San Diego, CA
Point Loma Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Point Loma Nazarene University

Rashawna

DREAM BIG, because you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. College seems like a scary thing as a graduating high school Senior. You will have a lot of freedom, no parents or siblings breathing down your back. It will just be you and your goals in life. Even though college seems a bit scary, don't make that fear hold you back from accomplishing all you can. College will open up so many doors for you. Take a grasp on your future. Look for those opportunities, while you are studying in college, that will give you an extra education outside of the classroom, in order to make you into a well-rounded person. However, know that you are not alone. Your classmates, your roommates, your professors, and the staff at your college want you to succeed. Share with them your goals and dreams, and listen to their advice with wisdom. To make the most of your college experience, make good friends, and be an active participant in the social life of college. Having a balanced college life of academics and socialization among peers will bring you the best college years of your life. Embrace it!

Point Loma Nazarene University has an amazing support system of staff and professors. I was able to openly speak with any staff in the Admissions Office, the Financial Services office, the Records office, etc. All people from all offices were very helpful and truly wanted to the best for me and my college career. The professors I had in my upper major classes put a lot of interest into me, my classwork, and my future career. They always looked for internships and job opportunities for me and gave me great reccommendations.

I wish I had known about all the great clubs, groups, after school activities that are provided to all studetns, before I came to the school. Since I already had a part time job and over the minimum amount of full-time classes, I wasn't able to participate in all the different activities, becuase my time was filled up. I still attended as many events as I could, but wish I had given myself some more free time in order to participate in more.

charissa

Dear highschool-self, If truth be told, there is not much age difference between us 2. Difference of experience however, is a very different matter. If there is something that i wish to tell you right at this very moment, it will be this. You are the luckiest girl in the world for making the friends that you are currently making right now. Treasure them and don't ever let go. So many things will be happening in college that you will find yourself not have enough time to make more friends. But you need them. You really do. Highschool friends are special in that you guys will share something that you will not find anywhere else. That is history and experience together. That will go a long way and having with someone will make life a little easier on you They will love you no matter what (and you will love them too in return). You will find home and comfort in their presence in the future. So don't let go. That is all your-20-year-old-self

ASHLEY

Always try hard in everything that you do just because it is your senior year do not slack off anf take a year off before you go to college. In that one year you could have accomplished so much more i want you to talk to your counselors more go visit the college and get as much information on there nursing programs that you can. I know your potential and the only person holding you back is yourself.I have faith that you will succeed inlife in whatever career you may choose to do i just want you to make the right choice for yourself.

Jeremya

My school has professors that get to know you in a one-on-one basis. It has small class sizes, so you get a better attempt at success.

I would definitely tell myself to get better studying skills. In college, a lot of your time is spent studying, and in high school I never studied because I did well on tests. Well, I havent been studying in college either, and my test grades havent been up to par.

Anyone who is involved in drugs, alcohol, or the party scene.

Erin

Don't give up on the scholarship search. You can get them! Just apply, the worst thing that will happen is that you don't get it. Learn to not stress out so much. Whether it's financial aid, or dorm life, just chill out! It's much more pleasant to live when you are at peace with your situation, even if you are in the process of changing it. God will take care of you in every way, just rely on Him.

I definately love the fact that they are a Christian school, and the fact that the campus is located directly on the beach does not suck either. It's awesome to be able to look at the beautiful world that He created and just revel in the fact that we can learn about Him. In addition to being in awe of His creation, we can give Him glory by excersising our minds and educating ourselves.

I wish that I had known that God would take care of me. I spent so much time fretting about financial aid, but I knew that I needed to be at this school. I still don't have all the money, but I know that the education is totally worth the discomfort that I feel until it's totally paid for.

Marsha

My University provides mentors, rescources, and encouragement, for students to grow into a strong adult who will not just fit well in thier field, but will challenge and transform thier field by using thier talents, beliefs, and passions to make a positive difference. Faculty and Staff are genuinly invested in students lives and make the campus a place full of positive relationships, and challenging ideas that shape students and encourage them to grow into responsible, passionate, and educated adults, ready to pursue careers and bring new and positive ideas to thier field.

