, you feel like you know enough to not have to listen to anyone else's ideas. You just have to wait another year to show the rest of the world your ideas. Then, finally your fourth year. Just when you think you have the world at your fingertips, everything changes. You start to get nervous. As you start to cry, you realize that your classmates are in the same position as you. You will not be alone when you go out to the real battlefield. That's when your tears turn to thankful ones. Thankful that you got to experience the best 4 years of your life with the best troop you've met.

John

Otis College is best know for the creativity and skillset the graduating and current students display. Otis is well known for its alumni who have worked for many popular design, film, and art studios. As far as the campus itself, the laid-back environment and friendly and approachable community that Otis has will easily drive perspective students seeking a well deserved art degree but also have fun doing it.

Attending Otis College was the biggest eye opener for me, as it put me in a place of serenity, and made me feel like I was that young boy again drawing ninja turtle characters. Of course I had to practically relearn all drawing concepts once again, but it was the need and excitement to learn that kept me going. At this point, I was determined to become an illustrator, set on a communication arts major in illustration. But I made friends who were determined to go into Digital Media, and this automatically transported me back to my original goal of working in the computer field, with art and drawing with computers as the cherry on top. Could this be any more perfect? Meeting all the teachers and hearing their industry stories were so insightful and promising for us all. Otis is not just an Art school to me, but a place where I can find my true self and has become very therapeutic. I can honestly say that throughout all my experiences, tough times and good, my current experience in Otis is something I would never change for anything, as it has changed me.

Otis College is a very laid back art school with a very friendly and creative community. The professors and and faculty are very easy-going, and that reflects upon all the students who enjoy all their classes. The amount of skills we learn here is very valuable when it comes to our careers, and makes it easy to share and network within the industry. The campus is very small, but the small community also has a great chemistry among the students and teachers.

Alex

I have gotten a broader sense of the possibilities of my potential in this world. Have had my eyes opened to some of the various adventures, obsticles, and challenges people go through everyday. It has been valuable to attend because it is also developing my brain to learn more material in shorter amounts of time and more valuable. To comprehend more knowledge and being able to adapt to more situations and more diverse situations.

Tiffany

When I first started college, I assumed it was a commitment that I should complete just to receive a degree. However, during my attendance, I discovered a completely different experience that undermined my expectations. My initial stance was monotonous days filled with lectures, tests, and of course never-ending research papers. On the contrary, my college days were more unique than anything else. Every class was a new experience that was challenging but very enjoyable. Assignments were engaging, not just yes or no answers. But college didn?t just stay in the classroom. Activities went on throughout the entire semester, and there were clubs that fit all of my interests. I didn?t have to abandon any of my hobbies just because I was a full-time student. During my journey, I learned things I never knew about myself, including realizing my passion for art. This can be attributed to the numerous choices and options made available. My college experience was invaluable because it helped me develop and grow as an individual all while gaining extensive knowledge. I was able to achieve my goals, establish new ones, and create memories that will last a lifetime. The experience was truly rewarding.

Otis College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.