San Jose, CA
San Jose State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Jose State University

Kassands
Sjundergrad

First choice school! Glad I'm here

Sjundergrad

First choice school! Glad I'm here

Jason

Do not focus on having the best SAT or ACT score. The value of your fucture is not well-roundedness it is the monopoly of a certain skill set. You should work on something that you truely care about and become an expert on it. I believe that computer software will be the catayst of humanity. So Jason, focus on computer software and do not worry about what AP tests you should take, because in college all that does not matter anymore.

San Jose State is for motivated students who look beyond the classroom. We are not a top university, however, we have access to the culture of Silicon Valley. Individuals who do not look beyond their textbooks and do not go out of their way to achieve something outside the realm of acedemics, should not attend.

Erin

My classmates at San Jose State are diverse in their nationalties, interests and talents.

If I could go back and time and talk to myself when I was a college senior, I would have had only one major topic to discuss: myself. I wouldn't need to tell myself anything about who I would meet, where I would go or what I would do. I would simply tell myself to love who I am. I have spent so many years trying to be someone else and not accepting who I am. I would tell myself to relax and enjoy my time alone. I would remind myself that traveling is important to me and to never give up on that dream even when it scares me. I would tell myself to put myself first, for once. Although putting myself first, I would remind myself that loving people and the world around me is one of the most beautiful parts of who I am. Erin, don't forget, you're amazing.

I wish I had known that I was unable to take Animation/Illustration classes.

Antonio

San Jose State University is a fun, enjoyable college I have had the pleasure of experiencing.

I would probably adivse myself to not push myself too hard and not take all of the advanced placement classes available. I would also tell my high school senor self that transistion to college is nothing to fret over, because I have worried about the transition only to realize that it was a piece of cake. I would then reasure myself to not worry about college as much as I am worrying about it now.

A person who knows what job they want to do in life. Also engineers.

First of all is to not worry about not being part of the popular crew, to enjoy senior year as much as possible. Go to every senior activity there is, convince your friends to go with you, or go by yourself, maybe you can make some last minute friends or build stronger bonds with your classmates. Don't be shy and talk to everyone you can, and do what you enjoy no mattter what others say. Ignore all the negative thoughts around you and in your head. You are almost there, so enjoy what is left of your high school career. Do not restrict yourself from having fun, but also remember to not slack and procrastinate. Prioritize what you need to do. Don't worry to much about college just yet, enjoy the last few moments with your friends because you will enjoy college so much, but you will also regret many opportunities you didn't take during high school. Definitely enjoy your free time with friends and family, because that is something you will sometimes miss in college. Overall, enjoy everything and every opportunity offered to you.

There is something for everyone in this school. Anyone should attend, as long as you are willing to work hard to achive your goals. Most majors are very competitive in the accpetance of te students, so first research what is best for your major and then go on from there.

The best thing at my school is all of the diversity and opportunities to get involved. You get to learn so many things from different cultures and others get to learn about yours. There are many opportunities to get involved, whether it be fraternities, sororities, clubs & organizations, sports, community service opporutnites, there is something for everyone. You get to meet many people with the same interests as you and also many who have different opinions, but you learn to accept that everone has their personal experience and opinion.

Amber

Dear High School Me, Apply for more scholarships and apply yourself with the SAT. It is not like you are going to struggle in college, but you will regret how little you tried during the college application process. Study more so that you will know how to when you get to college. Don't worry about not feeling important in Georgia because when you get to California you will feel better. Don't pride yourself on knowing who you are just yet because when you get to college, the person you thought you were going to be is not who you become.

That I am in California and there is a lot of diversity.

Kimberly

SJSU is known mostly for its kinesiology, child developement/ teaching, nursing and engineering programs. What it's really known for is being over crowded and overpriced. With some financial scandals that have hit the school, it leaves students wondering where our money goes and why we have to pay so much without seeing results somewhere. Students notoriously are unable to get into classes because sections are constantly getting cut and so are class sizes. I enjoy the smaller class sizes but we need more sections. Otherwise, I'd say we are known as an incredibly diverse university.

There isn't such a thing as a "typical" or "normal" college experience. Everyone is going through different hardships and obstacles and nothing is handed out to anyone, although it will always feel that way. Be proud that you pay for school on your own. You will be more responsible about your education, take it more seriously, and be more proud of your degrees. You aren't going to finish in four years and those who do are lucky, but with the extra time you have, you will gain so much more than you could have predicted, such as two minors and an exponential network. Starting at a community college and transfering to a four year university is becoming more common because it's financially responsible. So ignore those snobs who think you aren't pushing yourself. You made the right choice and I am proud of you. Your major doesn't define your future. It's simply a tool for your future. Take a class because you want the knowledge or the skill it teaches, not because you already know the material and can get an easy A. Keep your senses on alert and your head on your shoulders.

There isn't a "typical" student. I have heard over a dozen different languages and seen every skin color, age and class level walk by me on campus. Everyone has a different goal and a different vision of how to achieve it. You aren't defined by your major here. You define what your major will do for you. San Jose State is a commuter school so people come from all over the Bay to study right next to me. It's an amazing opportunity to be able to converge with such a diverse group.

Marie

San Jose State University is more diverse compared to all of the other schools I had applied too. I read online that this school has the most amount of foreign exchange students in the country. Also, this is just a good school.

I made a lot of mistakes throughout high school, and I was bent on going to school on the East Coast. I did not know the people I would meet after I graduated from Mercy High School. My senior year, I was stressing out to do exceedingly well so that I could get into the schools I wanted to and recieve financial aid. The financial aid I receive from these schools is what is ultimately the main reason as to why I would go there. But after experiencing and meeting all of the people I did while here at San Jose State Universtiy, I would tell my past self to just not worry about trying to go to the East Coast. The things that I will be able to do my freshmen year in college will be things I would never be able to do while I was in high school, or even back in San Francisco. Maybe now just is not the time to take my journey across the country, but rather across the Bay. The people I will meet and the experiences they give me, is what compensates for not being able to go to the East Coast.

Any person who is open minded and willing to try new things and meet people from all arounf the world should come here. Also, they should be able to balance their social life and academics since both play a strong role here.

San Jose State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.