Believe in yourself. You are smarter, stronger, and prettier than you give yourself credit for. Make sure to push yourself everyday. Find friends that encourage you and build you up. STOP DOUBTING. Get out of your comfort zone, for its the only way you will grow. Rooming with someone else is all about give and take. So GIVE. Pick your battles. Spend time getting to know one another. Find a balance in your life early on. Make a schedule and STICK to it. Work ahead. Study when you plan to study, and rest when you plan to rest. Schedule time for just yourself. Time to meditate on everything you are learning; scholastically, socially, and spiritually. Highlighters, note-cards, and the first floor of the library are your FRIENDS. Your professors are there to teach AND challenge you. Get a mentor. It is okay to be volnerable. Get involved in a student ministry, you will donate your time to helping others and will grow so much. You are about to embark on a time in your life that will be harder than anything you have ever done. You WILL SUCCEED. BELIEVE in yourself. When all else fails, get on your knees.

I knew a lot about the school going into it becuase I had visited many times and was able to get questions anwered. I did not realize that my school was as spiritually challenging as it was accademically challenging. The faculty and staff encourage students to find out what they believe, and incorporate that in our everyday lives. This brings a whole new dimension to college atmosphere.

Heather

A Christian University with an emphasis on education and spiritual growth.

A Christian University with an emphasis on education and spiritual growth.

I would tell my self to work harder and take more advanced classes. I did not have to work very hard in high school to do well. When I started college I did not have any study habits and did poorly at first. I would also tell myself to take more time for myself to help with stress relief during college. By treating myself well with a balanced diet and exercise, I would be a stronger person to study and apply my knowledge.

A person who does not want to go to chapel or does not have a religious background or faith would not do well at this University.

Rosalind

Its valuable for me to attend because, my educational goals are to be the first in my family to attend college, I've been told it's "impossible" by family members and I'd like to change that view! I’d like to construct a better life for my family and I, to gain knowledge & experience in an industry that will assist people to become healthy, and to possibly one day after school is completed volunteer part of my time with what I have learned at free local clinics in my community! I've struggled with dead-end jobs for all of my working life, and I have a strong urge to become part of a team that shares a common focus "help sick people recover their health" I've yet to find that in the jobs I've acquired over the years. With the new year starting I promised myself this was the year, no more "not enough money excuses" if I receive assistance its just a plus! I would like to accomplish something in my life to be proud of, something my kids can be proud of and something my community can also be proud of!

Diana

Point Loma Nazarene's small classes give the opportunity for students to develop great relationships and mentorships with thier professors. It also provides the opportunity for class discussions to take place in the small class setting. There are many ways to volunteer and be involved at Point Loma in whatever interests you have.

Looking back to my first day as a freshman at Point Loma Nazarene University, I remember being a shy, sheltered, yet ambitious girl. I remember standing in my dorm room unpacking boxes with mom anticipating my new life in San Diego, feeling completely unsure and insecure. My head was full of questions; "can I really make the right decisions on my own", "will I make any friends as close as all the friends I left at home", "what if I fail and have to return home, will this all be a big waste of money"? Comparing that first day to today over 6 years later I almost want to laugh out loud, because my college experience gave me so much. I became a very strong determined indvidual who loves learning, loves traveling and studying cultures and the world around me, I found myself desiring to love and learn about all kinds of different people. I found what I am most passionate about which is working with children and family. I started out as a BioChem major and left with a degree in Child Development, which brought me to where I am now, at graduate school for Marriage and Family Therapy.

There can be pressure to maintain a certain image as a student at PLNU. The rules that you agree to at the beginning of your college experience can be frustrating because as you end your college experience you may not feel the same way you did when you first signed the rule agreements.

Coreen

College has increased my knowledge in a global way. I am much more aware of the environment and how our choices effect our world. Point Loma has helped me discover my passion for conflict resolution and in turn that has helped direct my choices for post graduate studies. I hope to enroll in a graduate program in ethnic conflict and learn more about how I can help children in other parts of the world survive the conflicts they have been born into.

If you are looking for a big party school this is not it.

This school is like a family. There is a lot ov ways to get involved both on campus an in the community.

Point Loma Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.